PDA

View Full Version : Idea: keep the primaries honest

Question_Authority
10-14-2007, 05:00 PM
As we buzz around doing our best to promote Ron Paul, and get excited about small victories and large ones too, are we not forgetting that the establishment can easily hijack the election? That diebold machines can be hacked? And that virtually every establishment entity hates the idea of a Ron Paul Revolution?

That said, I think I have a way to keep'em honest. I have been pondering this for a few days. I have not thought it through all the way. Looking for feedback.

We should mobilize the Ron Paul army to have at least one person at each voting center. That person will hold up a sign saying "If you voted for Ron Paul, please log your vote here". We will explain why we are doing this (have flyers).

People would then write their name and phone number down.

Those lists will be sent in to a RP volunteer headquarters for that state set up to deal with this issue. There, they will be counted and compared to the official count.

That's the idea. Raw and rough. But there it is. It will take a lot of coordination, but I think with 1000+ meetups already in place, it may work. Especially if the official campaign got involved with the promotion of it.

Build me up, smash me down. Whatever. Tell me what you think.

steph3n
10-14-2007, 05:02 PM
have to be careful at least in TX any name of a candidate has to be like 300ft from the location :(

reaver
10-14-2007, 05:04 PM
The primaries would be a great time for a nationwide petition against those voting machines.

RoamZero
10-14-2007, 05:12 PM
The ONLY way to have an honest vote is with paper ballots and candidate reps present during the ballot counts. The closest honest voting system that is electronic that I know of is used Canada, through optical scan machines (your paper ballot is scanned and tabulated electronically, but there is at least a paper trail).

But I think in the case of pure electronic systems, yes a plan like yours for RP exit polling will be needed. Instead of signatures and phone numbers maybe take photographs of those willing to be polled? It will give a much more "real" impact instead of a list of names and numbers. You could make a website out of it too.

FreedomLover
10-14-2007, 05:14 PM
I think you should worry more about getting the votes first.

steph3n
10-14-2007, 05:17 PM
this is what my area uses, paper ballots with OCR. when you pass it through it even gives you an instant tabulation. pretty neat :D

The ONLY way to have an honest vote is with paper ballots and candidate reps present during the ballot counts. The closest honest voting system that is electronic that I know of is used Canada, through optical scan machines (your paper ballot is scanned and tabulated electronically, but there is at least a paper trail).

But I think in the case of pure electronic systems, yes a plan like yours for RP exit polling will be needed. Instead of signatures and phone numbers maybe take photographs of those willing to be polled? It will give a much more "real" impact instead of a list of names and numbers. You could make a website out of it too.

Bradley in DC
10-14-2007, 05:17 PM
Why not just be productive? All over the country, the local Boards of Elections are desperate for poll workers. It might behoove some the other inherently suspicious people on this forum to get out in the real world and get an real understanding of how the system works. Besides, you'd make a few bucks and help the process work better in a real sense. ;)

Grandson of Liberty
10-14-2007, 05:51 PM
Why not just be productive? All over the country, the local Boards of Elections are desperate for poll workers. It might behoove some the other inherently suspicious people on this forum to get out in the real world and get an real understanding of how the system works. Besides, you'd make a few bucks and help the process work better in a real sense. ;)

There you go being the voice of reason again. :)

I don't think it would be allowed to set up near a polling place, nor do I think it would be effective anyway.

Question_Authority
10-14-2007, 05:53 PM
I think you should worry more about getting the votes first.

Getting the votes won't matter if they are not counted. It is a very likely scenario that there will be voter fraud.

Question_Authority
10-14-2007, 09:51 PM
Why not just be productive? ;)

Why is my idea not productive? I don't understand.

0zzy
10-14-2007, 09:55 PM
Funny thing is, I was thinking the exact same thing earlier today.

damn, we think alike.

Bradley in DC
10-14-2007, 11:08 PM
The ONLY way to have an honest vote is with paper ballots and candidate reps present during the ballot counts.

The chairman of the board of elections of a major city near me is a Paul supporter and is disillustioned by the other supporters' baseless claims such as this one. Take some time to actually look into the reality of the issue and not feed off other misinformed people.

Bradley in DC
10-14-2007, 11:12 PM

Again, if you had a bit more experience with this system you'd find that we're all mustering all of our self-restraint to respond kindly here. Seriously, go sign up to be a poll worker for your local board of elections. The octogenarian blue haired brigade could really use the help. After that, if you still want an answer to your question, come back.

steph3n
10-14-2007, 11:13 PM

Simple answer, because you are spending too much time questioning the authority instead of being a part of changing it! :)