PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul coming up on CNN

Depressed Liberator
07-04-2010, 05:15 PM
Just heard that Lemon dude on CNN say so.

TNforPaul45
07-04-2010, 05:20 PM
He's on now!!!

Golding
07-04-2010, 05:20 PM
I like how they made the camera makes his head look huge.

Looks like just another Ron Paul interview. The newz says something inaccurate about interpreting a soundbyte, Ron Paul corrects them. Same old, same old.

I find the idea that people are trying to suggest that this is solely Bush's war and Obama is just there as some sort of unaccountable extension is outrageous. It is definitely Bush's war, but it's not any much less Obama's war. He campaigned on increasing the Afghanistan war, for crying out loud. Just because people ignored that fact for the entirety of the campaign doesn't make the fact invisible.

TNforPaul45
07-04-2010, 05:22 PM
OH BOY THE FIGHTS ON NOW.

Paul looks tired on that Skype cam.

TNforPaul45
07-04-2010, 05:24 PM
". . .let me jump in there every once in a while congressman."

It's amazing that CNN is defending this War now that Obama is running. Amazing, yet not very surprising.

TNforPaul45
07-04-2010, 05:25 PM
We are with you ron!

Depressed Liberator
07-04-2010, 05:27 PM
Seems like Lemon was trying to say that it isn't Obama's war since he didn't start it.

I think differently. It was Bush's war when he was president, and now it's Obama's war since he is continuing it with pride.

sailingaway
07-04-2010, 05:27 PM
Youtube!!!

I hate skype with him. He needs a better webcam. I know he is frugal, but couldn't we all chip in and buy one for him for his birthday or something?

RM918
07-04-2010, 05:28 PM
Just caught the tail end, man, Ron knows how to fool people into thinking he's finishing talking.

Youtube!!!

I hate skype with him. He needs a better webcam. I know he is frugal, but couldn't we all chip in and buy one for him for his birthday or something?

I saw a recent interview with Glenn Greenwald on MSNBC using Skype, and I don't know what he did (mentioned something about recently improved tech), but it was so much more improved over the usual you could barely tell it was a Skype interview.

TNforPaul45
07-04-2010, 05:29 PM
Ron likes to fool idiotic reporters and the media establishment into thinking he doesn't know what he's talking about.

sailingaway
07-04-2010, 05:33 PM
I saw a recent interview with Glenn Greenwald on MSNBC using Skype, and I don't know what he did (mentioned something about recently improved tech), but it was so much more improved over the usual you could barely tell it was a Skype interview.

Glad to hear it. I hope the other stations catch up, then!

Austrian Econ Disciple
07-04-2010, 07:44 PM
Tube?

ClayTrainor
07-04-2010, 07:50 PM
Tube?

just did a quick youtube search. I think this might be it.

YouTube - Ron Paul on CNN 07/04/10: RNC Chair Michael Steele War Comments (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Px0iuJJD7zs)

Austrian Econ Disciple
07-04-2010, 08:10 PM
The intervewer got so flustered because his tired trash was so skillfully demolished. Ah, <3 Ron.

rprprs
07-04-2010, 08:10 PM
Ron likes to fool idiotic reporters and the media establishment into thinking he doesn't know what he's talking about.

And THAT one was as idiotic as they come. Could he have been anymore dense?
I don't think a word of what Ron said came anywhere near registering on his brain.

low preference guy
07-04-2010, 08:31 PM
Ron's gotta get a new camera.

other than that... home run.

ron paul is absolutely unabashed when he calls for the troops to come home.

Nate-ForLiberty
07-04-2010, 08:31 PM
Dr. Paul looked like a bobblehead :D

low preference guy
07-04-2010, 08:33 PM
CNN Talking Head: Steele wasn't telling the truth.
Ron Paul: YOU are not telling the truth!

ClayTrainor
07-04-2010, 08:34 PM
CNN Talking Head: Steele wasn't telling the truth.
Ron Paul: YOU are not telling the truth!

Ron still has some fire in him. :D

james1906
07-04-2010, 08:36 PM
Dr. Paul looked like a bobblehead :D

It was. While Ron Paul was celebrating the 4th in Lake Jackson with some burgers and beer and chocolate chip cookies, he set up a bobblehead in his office to pwn a CNN reporter.

dr. hfn
07-04-2010, 08:43 PM
a bobblehead! LOL Ron should keep defending Steele, it bodes well for 2012

CharlesTX
07-04-2010, 08:57 PM
Hearing Ron own a Ditto Head..."I felt this thrill going up my leg."

silus
07-04-2010, 08:58 PM
That guy is terrible. Just terrible.

catdd
07-04-2010, 09:01 PM
That's what I love about him and that's what we need more of. Be strong, be brave, don't be a chickenshit doofus like McCain.
I LOLd when he told the cnn reporter he wasn't being honest.

nobody's_hero
07-04-2010, 09:05 PM
it was. While ron paul was celebrating the 4th in lake jackson with some burgers and beer and chocolate chip cookies, he set up a bobblehead in his office to pwn a cnn reporter.

lmao.

someperson
07-04-2010, 09:25 PM
That interviewer... he was the one who conducted that ridiculous, condescending interview with Alvin Greene, too. He must be their go-to-guy when they want to give the viewer the impression that the interviewee is insane or otherwise mentally unstable. Not that he really needed to try much with Mr. Greene, but it was still embarrassing to watch his antics.

YouTube - Alvin Greene Interview with CNN Must See! 6-12-2010 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IDb7l0AAvUY)

1000-points-of-fright
07-04-2010, 09:36 PM
I think Ron came off looking bad defending Steele's blatantly false statements.

This is a war of Obama's Choosing
No, maybe it's his war NOW by the continuation and escalation of an already existing war but that's not what he said.

This is not something the United States actively prosecuted or wanted to engage in.
Bull-fucking-shit. Where the fuck has Steele been for the last 9 yrs? The GOP have been the biggest boosters of all these wars. He could only be considered correct if he meant that the majority of citizens didn't want to go to war but the government ignored them and went anyway, then did a half-assed job prosecuting it. Somehow, I don't think that's what he meant.

tsopranos
07-04-2010, 09:47 PM
Total ownage ala Ron Paul. The "left" have to give him some credit for his opposition to these wars no? Who the hell on the left opposes nation building anymore? They've all gone silent as their team won the superbowl.

Fuck them. :mad:

Happy 4th :D

robertwerden
07-04-2010, 10:30 PM
Steele owes Ron big time for this.

low preference guy
07-04-2010, 10:34 PM
Steele owes Ron big time for this.

Steele only cares about himself. If he sees Ron Paul in person, he'll say "Thankssss, Ron". But if it's useful to him, Steele would throw RP under the bus without a second thought.

silus
07-04-2010, 10:53 PM
Host should be disciplined for his actions there. You can't directly challenge a persons view by telling them they are flat out supporting lies, then try to continue on with a question without allowing a response. That is just disgusting journalism.

michaelwise
07-04-2010, 10:55 PM
I'm sick and tired of the Zionist talking points they write for the TV reporters to discuss, shifting the focus away from the real issue the public want talked about. End the wars, they are bankrupting the country and making more enemies of the the US. The Zionist banksters just want the wars to continue because the make a lot of tax payer money for the military manufacturers they own. Americas war against the boogeyman? Bull Shit. It's the Zionists war, period.

james1906
07-04-2010, 11:07 PM
http://www.comedycentral.com/press/images/southpark/MrMackey.jpg

War is bad, mmmkay?

newbitech
07-05-2010, 12:40 AM
I think Ron came off looking bad defending Steele's blatantly false statements.

I think Dr. Paul came off looking like he normally does on the issue of foreign policy, which is absolutely correct. The reaction from Republicans on these comments are knee jerk and not well thought out. In regards to Steele's comments, I don't find them to be blatantly false either.

I'd say you are exhibiting the same type of knee-jerk reaction and your comments, while possibly better thought out, are not very well informed.

So here is some information for you to digest, quotes included with sources. There is plenty more to back up Dr. Paul defending Steele, and Steele himself. These should get you back on the right track though, or at least get you barking up the right tree.

This is a war of Obama's Choosing

No, maybe it's his war NOW by the continuation and escalation of an already existing war but that's not what he said.

It is his war now, it is the war he promised to focus on when he campaigned. He ran on criticism that the US was fighting on the wrong battlefield.

Dateline August 1st 2007

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2007/08/01/obama-would-take-war-on-terror-into-pakistan/?fbid=bNeeh4RMkpM

In his speech, Obama, D-Illinois, said things would look different in an Obama administration: “When I am president, we will wage the war that has to be won, with a comprehensive strategy with five elements: getting out of Iraq and on the right battlefield in Afghanistan and Pakistan; developing the capabilities and partnerships we need to take out the terrorists and the world's most deadly weapons; engaging the world to dry up support for terror and extremism; restoring our values; and securing a more resilient homeland."

Dateline Feb 2009, only weeks after his inauguration.

http://www.usatoday.com/news/world/2009-02-17-afghanistan-forces_N.htm

"The Taliban is resurgent in Afghanistan, and al-Qaeda supports the insurgency and threatens America from its safe haven along the Pakistani border," Obama said in a written statement Tuesday. "This increase (in troops) is necessary to stabilize a deteriorating situation in Afghanistan, which has not received the strategic attention, direction and resources it urgently requires."

The perception has always been in this country that the war in Afghanistan and on the Pakistan border is a war of Obama's choosing. In fact, he chose to use the same "strategy" of a troops surge to quickly turn the tide hoping to let the Karzai government take over. Of course what is lost is the reason our troops are supposed to be there in the first place, to capture Bin Laden. Ever since Obama has taken office, his goal was to defeat terrorism, again another "strategy" borrowed from the previous administration.

The problem that Republican's have with these statements from Steele is that it is coming from the GOP leadership and is affirming what Ron Paul has been saying since the primary debates in 2007. Make no mistake, this is not about 2010 these statements are about 2012. The Republicans calling for Steele's resignation are doing so in hopes of cutting off any discussion that would shift current US foreign policy; that is basically a policy to have some kind of war going on somewhere in the Middle East. This would be disastrous to the "politics" of the Republican party as it has been over the past election cycle. These people calling Steele a liar are in my opinion opportunist who are looking for that last piece of meet off the rotting bone of a failed US foreign policy.

I think it's great that someone in the Republican leadership is finally making a statement that the average US citizen has known about for a couple years. The war in Afghanistan is indeed a war of Obama's choosing. Remember, we just marched in, we can just march out. Obama made the decision very early in his presidency that his legacy would be that of a President who escalated the Police Action of the United States military in Afghanistan.

This is not something the United States actively prosecuted or wanted to engage in.

Bull-fucking-shit. Where the fuck has Steele been for the last 9 yrs? The GOP have been the biggest boosters of all these wars. He could only be considered correct if he meant that the majority of citizens didn't want to go to war but the government ignored them and went anyway, then did a half-assed job prosecuting it. Somehow, I don't think that's what he meant.

Pictures are often worth a thousand words. This is from the March 2004 cover story of time Magazine.

http://img.timeinc.net/time/covers/1101040308/images/main_splash.jpg

Again in 2006 New York Times article.

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/09/12/world/asia/12iht-afghan.2785628.html?_r=1&pagewanted=2

Scheuer contends that important intelligence assets - spy planes, satellite imagery and intelligence analysts - have been shifted from Afghanistan to Iraq. He also emphasizes that the U.S. military's reluctance to put troops on the ground in Afghanistan has hindered its efforts. There are fewer than 18,000 U.S. troops in Afghanistan compared to 130,000 in Iraq.

I find Steele's statements to be quite accurate throughout the Bush administration. It was always far more important for Bush Jr. to finish the work of his father before him in Iraq. Bush even went on to say..

"I don't know where bin Laden is. I have no idea and really don't care. It's not that important. It's not our priority."
- G.W. Bush, 3/13/02

"I am truly not that concerned about him."
- G.W. Bush, repsonding to a question about bin Laden's whereabouts,
3/13/02 (The New American, 4/8/02)

So I think really what Steele is getting at here is that Republicans need to focus in on President Obama amping up the Police Action in Afghanistan like he told us he would do, like he criticized the previous administration for NOT doing. He also wants voters to recognize that the "war" in Afghanistan was never really a top priority, it was just a second option in the WAR ON TERROR that is now and has been since Dr. Paul came on the scene in 07 a completely debunked war strategy. This is setting the ground work for a Republican candidate to run on an anti-war platform in 2012.

Also, I think you are falling for the false left-right paradigm here. Maybe Steele is an elitist establishment Republican "leader", but saying that Dr. Paul looks bad for defending his words is fairly shortsighted.

I think Dr. Paul needs to always point out when Republican OR Democrat leaders start to come around to agreeing with what he has been saying all along (and getting castigated for). This foreign policy we have now is catered to by both establishment parties. Of course Steele rocked the boat by pointing out the truth.

Neither the American public, nor the Federal Government took Afghanistan seriously after Shock and Awe. Now all of a sudden with Obama we find a new, better reason to keep our troops committed to some middle east battlefield as per American Foreign Policy? Nothing has changed except for the fact that American's are starting to see the light about these endless wars of aggression. So Iraq had to be abandoned for the PR nightmare it was. Well, on to plan B, right?

I hope you understand a little better the reaction to Steele's comments from the Party Line Repub's. These folks are STILL completely out of touch with the American People, and they are probably scared to death that they might have to run on a platform that is actually anti-war and pro reformed US foreign Policy.

Throw Steele under the bus NOW to maintain the status quo of the One Party Republicrat foreign policy. Heaven forbid the American people actually get to hear the truth about how Obama is just doing what is in his Imperialistic nature to do, just like his predecessor.

TheeJoeGlass
07-05-2010, 02:44 AM
Steele only cares about himself. If he sees Ron Paul in person, he'll say "Thankssss, Ron". But if it's useful to him, Steele would throw RP under the bus without a second thought.

I believe Steele is trying to move closer to Ron because of the fundraising that he seen Ron beable to achieve. Ron has said recently that Steele would atleast tallk to him unlike most.

HOLLYWOOD
07-05-2010, 03:47 AM
CNN's Don Lemon... Chicago Crony Obama Ass wipe ... What an Jack Off and Idiot... Let me get in there... when Ron Paul just started speaking.

Yeah Hypocrite Numero Uno = CNN's Don Lemon... Oh, you can read his demeanor, "how dare you call and question Obama's War." Another example of this pre-canned, biased, and rigged... so-called news reporting.

Lemon's BIO... Pure Liberal Democrat Collectivist: http://edition.cnn.com/CNN/anchors_reporters/lemon.don.html

http://edition.cnn.com/CNN/anchors_reporters/images/lemon.don.jpg

itshappening
07-05-2010, 05:35 AM
Hahaha, Ron Paul just OWNED, completely OWNED this guy

this is one of his best appearances in a long time

catdd
07-05-2010, 07:31 AM
This is Obama's war NOW, he could choose to end it but he chooses to remain there. It is a war of his choosing.

specsaregood
07-05-2010, 09:17 AM
Hahaha, Ron Paul just OWNED, completely OWNED this guy

this is one of his best appearances in a long time

I am in complete agreement. That was an awesome interview.