PDA

View Full Version : A Tale of Two Letters

georgiaboy
07-03-2010, 09:47 AM
Dear YAL (ed: Young Americans for Liberty) Supporter,

I write to you today with a strong sense of optimism.

This time last year, our movement had undeniable momentum. Still, I never expected we'd come this far, this fast.

Namely, I've been extraordinarily impressed with Young Americans for Liberty. They've charted a bold course and have been rewarded with unprecedented success.

I'd like to extend my deepest gratitude to you for all you have done to help make that happen.

YAL Executive Director Jeff Frazee recently brought me up to speed on everything the group did this semester, and it's clear to me none of it would have been possible without the generosity of dedicated supporters like you.

Young Americans for Liberty stands alone, with a rock-solid commitment to principle and a comprehensive, practical game plan to recruit, train, and mobilize the next generation of true liberty activists. I am proud to support them.

And I thank you for joining me.

I'd like to share with you just a few of the most impressive success stories Jeff recently discussed with me. I hope you'll be as inspired as I was by the commitment and talent of these passionate students.

In February, YAL, Campaign for Liberty, and I stormed the gates of the Republican establishment at CPAC.

This enormous convention is the largest gathering of conservatives in the country, and it is the site of a highly-publicized Straw Poll, which is traditionally recognized as an early predictor of the GOP presidential primary.

Most years, the Straw Poll is little more than a popularity contest among establishment "conservatives." This year, though, I pulled off a runaway victory, garnering 31% of the vote among 13 choices.

The most remarkable figure was the age demographic. Fully HALF of the votes came from students, in a year with the biggest-ever turnout.

There is little doubt this massive youth vote came from YAL's well-organized effort to bring students from across the nation to CPAC.

While I am deeply indebted to Young Americans for Liberty staff and students for these results, I am also truly grateful to their donors – folks like you – who made possible their efforts on my behalf.

In March, the very active YAL chapter at Ohio State University hatched a plan to promote Freedom Watch, the Fox News program hosted by renowned constitutionalist Judge Andrew Napolitano. They also invited me to join them on the show.

The students went on a non-stop promotion blitz: covering the campus in flyers, putting up posters, and working around the clock to get the word out any way they could. When the show taped live, they delivered a SOLD OUT crowd. More than 1,700 supporters attended the event.

The makeup of the crowd was remarkable. I could tell by the reaction to my speech that most attendees were already supporters, but many were new converts, just beginning to consider liberty.

Perhaps even more impressive – everyone in the room was on their feet by the end of the show's live broadcast. THAT speaks to the power of our message.

In mid-March, over one hundred passionate, talented liberty activists convened in Louisville, Kentucky for a week of intense political training and non-stop activism. This project exemplifies YAL's mission.

Generous YAL donors paid for every student's accommodations and training for the entire week. This program created an army of seasoned activists, many of whom are now employed in full-time campaign work.

After training, students spent several days putting their new skills into action, volunteering for the Kentucky campaign or cause of their choice. You may have heard about the overwhelming results in the news.

That's the type of work I'm truly proud to support, and I hope you are too.

I'm happy to share with you a few of the many reasons I'm pleased to work with Young Americans for Liberty.

Jeff and his small staff are vigilant to maximize the impact of every last dollar of your contributions. I hope you will continue to be generous in your support, and I'm sure YAL will continue to be thoughtful and careful stewards of your investment.

That is why we need Young Americans for Liberty – to preserve liberty from extinction in the next generation.

In Liberty,

Congressman Ron Paul

And,

Dear Fellow Republicans,

As America celebrates the 234th Anniversary of her independence, we remember and honor the resilient courage of our Founding Fathers. Under the guidance and wisdom of men like Washington, Adams and Franklin, America was given a voice in its fight for a unified and independent country, despite its position as a fledgling coalition of colonists. They envisioned a strong nation that respected a person’s unalienable rights of life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness.

Today, we face a very similar situation that the colonists faced over 200 years ago. The very freedoms and spirit of self-determination upon which this country was founded are at stake. It is our duty as a nation to protect these freedoms that have been deeply embedded in American culture since its birth. America has always served as a beacon of opportunity and prosperity, but she cannot passively accept this role. From World War II to the Cold War to September 11th, the very core of American ideology has been challenged. And each time, we as a nation have prevailed in the face of extreme adversity and even tragedy.

If history has taught us anything, it is that we must diligently and actively fight for these freedoms, as they will continue to be questioned by both internal and external entities. America is a grassroots nation whose success is driven not by controlling political elites but by innovative and hardworking citizens. We must not forget that the American movement for independence was started by a group of determined colonists who were discontent with the oppressive status quo. Through organization and unification, this movement gained enough momentum to expose the tyranny of a repressive government and stir a revolution. All it took was the collaborative effort of a few individuals committed to a vision to invigorate an entire nation of people.

Part of enjoying our freedom is acknowledging its fragility and accepting our responsibility to secure it for future generations. Through our investment of faith in American values and freedom, our country will continue to thrive as the nation our Founding Fathers originally envisioned.

Sincerely,

Sue Everhart (ed. Chair of the Georgia Republican Party)

The establishment is definitely picking up the memes of our movement, and we are those of whom Sue speaks. We have the message and the momentum. Continuing to stand firm on principle in our support of the right candidates, GOP or no, spokespersons who support us, getting involved, firing on all cylinders, it's working.

Happy Independence Day!

puppetmaster
07-03-2010, 09:50 AM
And,

The establishment is definitely picking up the memes of our movement, and we are those of whom Sue speaks. We have the message and the momentum. Continuing to stand firm on principle in our support of the right candidates, GOP or no, spokespersons who support us, getting involved, firing on all cylinders, it's working.

Happy Independence Day!

Get involved! hell it's a blast nowadays!