PDA

View Full Version : Banned from conservative forum within 8 hours

Kregisen
07-03-2010, 04:54 PM
So, being the Conservative I am, I decided to register on a conservative forum (conservativesforum.com) and I introduced myself as an ASU student, Conservative from Arizona who likes Ron Paul and is excited to start posting on the forums.

There was a thread where someone said Mitt Romney was a RINO and not a conservative. I replied and said, Romney isn't a conservative because of universal healthcare, Huckabee isn't a conservative because of his unconstitional federal smoking ban, and McCain isn't a conservative for a number of reasons. (amnesty, bailout, etc)

Got on an hour later and all 5 people on the forums (seriously, it's really small compared to here) started "attacking" me and pretty much just being assholes, and they said "you're a libertarian not a conservative, what do you define conservative as?"

I replied "I define Conservative as one who wants to limit both federal and state governments to their Constitional-defined roles. I'm a conservative. What do you guys define Conservative as?"

I came back a little later and I was banned. First day on a forum, being polite....and being banned for no reason at all. Never warned me of anything, never told me what I was banned for, just a bunch of ignorant dumbasses who don't wanna here someone with a slightly different viewpoint talk.

Has anything like this happened to anyone else? I guess I won't register for anymore conservative forums anytime soon....that one was obviously not conservative.

someperson
07-03-2010, 05:04 PM
Sounds like some individuals were struck by the possibility that the label that they've been emotionally attached to in the false-dichotomy wars, likely for years, might mean something quite different from what the media personalities that they irrationally idolize had told them. They weren't having any of that, so they lashed out. Nothing unusual, but I still find it disappointing.

Xenophage
07-03-2010, 05:07 PM
It's alright Kregisen. There's nothing wrong with being a libertarian! "Libertarian" is sometimes used interchangeably with "Old Right." These guys would have called Barry Goldwater a libertarian, and he's one of the most famous 'conservatives' in modern history.

Flash
07-03-2010, 05:08 PM
I've been IP banned there since the CPAC victory. A lot of them are creeps that lurk this forum regularly. I know because I registered there originally as 'Flash' and was instantly banned.

heavenlyboy34
07-03-2010, 05:09 PM
It's alright Kregisen. There's nothing wrong with being a libertarian!

+1000! We'll welcome you back to our dysfunctional libertarian family as long as you play fair in family feuds. :D:cool:

silus
07-03-2010, 05:14 PM
IMO, I don't see how you can so easily characterize what a person is or is not from single examples. Because on that same token you can easily find examples that do represent conservative values. Its poor, unsustainable logic all the way around and you should think harder on how to more honestly challenge individuals and their beliefs.

Kregisen
07-03-2010, 05:20 PM
It's alright Kregisen. There's nothing wrong with being a libertarian! "Libertarian" is sometimes used interchangeably with "Old Right." These guys would have called Barry Goldwater a libertarian, and he's one of the most famous 'conservatives' in modern history.

Oh I'm definitely a libertarian. But I'm also a Conservative. I think in definition they're very similar.

It's just sad really. I was polite, never mean or calling them names or anything, and after I post about a Conservative being someone who follows the Constitution I get banned.

It's just sad to think that some people who claim to be "conservative" hate the constitution.

I think I had 8 posts there total.....I would love to talk to them in real life and see what they say.

cswake
07-03-2010, 05:44 PM
Just quote the man who cannot be questioned:

If you analyze it I believe the very heart and soul of conservatism is libertarianism. I think conservatism is really a misnomer just as liberalism is a misnomer for the liberals -- if we were back in the days of the Revolution, so-called conservatives today would be the Liberals and the liberals would be the Tories. The basis of conservatism is a desire for less government interference or less centralized authority or more individual freedom and this is a pretty general description also of what libertarianism is.

Agorism
07-03-2010, 06:05 PM
Who is sponsoring CPAC this year? If John Birch Society doesn't sponsor, they might cheat.

Philhelm
07-03-2010, 06:07 PM
Just quote the man who cannot be questioned:

Excellent strategy!

catdd
07-03-2010, 06:15 PM
Some of the conservative neanderthal sites will bann us but some, like FOX, will simply delete or not print posts that contradict the status quo. They want mindless sheep not human beings.

Humanae Libertas
07-03-2010, 06:22 PM
Did this board happen to be (I don't know if I'm allowed to mention other forums) from that guy that's on FOX @ 9 PM EST? :p

catdd
07-03-2010, 06:24 PM
Lots of people complain that their posts are deleted in that forum, most just leave out of disgust.

libertybrewcity
07-03-2010, 06:26 PM
cool, i just signed up myself. ill give them a lesson!

Anti Federalist
07-03-2010, 06:27 PM
Did this board happen to be (I don't know if I'm allowed to mention other forums) from that guy that's on FOX @ 9 PM EST? :p

Huh?

Shamity?

This board has nothing to do with Sean Shamity's operation.

Although some of us, including yours truly, are Shamity board expats.

I think I've been banned from there four or five times now, if memory serves me correctly.

Humanae Libertas
07-03-2010, 06:29 PM
Huh?

Shamity?

This board has nothing to do with Sean Shamity's operation.

Although some of us, including yours truly, are Shamity board expats.

I think I've been banned from there four or five times now, if memory serves me correctly.

I wasn't talking about THIS board, I was talking about the forum where the OP was banned from. :D

Anti Federalist
07-03-2010, 06:37 PM
I wasn't talking about THIS board, I was talking about the forum where the OP was banned from. :D

Oh, derf, got it.

;)

Philhelm
07-03-2010, 06:41 PM
As far as the libertarian/conservative thing, I have my own stubborn view. I have always identified myself as a conservative, although I have been "accused" of being a libertarian before. The truth is that most liberals aren't liberal, and most conservatives aren't conservative. I don't know if I'd be considered as a libertarian according to "official" standards, but I will remain calling myself a conservative no matter what. I'm not letting pseudo-conservatives steal, mangle, and abuse the term. They can go to hell.

Golding
07-03-2010, 07:11 PM
Perusing through some of the threads there, the place seems more anti-Democrat than actually conservative. I'm sure we could find some common ground with them, but I get the impression that they're team cheerleaders that will flip any small government views for anyone that helps their "side" win.

Kregisen
07-03-2010, 08:02 PM

conservativeforums.com (I just googled conservative forum and it was the first that popped up)

Yeah don't count on them on even using logic. I literally had 8 posts, and was actually banned within like 4 hours, not even the 8 I first thought.

I don't really care, they aren't worth my time...but if any of you wanna go register and stir up the pot a bit, be my guest. :p

Acala
07-03-2010, 08:09 PM
Perusing through some of the threads there, the place seems more anti-Democrat than actually conservative. I'm sure we could find some common ground with them, but I get the impression that they're team cheerleaders that will flip any small government views for anyone that helps their "side" win.

I find that both neocon Republicans and typical Democrats are quickly rendered speechless when confronted with libertarian arguments because they are used to responding to any argument with a knee-jerk attack on the "other camp". When you don't come from the other camp, they are disarmed and they don't like that. It exposes the weakness in their position.

someperson
07-03-2010, 08:09 PM
lol that's usually the case with all too many individuals, who have been indoctrinated into the primitive, childish, tribal, left/right, blue/red, team-sport garbage otherwise known as mainstream politics.

someperson
07-03-2010, 08:13 PM
I find that both neocon Republicans and typical Democrats are quickly rendered speechless when confronted with libertarian arguments because they are used to responding to any argument with a knee-jerk attack on the "other camp". When you don't come from the other camp, they are disarmed and they don't like that. It exposes the weakness in their position.
This is very true, and if you are from an "unknown camp," the first defense mechanism that you will usually see is that they will try to figure out some way, any way, to pigeonhole you as being just like their usual "enemy." After that, the usual demagoguery ensues, with all of the wonderful pavlovian reflex responses that they believe is honest debate.

libertybrewcity
07-03-2010, 08:19 PM
conservativeforums.com (I just googled conservative forum and it was the first that popped up)

Yeah don't count on them on even using logic. I literally had 8 posts, and was actually banned within like 4 hours, not even the 8 I first thought.

I don't really care, they aren't worth my time...but if any of you wanna go register and stir up the pot a bit, be my guest. :p

lol, that's what you get when you pick a fight with one of the top ranking members..
30,000 posts!
http://www.conservativesforum.com/cgi-bin/conservatives-forum/YaBB.pl?num=1278184491

Kregisen
07-03-2010, 08:27 PM
lol, that's what you get when you pick a fight with one of the top ranking members..
30,000 posts!
http://www.conservativesforum.com/cgi-bin/conservatives-forum/YaBB.pl?num=1278184491

Haha go read it. That was the only thread I posted in since I created my account. I barely even said anything.....you just can't fight ignorance I guess.

Knightskye
07-03-2010, 08:44 PM
Well, we respect the natural right of free speech here. That says a lot about their tolerance.

james1906
07-03-2010, 09:08 PM

They can't comprehend arguments like "the government has no business defining marriage" and "I don't support the death penalty because I don't think the govt should have the power to kill people."

SLSteven
07-03-2010, 09:08 PM
30,000 posts!

...3rd party voting is not a solution and just a way to byte someone's nose off to spyte their face with that cliche 'lesser of two evil' lyne.

What language do they speak on that forum?

tremendoustie
07-03-2010, 09:36 PM
Well, we respect the natural right of free speech here. That says a lot about their tolerance.

Well, this is private property, so the owner has a right to set rules for its use, and the same's true for the conservative forum. Natural rights don't really apply, IMO.

That said, I am certainly glad that the owner of this site has decided to allow a lot more free speech. A free discussion is certainly more appealing to me.

GunnyFreedom
07-03-2010, 09:57 PM
So, being the Conservative I am, I decided to register on a conservative forum (conservativesforum.com) and I introduced myself as an ASU student, Conservative from Arizona who likes Ron Paul and is excited to start posting on the forums.

There was a thread where someone said Mitt Romney was a RINO and not a conservative. I replied and said, Romney isn't a conservative because of universal healthcare, Huckabee isn't a conservative because of his unconstitional federal smoking ban, and McCain isn't a conservative for a number of reasons. (amnesty, bailout, etc)

Got on an hour later and all 5 people on the forums (seriously, it's really small compared to here) started "attacking" me and pretty much just being assholes, and they said "you're a libertarian not a conservative, what do you define conservative as?"

I replied "I define Conservative as one who wants to limit both federal and state governments to their Constitional-defined roles. I'm a conservative. What do you guys define Conservative as?"

I came back a little later and I was banned. First day on a forum, being polite....and being banned for no reason at all. Never warned me of anything, never told me what I was banned for, just a bunch of ignorant dumbasses who don't wanna here someone with a slightly different viewpoint talk.

Has anything like this happened to anyone else? I guess I won't register for anymore conservative forums anytime soon....that one was obviously not conservative.

Yeah, it's awfully common. a lot of 'conservative' forums will ban you in a heartbeat if by your actions (however polite) you demonstrate them as posers.

catdd
07-03-2010, 10:03 PM

It becomes glaringly obvious that they never bother to think things through.

Kregisen
07-03-2010, 10:05 PM
That said, I am certainly glad that the owner of this site has decided to allow a lot more free speech. A free discussion is certainly more appealing to me.

Ditto.

Austrian Econ Disciple
07-03-2010, 10:08 PM
The first thing I noticed was that none of the posters could even spell simple words like life and peace. I'll take that as a preliminary indication that there will be little substance found yonder.

Austrian Econ Disciple
07-03-2010, 10:11 PM
They can't comprehend arguments like "the government has no business defining marriage" and "I don't support the death penalty because I don't think the govt should have the power to kill people."

The problem with most people is they cannot seperate their political beliefs with their personal beliefs. In fact, most people believe they are one and the same, and when you confront them that there is in fact, a distinct difference between the two they completely shut down and refuse to continue the conversation. People have been so brainwashed between Red & Blue and our current political situation that they are unable to even grasp simple concepts (Much less that everything the Government does, it does through the threat of violence). The tide is changing though.

GunnyFreedom
07-03-2010, 10:12 PM
The first thing I noticed was that none of the posters could even spell simple words like life and peace. I'll take that as a preliminary indication that there will be little substance found yonder.

that's probably because they find such topics as "life" and "peace" repulsive. :D

idirtify
07-04-2010, 12:26 AM
This is very true, and if you are from an "unknown camp," the first defense mechanism that you will usually see is that they will try to figure out some way, any way, to pigeonhole you as being just like their usual "enemy." After that, the usual demagoguery ensues, with all of the wonderful pavlovian reflex responses that they believe is honest debate.

One of the most common tactics is for mods to characterize your posts as “disruptive to civil discussion”.

idirtify
07-04-2010, 12:40 AM
Well, this is private property, so the owner has a right to set rules for its use, and the same's true for the conservative forum. Natural rights don't really apply, IMO.

Technically the same free-speech principles apply here (and in all forums). The only difference is lack of government protection. But even though the gov doesn’t protect speech on private property, standard values still prevail. IOW it’s a matter of the personal standards of the owner. Sure the owner can allow a lousy standard of speech freedom on his forum, but if it’s too lousy his (forum’s) credibility will suffer.

libertybrewcity
07-04-2010, 12:59 AM
that forum sucks anyways. the discussions are monotonous and boring.

i love it here much much more!

tremendoustie
07-04-2010, 12:59 AM
Technically the same free-speech principles apply here (and in all forums). The only difference is lack of government protection. But even though the gov doesn’t protect speech on private property, standard values still prevail. IOW it’s a matter of the personal standards of the owner. Sure the owner can allow a lousy standard of speech freedom on his forum, but if it’s too lousy his (forum’s) credibility will suffer.

I agree that free discussion is valuable, and it should be encouraged -- and that if your policies are too restrictive it affects your credibility.

I'm just saying you don't have an inherent right to say whatever you want to say on someone else's property. Since it's their property, they have a right to set rules for its use, and to kick you off at any time. I certainly wouldn't want government to dictate to owners what they must allow on their property.

"Freedom of Speech" in the constitutional sense, means that government (specifically congress) cannot prohibit speech.

michaelwise
07-04-2010, 01:40 AM
I have been banned from every forum imaginable. From the Huffington Post to financial blogs to the Daily Paul. This is my last forum I will be banned from. Don't feel so bad.

7_digitz
07-04-2010, 02:26 AM
so-called establishment conservatives are super sensative. you have to say evrything word for word in alignment with them or they get all pissy. their are a lot of them here too btw.

Mattsa
07-04-2010, 02:39 AM

No doubt, as conservatives, they believe in freedom of speech too! :rolleyes:

No point in arguing with morons so I wouldn't fur up your arteries over it.

Kregisen
07-04-2010, 03:01 AM
I'm not mad or anything...couldn't care less, it's just sad that those same people are just like the millions of others who are voting for which freedoms we all get.

Democracy sucks.

DamianTV
07-04-2010, 04:54 AM
All I can say is Congratulations!

And Democracy does suck. Democracy isnt and expression of common sense. Democracy is an expression of voting for who ever promises the most benefits from the public coffers.

osan
07-04-2010, 07:16 AM

Jeeez.... even revleft.com toko 2 weeks to ban me after a load of polite challenges to their hopelessly dated communist revolutionary jabbering. This has to be some sort of record.

idirtify
07-04-2010, 09:33 AM
I'm just saying you don't have an inherent right to say whatever you want to say on someone else's property. Since it's their property, they have a right to set rules for its use, and to kick you off at any time. I certainly wouldn't want government to dictate to owners what they must allow on their property.

And I’m just saying that if a discussion forum owner sets too many rules on speech, and kicks people off willy nilly for saying what he doesn’t like, his credibility will suffer. I mean with such lousy standards of speech tolerance, even the name “discussion forum” isn’t credible. Instead, it would be more like a computer game where you are constantly trying to keep your little man alive in the midst of all kinds of rules and obstacles and enemies. It’s just a matter of how high the owner wants to set his standards. IOW, people are free to do what they want on their own private property, but that does not mean that all the choices are free of consequences; especially when the property hosts something for the public. A forum is only as good as its owner.

Inflation
07-04-2010, 03:11 PM

Who cares? You should be warning people about the irreparable damage to optical organs that conservativesforum.com causes.

That has to be the ugliest, most hideous site on the entire enternet.

It's like MySpace wrapped GeoCities in an American flag, ate it, then painted a mural of the result, using the actual results as found in the toilet.

My retina still has burn-in from the garish colors. The color scheme is best called "screaming jingo 4jesus 4ever" and avoided at all cost.

We could even weaponize it. Paint our skyscrapers to look like conservativesforum.com, and turrist pilots will be unable to fly into them before their eyes catch on fire and explode.

Stay away!

Conservativesforum.com should only be accessed by the sight-impaired, using the appropriate precautions.

Go bother the Israel-firsters, Burthers, and Prohibitionists at FreeRepublic if you need to engage the pro Huck/Mitt/McCain/Newt/Likud/Lieberman/Bibi cattle herd.

tremendoustie
07-04-2010, 03:16 PM
And I’m just saying that if a discussion forum owner sets too many rules on speech, and kicks people off willy nilly for saying what he doesn’t like, his credibility will suffer. I mean with such lousy standards of speech tolerance, even the name “discussion forum” isn’t credible. Instead, it would be more like a computer game where you are constantly trying to keep your little man alive in the midst of all kinds of rules and obstacles and enemies. It’s just a matter of how high the owner wants to set his standards. IOW, people are free to do what they want on their own private property, but that does not mean that all the choices are free of consequences; especially when the property hosts something for the public. A forum is only as good as its owner.

I 100% agree with this :)

Golding
07-04-2010, 05:59 PM
I find that both neocon Republicans and typical Democrats are quickly rendered speechless when confronted with libertarian arguments because they are used to responding to any argument with a knee-jerk attack on the "other camp". When you don't come from the other camp, they are disarmed and they don't like that. It exposes the weakness in their position.Agreed to some degree. Typical Democrats that I've encountered tend to get over that initial shock a bit quicker, lumping neoconservatives with libertarians because they falsely think they are enough alike. I frequently would remind people why neoconservatism is much more like the Democrat's government policies, but another aspect of typical Democrats/typical Republicans tends to make it difficult: Those deeply entrenched in football-esque politics have willful amnesia to contradictions to their team's stances. I don't get banned from forums, but I willfully leave forums after a while because I know lost causes when I interact with them.