PDA

View Full Version : [Video] Optimistic View of the New World Order. Dr. Michio Kaku

FrankRep
07-03-2010, 10:40 AM
2057: Future of Human Civilization
Dr. Michio Kaku

YouTube - Human Civilization (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iXtyZypQg6U)

Dreamofunity
07-03-2010, 11:16 AM
Is that him going into Type 1, 2, and 3 civilizations, with us being a 0?

I can't listen to it atm.

FrankRep
07-03-2010, 11:20 AM
Is that him going into Type 1, 2, and 3 civilizations, with us being a 0?

That's the one.

sevin
07-03-2010, 11:40 AM
That wasn't very optimistic.

FrankRep
07-03-2010, 11:42 AM
That wasn't very optimistic.

Dr. Michio Kaku is optimistic I should say.

Andrew-Austin
07-03-2010, 11:47 AM
Interesting. I think there are better ways of ranking civilization(s) though. I mean if the Empire in Star Wars is type three then woopidy-doo, its technologically advanced but socially barbaric/dysfunctional. I don't think I want us to become a type one civilization right now, we probably can't handle it. Meaning it is the state which would have complete control over the planet (meaning planetary forces), and that would not be pretty.

Dr. Michio Kaku is optimistic I should say.

I don't think he is aware of all the hurdles we face or at least their magnitude.

Travlyr
07-04-2010, 12:51 PM
Harness Planetary Power (http://www.haarp.alaska.edu/haarp/index.html)

Control earthquakes (http://www.sciencemag.org/cgi/content/abstract/191/4233/1230)
Control the weather (http://www.weathermodification.org/statements.htm)
Control volcanoes
Cities on the Ocean
Control anything planetary

The oligarchy is on this quest. If we oppose the efforts we might not get to Type 1.
Who controls these buttons?

Vessol
07-04-2010, 01:06 PM
I don't get it.

I say this stuff and I'm called paranoid, /tinfoil, and a crazy conspiracy theorist.

He says this stuff and he's called a genius, a visionary and a futurist.

Travlyr
07-04-2010, 01:07 PM
I don't get it.

I say this stuff and I'm called paranoid, /tinfoil, and a crazy conspiracy theorist.

He says this stuff and he's called a genius, a visionary and a futurist.

I suspect you are on the wrong payroll. :eek:

eOs
07-04-2010, 01:25 PM
That sounded like a 10 gig load of propaganda for science geeks. Sure we want to be interconnected with all cultures, but those cultures have different value systems than the ones we hold. And no one here is going to compromise on the basic freedoms of all men and women to become some bullshit autobot type 1 civilization. Shit, we're still fighting for the freedom to do what we want with our own bodies here in the USA, how do they expect us to go along with this crap?

Jaykzo
07-04-2010, 02:43 PM
Ultimately, I don't think a one world government would be a bad thing.

However, I think the human race has a lot of evolving to do before such a thing could work without stifling human rights. At this point, greed and corruption have too strong a foothold in our society to get anything done.

So maybe 600 (6,000?) years from now or so, when people have moved past religion and patriotism and war, we would actually -welcome- a one world government. Of course this is wild speculation on my part, but I do really enjoy the thought that one day our species will be evolved enough to learn to work with each other on a global scale.

Rancher
07-04-2010, 05:25 PM

If they were limited to protecting our natural rights.

RM918
07-04-2010, 05:37 PM

However, I think the human race has a lot of evolving to do before such a thing could work without stifling human rights. At this point, greed and corruption have too strong a foothold in our society to get anything done.

So maybe 600 (6,000?) years from now or so, when people have moved past religion and patriotism and war, we would actually -welcome- a one world government. Of course this is wild speculation on my part, but I do really enjoy the thought that one day our species will be evolved enough to learn to work with each other on a global scale.

A fantasy. Human beings dealt with greed and corruption at their dawn and they'll be dealing with it at their dusk. If they 'evolve' past religion and patriotism, they'll just make something up just as worse (or whatever you view as worse). That's the one thing that can be relied upon.

If national governments fuck up and murder carelessly, think of how terrible a one-world government with total control will end up. People think this is a fantastic idea because it will 'unite' everyone and create a utopia, but it's more propaganda that more government = progress. If it unites everyone, it will be through force and subjugation.

live liberty
07-04-2010, 06:30 PM
You are right Dr. Michio Kaku. Fortunately, we may never get to Type 1 civilization. Already your Type 1 economy is falling apart. A Type 1 civilization may be fine for the NWO elite who are in control, but it's a bunch of crap for the rest of us.

TheBlackPeterSchiff
07-04-2010, 06:39 PM
Hopefully in the future man when look at governments like we look at Monarchies.

sevin
07-04-2010, 06:53 PM
Harness Planetary Power (http://www.haarp.alaska.edu/haarp/index.html)

Control earthquakes (http://www.sciencemag.org/cgi/content/abstract/191/4233/1230)
Control the weather (http://www.weathermodification.org/statements.htm)
Control volcanoes
Cities on the Ocean
Control anything planetary

The oligarchy is on this quest. If we oppose the efforts we might not get to Type 1.
Who controls these buttons?

If the oligarchy really wanted this, they would stop stifling technological progress in the free market. They want to bring us back to the dark ages while they enjoy the last remaining technologies.

Travlyr
07-04-2010, 07:19 PM
If the oligarchy really wanted this, they would stop stifling technological progress in the free market. They want to bring us back to the dark ages while they enjoy the last remaining technologies.

The oligarchy is already trying to control the weather and earthquakes. I fear the power they would have if they achieve Type 1 civilization.

BenIsForRon
07-04-2010, 09:37 PM
It seems to me that a type 1 civilization is impossible to reach. We can only control the weather at the margins, with individual storms and so on (cloud seeding, etc). How would we control the weather on the entire planet? Where do you get the energy source to do such a thing? And earthquakes? Yeah, a really powerful bomb may cause an earthquake, but you're still not even a drop in the bucket when it comes to controlling the movement of all the tectonic plates.

Jace
07-04-2010, 09:47 PM
He's reading tea leaves and giving Buck Rogers as an example, and does it with conviction and certainty, and says he's a scientist.

Type 1 Civilizations control earthquakes, volcanoes and the weather... OK.

Type 2 uses solar flares to energize their huge machines. Seriously?

He reads the newspapers and sees evidence of the beginnings of a Type 1 Civilization on Earth because foreigners recognize Madonna and Arnold Schwarzegger... Hmm. Maybe the earthquakes and volcanoes I read about on the Internet (Type 1 telephone system) are further evidence of this.

I'm a huge science fiction fan, but I have to wonder about a scientist who is so heavily influenced by Star Trek and Stanley Kubrik. Shouldn't the science fiction writers be taking their cues from the physicists and not the other way around? If I was a physicist, I would be embarassed to be associated with the stuff this Dr. Kaku person is saying here. I would think a serious physicist wouldn't be able to sit through most Hollywood movies without rolling his eyes every five minutes.

Put me down as a person who opposes the transition of from Type 0 to Type 1. I think George Orwell told us how that turns out. At least this Kaku guy gives me hope that the New World Order types might not be the most serious of thinkers. He sounds like one of the scientists Orwell described in 1984 -- always spinning their wheels and wasting money on big concepts or on trying to control people, and never bringing progress, but retarding it.

eOs
07-04-2010, 10:08 PM
He's reading tea leaves and giving Buck Rogers as an example, and does it with conviction and certainty, and says he's a scientist.

Type 1 Civilizations control earthquakes, volcanoes and the weather... OK.

Type 2 uses solar flares to energize their huge machines. Seriously?

He reads the newspapers and sees evidence of the beginnings of a Type 1 Civilization on Earth because foreigners recognize Madonna and Arnold Schwarzegger... Hmm. Maybe the earthquakes and volcanoes I read about on the Internet (Type 1 telephone system) are further evidence of this.

I'm a huge science fiction fan, but I have to wonder about a scientist who is so heavily influenced by Star Trek and Stanley Kubrik. Shouldn't the science fiction writers be taking their cues from the physicists and not the other way around? If I was a physicist, I would be embarassed to be associated with the stuff this Dr. Kaku person is saying here. I would think a serious physicist wouldn't be able to sit through most Hollywood movies without rolling his eyes every five minutes.

Put me down as a person who opposes the transition of from Type 0 to Type 1. I think George Orwell told us how that turns out. At least this Kaku guy gives me hope that the New World Order types might not be the most serious of thinkers. He sounds like one of the scientists Orwell described in 1984 -- always spinning their wheels and wasting money on big concepts or on trying to control people, and never bringing progress, but retarding it.

You..terrorist!

RonPaulwillWin
07-05-2010, 01:43 AM
I, for one, welcome our robot overloards. Everybody else can STFU.

lx43
07-06-2010, 02:00 PM
http://www.weirdwarp.com/2009/07/alien-civilization-types-from-1-to-7/

Alien Civilizations type 1 to 7

What could an alien civilisation be able to do? Well, as we have not found any alien civilisations then everything is guesswork based on the laws of physics and our experiences here on earth. This could be completely wrong or it could be completely right or it could be somewhere in between. It is great jumping into the future and theorising but the time involved in moves from type to type in some cases is enormous and unless we start living forever, a little off putting to say the least.

The Kardashev scale is a method of measuring how advanced a civilisation could be. It relies on energy consumption of the whole civilisation and then applies it to the universe. As you might have guessed a bloke called Kardashev, a Soviet Russian astronomer, thought of it in 1964. It sounds a little out of date but is still a good idea and today SETI, science fiction writers and futurists use it.

Type 0 Civilisation.

You can probably guess that our poor old civilisation or should I say new civilisation is in this category. We’re basically a day old child not even being able to walk yet. Most of our power use is from natural resources, oil, gas and coal which as we all know we can’t win renew. We are only just thinking about using solar power, geothermal power, wind power and similar. Our civilisation is around 0.73 on the civilisation scale and slowly climbing, I wonder if we get a present when we reach type 1 status.

There is speculation that we will reach type 1 civilisation status in 100 to 200 years. It’s all big jumps and achievements that move a type 1 civilisation up the scale after this. As we rise up through the civilisation types we begin to learn more and more and move up the scale exponentially. Remember that it took over 3000 million years for humans to evolve to this state today (and what a state).

The Kardashev scale covers from levels 1 to 3 and just covers energy used. SF goes further and puts some detail in so the following is a best guess. If anyone is in contact with a type 7 then please let me know and I’ll edit the post.

1 The discovery of fire.

2 The development of stone tools.

3 The industrial revolution.

4 The technological expansion of the 19th century to the 20th century.

5 Nuclear weapons and fission power.

6 Achievements from the late 20th century to the early 21st century.

7 Fusion power and Space elevators.

8 Up to the Type I technological breakpoint, with either civilization destruction or survival.

Type 1

Controls the energy of an entire planet. This civilization can control the weather, can prevent earthquakes. Though advanced, a Type I civilization still faces danger of extinction by natural disasters such as comet impacts.

Advancing from type 1 to type 2 civilisation could take about 1000 years exponentially. To put it another way, the more you know the more you can know. Currently, the total sum of human knowledge roughly doubles every 10 years.

1 Near space industry and colonization.

2 Asteroid mining.

3 Planet Mining for fuels and energy.

4 First Interstellar travel.

5 Culture Orbital.

6 Ringworld.

7 Construction begins on Dyson Sphere or Alderson disk.

8 Civilization extends to the entire Solar System.

9 One nation without boundarys on earth.

Type 2

Controls the energy of an entire star. It has the ability to directly mine a star. This civilization will have completely explored its own star system and will have established a number of colonies in neighboring star systems. The energy factor mastered by a Type 2 civilization is about a 10 billion fold increase over that controlled by Type 1. A Type 2 civilization is virtually immune to extinction.

1 Dyson Sphere completion, where a star is totally or partially enclosed to gather the suns energy.

2 Creation of the nearest star colony.

3 Star lifting, where stars are mined for raw materials.

4 Colonization of the nearest 100 stars.

5 Star Trek type civilization. Perhaps but then again perhaps not.

Type 3

Controls the energy of an entire galaxy, show offs. Such a civilization can manipulate space-time and possesses almost godlike powers. It would be threatened with extinction only by the death of the universe itself (and even this might be avoided). Energy mastery for a Type 3 civilization marks a 10 billion-fold increase. There begins to be events and things we don’t understand at this level and onwards.

1 Space time manipulation control of the energy output of a galactic supercluster.

2 Star Wars type civilization (debatable).

3 Ability to survive the end of the Universe.

4 Controls the whole galaxy and has controlled it for millennia.

Type 4

Extra-dimensional beings but not Gods although they may seem like it to type 0. The Star Trek character Q would fit into this categoryr. There is possible harnessing of Dark Energy.

Type 5

Energy control over the entire universe. Such a civilization approaches or surpases the limits of speculation based on current scientific understanding, and may not be possible. Frank J. Tipler’s Omega point may ocupy this level.

Type 6

Energy control over multiple universes, a power level that is technically infinite.
The civilization may have gained the ability to alter physical laws across multiple universes
These civilizations can escape a dying universe, and thereby become eternal, it is possible that less advanced civilizations can do so as well.

Type 7

This would be a God or a deity, able to create universes at will, using them as an energy source, and a large one at that. Type 7 though is well beyond the stage of understanding that humans can incur beyond a technological singularity.

The above skills are reliant on the energy produced by the civilisation but there could be other ways of classifying steps in our evolution into the universe. Information available to the civilisation could be used and has been suggested by Ray Kurzwell.

As you might have guessed, we cannot understand alien civilisations we can only dream about what they would be like. Therefore some people argue that the above types of civilisation may not actually occur and future development might occur differently.

There may also be unique conditions on Earth that allow quicker development (or slower development perhaps) than the civilisations forming around us. There could be lots of unique things about the earth from the tilt to the Moon producing tides and it’s protection from asteroids, comets, and radiation.

The existence of these types of civilisations may be incorrect considering the little we know about the universe. It’s a good start though. Let’s hope there is a party every time we advance a civilisation type.

lx43
07-06-2010, 02:09 PM
My personal view is we are a type zero civilization with a long way to go before we even approach a type 1 (Star Trek/Star Wars are type 1 IMO not type 2/3 as some people suggest). I do believe though the human race would be in the early phases of becoming a Type 1 civilization if govts throughout history had not enslaved the human race for their endless wars and welfare societies. We have nothing to fear except our own govt.

As for a one world govt, I don't want it. We already have 3 layers of masters in the United States, why do we need to add another layer?

Travlyr
07-06-2010, 02:19 PM
As for a one world govt, I don't want it. We already have 3 layers of masters in the United States, why do we need to add another layer?

Aren't we already subjected to a world government? The G20?

In a Type 1 civilization... who's finger is on the button to control earthquakes, volcanoes, and weather, etc. How do we choose who gets that much power?

lx43
07-07-2010, 10:41 AM
Aren't we already subjected to a world government? The G20?

In a Type 1 civilization... who's finger is on the button to control earthquakes, volcanoes, and weather, etc. How do we choose who gets that much power?

No I don't think we are subjected to world govt quite yet because individual nations still have the power to resist, although we are seeing the first signs of fire with the UN, WorldBank, IMF, G20, etc. When world bodies have the power to tax us, then I'll say we have a world govt.

Your second question I don't know the answer too. Lets just hope by then that the evil force of tyranny has been mostly defeated by then, and the world has a free society.

mczerone
07-07-2010, 12:12 PM
Where's the methodological individualism here?

"harness the energy of the entire planet" is an absurd collectivizing statement, without realizing the human action it takes to supply (and demand) energy. The industrial revolution was the product of individual experimentation and free demand of consumers, supplying cars and trains to deliver and machines to automate the creation. Without the freedom and security of personal property, the most highly demanded power is for weapons - and will be inefficient uses of scarce resources by definition.

If you wish to imagine the "creation" of a Type-1 power source, don't collectivize the entire population of the world into its creation, but ask "which individual would want such power, and would finance its creation?"

We can either let this actor be the risk accepting entrepreneur looking to meet the needs of the people, or else a massive organization funded by theft and led by men looking to annihilate all competitors.

If you choose the first way, there is no way to imagine all the true progress that humankind will see with the most peace.

If you choose the second way, you are guaranteeing war and risk of total self-extinction with each marginal unit of energy used.

FrankRep
07-07-2010, 12:16 PM
If you wish to imagine the "creation" of a Type-1 power source, don't collectivize the entire population of the world into its creation, but ask "which individual would want such power, and would finance its creation?"

Individualism is so last century.