PDA

View Full Version : IMPORTANT: Family Research Council will have an online straw poll

wgadget
10-14-2007, 04:47 PM
and you can vote in it if you register with them. You will need to donate at least $1 to become a member. Be careful of their donation page: make sure you click on the "other" choice and then type in $1. Otherwise it will revert to $1000.

:)

http://www.frcaction.org/index.cfm?c=WASH_BRIEFING

kylejack
10-14-2007, 04:58 PM
These theocrat sorts will never get one dollar from me, even if its so I can vote for Dr. Ron Paul in their straw poll.

speciallyblend
10-14-2007, 05:01 PM
Will not donate or vote in their crappy poll ,ditto

wgadget
10-14-2007, 05:23 PM
You realize that the polls will be skewed, don't you?

kylejack
10-14-2007, 05:37 PM
They know darn well who is the most popular candidate on the internet. They're trying to use Ron Paul supporters as a fundraiser. I'm not going to give them money to attack television shows that depict homosexuals, a naughty word, or Oh God, a nipple. I'll fight them from hell if I have to. This is a free country and they spend every dollar and hour trying to shut freedom down. I wish a plague on their house.

American
10-14-2007, 05:39 PM
LOL, if I give money to anything political it will be to Ron Paul, period.

Online poll? not me.

wgadget
10-14-2007, 05:41 PM
I see your point.

But I predict it will be shouted from the rooftops that HUCKABEE will be our next President according to the skewed results of this straw poll.

ctb619
10-14-2007, 05:50 PM
I see your point.

But I predict it will be shouted from the rooftops that HUCKABEE will be our next President according to the skewed results of this straw poll.

no one listened the last time this was done after the value voters debate

Alabama Supporter
10-14-2007, 05:57 PM
There will be a straw poll conducted at the event in Washington next weekend that might be worthwhile if we want to keep up the momentum. Ron Paul will be addressing them on Friday. Most of the candidates are appearing and the voting will be conducted all weekend.

wgadget
10-14-2007, 06:26 PM
As well as online, as mentioned in the OP. But you have to become a "member." $1 will do it, if you can stomach the idea, which apparently many here cannot.

erowe1
10-14-2007, 06:34 PM
It's a good organization. I'm happy to support them. Conservative Christian voters are bound to be the biggest voting block behind Ron Paul, so we should do all we can to introduce them to him. There's no possible way he'll win the GOP nomination without them. But I clicked the link and didn't see anything about a straw poll. Where does it talk about that?

erowe1
10-14-2007, 06:42 PM
no one listened the last time this was done after the value voters debate

Paul came in second in that poll. He also came in second at the Palmetto Family Council straw poll, which was geared toward the same voting block. He'll probably come in second in this one too. Second place is nothing to sneeze at in a large GOP field. And all of these showings will help him be in position to get all those votes when Huckabee bows out of the race, which will happen early in the primary season.

It's true that there is a new form of religious right that has been drawn to the Bush/Huckabee big-government "compassionate conservatism". But that's not the whole story. There is still quite a contingent of small-government, strict constructionist interpreters of the Constitution, federalists, who are big on U.S. sovereignty and think one-world-government is a hallmark of Satanism who belong more to the old religious right. The enormous number of votes that can be gotten from that crowd is vital.

wgadget
10-14-2007, 06:44 PM
The information on online voting in the straw poll can be found in this link, top paragraph:

http://www.frc.org/get.cfm?i=WA07J09#WA07J09

I guess Dobson will be there...Maybe he'll stay and listen to RP. It's not like he hasn't been flooded with emails from us begging him to consider RP....

wgadget
10-17-2007, 01:01 PM
bump