PDA

View Full Version : WTF is going on? FEC going after Ron now???

RileyE104
07-02-2010, 04:02 PM
I thought this was just an issue with the C4L, but if the article below is true, then they're also trying to charge RP, and worse...

http://blogs.alternet.org/uswgo/2010/07/01/is-the-federal-election-commission-fec-going-to-win-in-shutting-down-campaign-for-liberty-and-arresting-ron-paul/

anaconda
07-02-2010, 04:04 PM
This can only make big government look even worse to the masses. This would likely backfire on the establishment.

erowe1
07-02-2010, 04:17 PM
Before you state that as a fact, please take a breath and acknowledge that your source is a make-your-own news story site, where the content is no more reliable than any random post on this forum is. And the sole evidence that fake news story based the claim on is the same email from RP about CFL that we all read and from which none of us inferred that they were going after RP specifically.

Matt Collins
07-02-2010, 11:08 PM
Lots of segments of the liberty movement are being harassed by the FEC recently and no one seems to be immune. That's all I'm saying for now.

Live_Free_Or_Die
07-02-2010, 11:38 PM
Lots of segments of the liberty movement are being harassed by the FEC recently and no one seems to be immune. That's all I'm saying for now.

What is that? Attention... attention everyone.... all eyeballs here....

-----------------------------> Claim! <-----------------------------
http://911falseflag.com/images/wtc-7.gif

Hmmm... doesn't appear to be much holding it up.

Matt Collins
07-02-2010, 11:46 PM
-----------------------------> Claim! <-----------------------------

Hmmm... doesn't appear to be much holding it up.
All I'm saying is just don't be surprised within the next few days and weeks you start to see more and more issues with the FEC and liberty movement.

Live_Free_Or_Die
07-02-2010, 11:52 PM
All I'm saying is just don't be surprised within the next few days and weeks you start to see more and more issues with the FEC and liberty movement.

No amount of government intervention would surprise me. But what's up with:

Hey world.... I know something... And that makes me important!

eeewwww, aaaahhhhh, OoooOOOooooO, gee Matt tell us we want to know.

I can't tell you.

?

t0rnado
07-03-2010, 12:33 AM

Thanks for being the harbinger of vague and ostensibly prophetic statements.

Matt Collins
07-03-2010, 12:34 AM
But what's up with:

Hey world.... I know something... And that makes me important!

Did I say that?
No I did not.

All I said is that the FEC is harassing some specific segments of the liberty movement, and I am not going into details for now. Don't read into it any more than was there, and don't put words in my mouth! :rolleyes: :mad:

TheDriver
07-03-2010, 12:38 AM
When dealing with the FEC, CFL just needs to comply. CFL just needs to answer the questions and not try to use it as an issue to raise money; That's just asking for more heat.

JoshLowry
07-03-2010, 12:46 AM
Matt, stop playing mind games.

Knightskye
07-03-2010, 12:53 AM
"And then they fight you."

Live_Free_Or_Die
07-03-2010, 01:00 AM
Did I say that?
No I did not.

All I said is that the FEC is harassing some specific segments of the liberty movement, and I am not going into details for now. Don't read into it any more than was there, and don't put words in my mouth! :rolleyes: :mad:

No you didn't say that. I put those words in your mouth based on how I am interpreting your post. (it would appear looking at subsequent posts I am not alone)

Here is my point.

Don't tell me a billionaire is donating to Ron Paul if you can't say who it is.
Don't tell me government is cracking down on specific segments of the liberty movement if you can't elaborate.

Obviously people on this forum are going to be interested in specific segments of the liberty movement but we are not interested in hype. Bring in the facts and details not a mainstream media headline advertisement to tune in to your feature piece airing three days from now.

OMG. Look at this $%*#. I am turning into a cheap drama queen whore griping about your drama!

Matt Collins
07-03-2010, 10:06 AM
When dealing with the FEC, CFL just needs to comply. CFL just needs to answer the questions and not try to use it as an issue to raise money; That's just asking for more heat.
Yeah really. I do wish they would decouple their fundraising requests from their informational communications because I tend not to read their informational communications any more.

Matt Collins
07-03-2010, 10:08 AM
No you didn't say that. I put those words in your mouth based on how I am interpreting your post. (it would appear looking at subsequent posts I am not alone)Well you interpreted incorrectly. :)

Don't tell me a billionaire is donating to Ron Paul if you can't say who it is.Peter Thiel.

Don't tell me government is cracking down on specific segments of the liberty movement if you can't elaborate.

Obviously people on this forum are going to be interested in specific segments of the liberty movement but we are not interested in hype. Bring in the facts and details not a mainstream media headline advertisement to tune in to your feature piece airing three days from now.

OMG. Look at this $%*#. I am turning into a cheap drama queen whore griping about your drama!Not hardly.

You do realize we're in an election year and everything here is read not only by our opposition but by the government, right?

So forgive me if I don't / can't / won't go into details on some things. :rolleyes:

MelissaWV
07-03-2010, 10:12 AM
If you can't give details, then don't give vague hints and innuendo. The only purpose, when we all know you can't spill the beans, is to draw attention to yourself.

Seriously.

low preference guy
07-03-2010, 10:15 AM
If you can't give details, then don't give vague hints and innuendo. The only purpose, when we all know you can't spill the beans, is to draw attention to yourself.

Seriously.

I haven't read his post because he is in my ignore list, but I assume you're talking about Matt Collins. It's really a pity to see this dude fill threads crying for attention to make up for his lack of self esteem. It's not going to make him feel any better.

TheDriver
07-03-2010, 10:20 AM
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y79/psychodiva/AttentionWhore-poster.jpg

Matt Collins
07-03-2010, 10:32 AM
The only purpose, when we all know you can't spill the beans, is to draw attention to yourself.Wow, you people assume too much :rolleyes:

low preference guy
07-03-2010, 10:33 AM
Wow, you people assume too much :rolleyes:

Matt, please stop filling the forums with your worthless posts.

Matt Collins
07-03-2010, 10:42 AM
Matt, please stop filling the forums with your worthless posts.
I thought I was on your ignore list? :rolleyes:

low preference guy
07-03-2010, 10:46 AM
I thought I was on your ignore list? :rolleyes:

yeah, but i opened it manually as others called attention to it. but don't do it for me, do it for the others RPFers. please stop posting worthless crap.