PDA

View Full Version : USA TODAY: 3 in 10 Americans call themselves Tea Partiers

devil21
07-03-2010, 01:05 AM
Umm...so why is Ron still polling around the usual 5-10%? And how can we work to redirect the support toward the guy that started the Tea Party?

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ynews_spec/20100701/pl_ynews_spec/ynews_spec_pl3005

A year and a half after the idea of a Tea Party burst into view, three of 10 Americans describe themselves in the USA TODAY/Gallup Poll as Tea Party supporters — equal to the number who call themselves Republicans — though many of them acknowledge they aren’t exactly sure what that allegiance means.

"I don’t really understand it, but I like what they stand for," says Terry Rushing, 63, of Greensburg, La.,. who was among those surveyed. "They just support everything I’m looking for — lower taxes, less government. ...All the good things, you know."

"What we need is to push the tea over the edge of the boat, and the Tea Party is trying to do that," says Dale Jackson, 37, a school bus driver from Jefferson City, Mo., mentioning his concerns about illegal immigration and government bailouts.

more at link

ETA: Not one mention crediting Ron (though he is mentioned as Rand's dad) and this quote is just great...

On the last big Election Day, in 2008, the Tea Party didn’t exist.

TheTyke
07-03-2010, 01:52 AM
Although Ron Paul supporters were tea partying before it became cool, most of the people involved only know that something is wrong and aren't sure exactly what to do about it. That's why it's so important that we get involved and become leaders in the movement..... if we don't do it, the neocons or the media WILL. That's why successfully running as "tea party candidates" and organizations like CFL, TBK and JBS helping make tea party events successful will give us a platform of hundreds of thousands to millions to spread our message.

Finally, there is an old saying "You catch more flies with honey than with vinegar." Self-righteously bashing anyone who doesn't perfectly agree with us only hurts our cause... all actions should be based on political strategy, and negative campaigning is only useful in a handful of situations.

Above all, it will take time and hard work to be successful. There is no quick solution... but we polled at 2% before the election in 2008. Our numbers have dramatically improved and will be greater still if we continue to put the work in. Spread the message of liberty with a smile! :)

Philhelm
07-03-2010, 02:04 AM
[QUOTE=TheTyke;2775939"You catch more flies with honey than with vinegar." Self-righteously bashing anyone who doesn't perfectly agree with us only hurts our cause[/QUOTE]

Ding, ding, ding! We have a winner!!!

JeNNiF00F00
07-03-2010, 05:19 AM

Knightskye
07-03-2010, 10:10 AM
Because they know what Ron Paul's foreign policy is.

We're not talking about 1773 tea partiers, because then Ron Paul would be 95% in the polls.

We're talking about people who agree with Bill Kristol that we should be in Afghanistan for the next 50 years.

FrankRep
07-03-2010, 10:17 AM
Remember times ago when some Ron Paulers were demanding we all boycott the Tea Parties.

In Columbus, Ohio we had a few speakers who were Ron Paul supporters.

YouTube - Alicia Healy, Candidate at Columbus Tea Party (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r6OCg1UuakA&feature=related)

YouTube - Judge Andrew Napolitano- Columbus Ohio Tea Party, August 1, 2009 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e8ySpaDlMsY&feature=related)

catdd
07-03-2010, 10:22 AM
One of the best things we can do for ourselves is spend time busting up the neocon presence within the TP. I work on that as much as I can.
They are brainwashed but I do not think they are hopeless.

FrankRep
07-03-2010, 10:23 AM
One of the best things we can do for ourselves is spend time busting up the neocon presence within the TP. I work on that as much as I can.
They are brainwashed but I do not think they are hopeless.

We all must get involved in the Tea Party planning and help choose the speakers.