PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul Q4 Fundraising Projection

lx43
10-14-2007, 04:16 PM
Projected to reach $7 million. Come on PEOPLE I want $15 million

http://www.transworldnews.com/NewsStory.aspx?id=25214&cat=11

ashington D.C. 10/14/2007 02:04 PM GMT (FINDITT - Top Story)

Ron Paul's current fund raising numbers have him on pace to get $6 million dollars in donations. With a similar surge in donations at the end of Q4 as he got in Q3, Ron Paul could set himself up very nicely to get $7 million.

On RonPaul2008.com, the Texas Republican congressman has set out a goal of $12 million for this quarter, an amount that would challenge Mitt Romney and Rudy Giuliani.

Check out our article on Ron Paul's Q4 fundraising to see the current graphs as well as the source of the information.

Ron Paul's Q4 Fundraising

kylejack
10-14-2007, 04:37 PM
8 million would put us solidly in the hunt with the big boys, and be considered very respectable. 12 million would be a real miracle, and the media would bombard us with positive accolades. Keep in mind that December is probably not going to be too good. Christmas is bad news for fundraising. I predict that November will be our best month ever.

Shellshock1918
10-14-2007, 04:46 PM
8 million would put us solidly in the hunt with the big boys, and be considered very respectable. 12 million would be a real miracle, and the media would bombard us with positive accolades. Keep in mind that December is probably not going to be too good. Christmas is bad news for fundraising. I predict that November will be our best month ever.

Ditto. 8 Million sounds more reasonable to me. 12 would be a great success though.

lx43
10-14-2007, 04:48 PM
I think if we can break the 4 million goal for this month we will easily reach the 12 million goal.

LibertyEagle
10-14-2007, 04:50 PM
We'd better get 12, or we're going to look like fools. What's more, there is absolutely no reason why we cannot. There are 50K Meetup members currently. That's only $240 per person. Surely, we have more supporters than a measly 50K to take up the slack for those who cannot donate this much. Not to mention the fact that if we would go OUTSIDE and start handing out Slim Jims, we could get one heck of a lot more people on board.

It's now or never. Try to save our country, or don't.

RP4ME
10-14-2007, 05:26 PM
NO NO NO! The campaign HaS STATED we need 12 Million to stay in the game - at that point there will be a huge media push - thats expensive and he is already starting to spend that money...So 8 Million is UNACCEPTABLE!!!!

Its 12 Million end of story - its doesnt matter if yall are statisfied with 8 M.......the campaign hs said its required at thsi point to WIN!

RP4ME
10-14-2007, 05:27 PM
:)
We'd better get 12, or we're going to look like fools. What's more, there is absolutely no reason why we cannot. There are 50K Meetup members currently. That's only $240 per person. Surely, we have more supporters than a measly 50K to take up the slack for those who cannot donate this much. Not to mention the fact that if we would go OUTSIDE and start handing out Slim Jims, we could get one heck of a lot more people on board.

:) :)

What he said!

cac1963
10-14-2007, 05:54 PM

On those unknown supporters who haven't signed up for any meetups, I have spoken with at least 20 who are so paranoid about big brother that they don't want their names attached to anything related to Ron Paul. I have tried to get them to throw some bucks into Paul's campaign and every single one of them don't want their names on that particular list. I have no idea how to counter this deep seated paranoia. Any ideas?

LibertyEagle
10-14-2007, 05:57 PM
On those unknown supporters who haven't signed up for any meetups, I have spoken with at least 20 who are so paranoid about big brother that they don't want their names attached to anything related to Ron Paul. I have tried to get them to throw some bucks into Paul's campaign and every single one of them don't want their names on that particular list. I have no idea how to counter this deep seated paranoia. Any ideas?

Yes. If they donate less than $200, their name will not appear on any publicized FEC list.

Check me on this, because I am not sure whether one can even donate this amount multiple times within a reporting period without their name being displayed publicly.

If they still won't go for that, suggest that they give heavily to grassroots efforts.

damijin
10-14-2007, 06:08 PM
I'll max out my donations this quarter, but first I need to figure out how much more I can give.

Also, about the Big Brother thing, tell 'em to grow some spine! I mean, not to be harsh but, they need to stand up, be proud! There's people in countries dying for freedom, and you know I don't mean Iraq. They put it all on the line in China, in Myanmar, in so many pro-liberty movements around the world, the least we can do is give $200.

eloquensanity
10-14-2007, 06:10 PM

Yes I've run into that before.
People agree that the country needs change but are so afraid of the present government they will not publically speak out or support anyone who does.

me3
10-14-2007, 06:15 PM
They can always donate to a bunch of PACs and chipins with small Paypal donations.

inibo
10-14-2007, 06:25 PM
Yes. If they donate less than $200, their name will not appear on any publicized FEC list.

Check me on this, because I am not sure whether one can even donate this amount multiple times within a reporting period without their name being displayed publicly.

If they still won't go for that, suggest that they give heavily to grassroots efforts.

It would seem that's true. All my donations since March have been $100 or less, I'm probably up to around seven or eight hundred by now and I've never been able to find myself in either the FEC data (http://query.nictusa.com/pres/) or at Fundrace (http://fundrace.huffingtonpost.com/).

yaz
10-14-2007, 06:32 PM
Everyone needs to go door to door to raise money for your Ron Paul meetup group. After doing so split the money and the say it's a gift but strongly suggest that they donate to Ron Paul ;) Right now the average donation is $75. The average donation needs to be $2000. ;)

wgadget
10-14-2007, 06:34 PM
$2000? In THIS economy?

stevedasbach
10-14-2007, 06:38 PM

The $200 threshold is cummulative for the entire campaign for donations to a particular committee.

Nathan Hale
10-14-2007, 07:03 PM
Projected to reach $7 million. Come on PEOPLE I want $15 million

At the current rate, I doubt we'll hit $15M. At the current rate we're due to hit about $2M per month, so $6M by year's end. However, I appreciate that we'll get a boost at the end of each month and especially at the end of the quarter as the campaign had (correctly) separated each month to create 3 "pressure points" rather than just the quarterly one. So I think we can hit $2.5M per month in response to these. Include a $3.5M (to be generous) December payday in response to the end of Q4, my guess is $8.5M for Q4.

jonahtrainer
10-14-2007, 07:06 PM
People agree that the country needs change but are so afraid of the present government they will not publically speak out or support anyone who does.

This is a legitimate concern and our freedom of speech has been chilled. I was talking with a friend about this and said 'You realize we will be the first to fill Halliburton's camps?' He responded 'Yes, but our consciences will be free.' I do fear some for his wife and children. We each must take our own path but for the sake of our Honor let it not be said we did nothing. I highly recommend watching Sophie Scholl: The Final Days.

As far as responding I'd say 'When will you, if ever, stand up for freedom instead of living in tyranny and fear? They already track all your Internet traffic, wiretap you and you have nowhere to run; we kidnap foreign citizens on foreign soil and torture innocent civilians to death. The longer we wait the heavier the chains and the deeper the blood. Please, join us now, retain your honor and have peace knowing you are part of solution doing something.'

shepburn
10-14-2007, 07:21 PM
This is a great post!! It's $12M or Bust!

This post just inspired me to donate $100 bucks... watch for my name on the big board ...Scott Hepburn from Springfield VA

My total now for the campaign is $375

Where is everyone else at??

lx43
10-14-2007, 07:23 PM
I've donated $100 thus far. I have been told by RP fundraising director that he is coming to sc for a private dinner. I will give the max then.

plopolp
10-14-2007, 07:52 PM
Q2 had 8,500 unique donators. Q3 had 17,500 new unique donators (plus repeat donators from Q2). In total only 26,000 have donated the 7.5 millions up till end of Q3.

So there is HUGE potential to increase the number of donators. The 430,000 who voted for Ron Paul in 1988 should not be too difficult to convince since they know Ron Paul since 20 years. They would increase the number of donators 15 times if they joined in...

"How much would you save if the IRS was abolished? If you invested $100 in making that happen, what would be your return on investment after say 10 years?"

Roxi
10-14-2007, 08:31 PM

tell them the tulsa meetup group could use some materials :D

mtmedlin
10-14-2007, 10:32 PM
4000 people on this board max out at $2300 it equals $9.2 mill.
Some are poor (me) but Credit Cards can be paid over time.

ronpaulyourmom
10-14-2007, 10:37 PM

If you're not going to be maxing out this quarter, why don't you just ask them if they wanna buy you lunch? :rolleyes:

LibertyEagle
10-14-2007, 10:38 PM
Where is everyone else at??

My donation is maxed out. Much to my financial dismay.

Jojo
10-14-2007, 10:42 PM
Seeing that fundraising more than doubled each quarter and the last was over 5 mil, 12 million is a realistic goal that the campaign has set. Let's have faith. And donathe!:)

anotherone
10-14-2007, 11:10 PM
I thought about not donating as I work in academic biomedical research, and we receive over 50% of our funding from the NIH (federal funds). I'm sure people at my work would not understand my support of Ron Paul (I don't discuss politics on the job), but I do know that my name is on the FEC lists and on ronpaulgraphs.com

Oh well. I really don't care at the end of the day. Seriously, people who are paranoid about government takeover need to think of their children and grandchildren: DONATE.

Nathan Hale
10-16-2007, 07:53 AM

Want to donate more? Donate to one of the chip-ins for advertising buys in NH. Early primary states need your money for focused advertising efforts.

jmdrake
10-16-2007, 08:19 AM

Ask them to buy stuff from your meetups at a markup. As long as the markup is reasonable this is totally acceptable. Let's say you sell yard signs with a $2.00 markup. If each of these 20 people by 5 yard signs that's $200 that can be donated to the campaign. Plus you have 100 yard signs going up!

Original_Intent
10-16-2007, 08:28 AM

December may be better for fundraising than we think. I think a lot of us are going to ask that all of our "gifts" be donations to ron's campaign. Also a lot of people get Christmas bonuses, year-end bonuses etc which I am planning 100% of my Christmas bonus is going to Ron.

If we can get some crazy momentum going the last half of December like we did end of Q3, it will generate excitement and people will dig deep and give until it hurts and then give some more in December.

As many have already pointed out, the real key is to get some new donaters - lots of them!

kylejack
10-16-2007, 08:29 AM
I think you'd be real hard-pressed to find a campaign that did well in December. Even Howard Dean, the master of internet fund-raising, likely didn't do too well in December. I'll cross my fingers, but I'm not real optimistic on that.

mtmedlin
10-16-2007, 09:09 AM

Then give to a PAC who can give up to $5000 to the campaign. Yes, its a one time thing but there are at least a dozen PACs that I have heard of.

Sematary
10-16-2007, 09:10 AM

Ask people to donate to Ron in lieu of other gifts.