PDA

View Full Version : This graph is in the drivers seat of all other statistics

Live_Free_Or_Die
07-02-2010, 03:06 PM
http://www.blogiseverything.com/images/world_population_graph4_small.jpg

akforme
07-02-2010, 03:13 PM
I read a good article a long time ago that connects population growth with oil Oil made life easier and allowed for more to have kids.

silverhandorder
07-02-2010, 03:23 PM
I am not concerned about population growth. When resources needed to live become scarce a lot of people will not be able to afford to make kids. Those that will anyways will find out that they can not survive. As much as statist like to pretend that they care they will be the first ones to throw those people under the bus claiming it is required for the greater good.

The only thing I am concerned about is to position my self so I won't be the one starving.

noxagol
07-02-2010, 03:24 PM
It does seem to coincide right with the beginning of mass use of oil.

djdellisanti4
07-02-2010, 03:26 PM
I have a bad feeling that the world's governments will find a way to f*** this up and make things worse. All the more reason for the people to accept the freedom philosophy asap.

TNforPaul45
07-02-2010, 03:31 PM
Any organism that reaches a certain overload point of population will start experiencing massive die offs. In nature, these die-off are always the fault of external causes that are beyond the control the of the organisms.

Humans are the first and only species that are capable of both causing and stopping these die-off events.

We shall see how we act in regards to this realization.

silverhandorder
07-02-2010, 03:39 PM
If we look at Russia it is clear that people are smart enough to limit them selves in reproduction on their own.

libertybrewcity
07-02-2010, 06:24 PM
I am not concerned about population growth. When resources needed to live become scarce a lot of people will not be able to afford to make kids. Those that will anyways will find out that they can not survive. As much as statist like to pretend that they care they will be the first ones to throw those people under the bus claiming it is required for the greater good.

The only thing I am concerned about is to position my self so I won't be the one starving.

what scares me is that the government will like regulate who can have kids and who can't. it is seen in some countries today but it would likely be a universal thing. the next global warming-like scare.

libertybrewcity
07-02-2010, 06:25 PM
If we look at Russia it is clear that people are smart enough to limit them selves in reproduction on their own.

it's probably because they are all emigrating elsewhere.

MsDoodahs
07-02-2010, 08:55 PM
Source of that chart?

Parts of Europe, and the US, are below the replacement rate.

Fox McCloud
07-02-2010, 09:18 PM
from what I've gathered the growth potential isn't as dramatic as a number of people seem to like to indicate...some data seems to indicate human population will peak in 2100 (or a little before then), then decline from there on out for a while until it hits a lower point where it will pretty much stay at for the rest of time.

Live_Free_Or_Die
07-02-2010, 09:45 PM
Source of that chart?

Parts of Europe, and the US, are below the replacement rate.

I am not claiming anything about the exact chart in the OP. I just shagged the first population chart I could Google. My only point was demographics is in the drivers seat of all other statistics.