PDA

View Full Version : Looks like we have another liberty candidate in Alaska!

libertybrewcity
07-04-2010, 04:23 PM
His name is Joe Miller.

I recently emailed him about his take on a federal reserve audit and the gold standard. I didn't even mention Ron Paul's name in my email, but he did! This was his reply:

I very much support Dr. Paul's bill to audit the Federal Reserve. I am also for returning to some sort of backing of our currency other than "the full faith and credit" of the U.S. A currency that is not backed allows improper expansion of government power and control.

Thanks,

Joe

This was my email:
Hey,
I am wondering what your take is on an audit of the Federal Reserve. Also, where do you stand on the gold standard.

Thank you

This guy seems pretty legit. http://joemiller.us/issues.html

South Park Fan
07-04-2010, 04:44 PM
The Palin endorsement gives him a good chance of winning the primary too.

erowe1
07-04-2010, 05:41 PM
Why do you think he's a liberty candidate?

I don't see him saying anything that any other Republican wouldn't say.

Austrian Econ Disciple
07-04-2010, 05:58 PM

Pretty much this. He doesn't even have anything on Foreign Policy on his site. Should have asked if he supported Ending the Fed :p

This is the top five questions you should ask:

Will you work to abolish the Federal Reserve system and allow competition in currencies as proffered by Frederich Hayek in Denationalization of Money?

Will you work to end the American Empire and to re-establish the Militia as the defense of this country?

Will you work to abolish all forms of welfare both corporate (subsidy, bailout, etc.), and personal?

Will you work to abolish the Income tax, and other pernicious taxation that is decried by DC?

Will you allow free individuals to seceede from the United States without forceably removing them from their justly acquired property?

You should get a good feel of their philosophic underpinnings with those.

libertybrewcity
07-04-2010, 07:05 PM
Pretty much this. He doesn't even have anything on Foreign Policy on his site. Should have asked if he supported Ending the Fed :p

This is the top five questions you should ask:

Will you work to abolish the Federal Reserve system and allow competition in currencies as proffered by Frederich Hayek in Denationalization of Money?

Will you work to end the American Empire and to re-establish the Militia as the defense of this country?

Will you work to abolish all forms of welfare both corporate (subsidy, bailout, etc.), and personal?

Will you work to abolish the Income tax, and other pernicious taxation that is decried by DC?

Will you allow free individuals to seceede from the United States without forceably removing them from their justly acquired property?

You should get a good feel of their philosophic underpinnings with those.

yes true, i should email him again. perhaps my title should be changed to "do we have another liberty candidate in alaska"? or something like that.

specsaregood
07-04-2010, 07:48 PM

Uhm, because of this:

I am also for returning to some sort of backing of our currency other than "the full faith and credit" of the U.S. A currency that is not backed allows improper expansion of government power and control.
That is the root cause of many of our issues including all the wars (foreign and domestic). And he said it the right way.

Find me some non "liberty" candidates that have said the same thing. I'd be surprised if there were any recent ones.

specsaregood
07-04-2010, 07:54 PM
Also, I don't see why this should be a surprise. Dr. Paul did really well in Alaska in the primary.
Romney 44%
Huckabee 22%
Paul 17% 5
McCain 15%