PDA

View Full Version : The Official "Why I Like Ron Paul Thread"

RonPaul4President
06-07-2007, 09:14 PM
I just watched a RP interview where he says that his staff tells him "it is your message" that gets him so much support. Let's let RP know why we like him.

I'll start off with:
1. He respects the Constitution
2. He is against corruption in government
3. He is for a small government that doesn't interfere with people's lives
4. He believes the president should not dictate to the people, but instead, serve the people. Hear that George?

mtbaird5687
06-07-2007, 09:20 PM
He tells the truth and doesn't dodge question.

JoshLowry
06-07-2007, 09:22 PM
He will protect my privacy.

randolphus maximus
06-07-2007, 09:34 PM
He speaks honestly about is positions and he's not a flipflopper.

He's genuine and will not do anything that goes against the Constitution. EVER

He's a free market guy.

His granddaughters are smokin!!! I intend no disrespect whatsoever with this, but even my girlfriend says that he has a beautiful family. Let's call a spade a spade.;)

X_805
06-07-2007, 09:38 PM
His granddaughters are smokin!!! I intend no disrespect whatsoever with this, but even my girlfriend says that he has a beautiful family. Let's call a spade a spade.;)

Wow. You're right. I didn't know that until now. That man has some good genes.

lucky
06-07-2007, 09:49 PM
Honest and sincere.

deborak
06-08-2007, 06:21 AM
He attacks policies, not people.
He defends our supreme right to our own property.

Therion
06-08-2007, 06:23 AM
He's libertarian... enough.

mdh
06-08-2007, 07:14 AM
Because US citizens are afraid of their government, and that's tyranny.

Revolution9
06-08-2007, 07:24 AM
He is the classical archetypal Statesman of The People. He is not slick and polished. He just is. When asked questions he stumbles a bit but not for the same reasons his opponents do. His opponents stumble because they are dredging up the talking point from the depths of the mud between their ears. Ron is obviously going through an entire catalog of knowledge on the subject and making his statements on the fly based on his knowledge and filtered through his philosophy. He makes short and sweet soundbytes that do not sound like soundbytes. He can say four times or more as much as his opponents given one quarter the time.

He delivers babies..not takes them out of the life cycle. He makes total sense when speaking. He is 100% human. His wife looks like a nice Amercian apple pie Grandma and not some society tart. He sewed people together while in military service..not ripped them to pieces with hot metal.

Mostly.. He will allow me my freedom and the ability to remind flaw reinforcement to back off..they are my servant..not my master..under The Constitution...

Best Regards
randy

Delivered4000
06-08-2007, 07:26 AM
He is the re-incarnation of Thomas Jefferson

rockjoa
06-08-2007, 07:29 AM
Instead of fighting wars he wants our country to spread its ideas by setting a good example.

DjLoTi
06-08-2007, 07:46 AM
He wants to end the drug war.

You can say what you want about this, but marijuana is a part of my life. It's a part of my religion. It helps me focus and helps me think about complicated concepts.

I took addaral for about 6 months as a kid. That drug is insanely strong and dangerous. It probalby hurt my general development and prevented certain growth in areas of creativity and personal/spiritual growth.

I've been to Amsterdam, and people over there are not trippin about marijuana. People do not walk around going crazy. Sorry, if you disagree with my view, that's fine.

But the truth is, it's healthier then alcohol (my family was alcoholics) and tobacco, and I really like women who also smoke pot. It's myyy lifeee...

BTW .. This topic should be a sticky ;-)

Delivered4000
06-08-2007, 07:52 AM

You can say what you want about this, but marijuana is a part of my life. It's a part of my religion. It helps me focus and helps me think about complicated concepts.

I took addaral for about 6 months as a kid. That drug is insanely strong and dangerous. It probalby hurt my general development and prevented certain growth in areas of creativity and personal/spiritual growth.

I've been to Amsterdam, and people over there are not trippin about marijuana. People do not walk around going crazy. Sorry, if you disagree with my view, that's fine.

But the truth is, it's healthier then alcohol (my family was alcoholics) and tobacco, and I really like women who also smoke pot. It's myyy lifeee...

BTW .. This topic should be a sticky ;-)
Why'd they give you adderal when you were a kid? How old were you?

DjLoTi
06-08-2007, 08:02 AM
They said I had ADHD. I was 11-12. What really happened is that since I was raised by a single mother who was also an alcoholic, I didn't get any attention, and strived for it in other places, such as the classroom.

Also, I was born left-handed, but taught to write right-handed, so I had many difficulties writing, and therefore was not interested in school. I should have gone to a gifted school. Instead, they gave me hard and dangerous drugs and told me to conform.

johngr
06-08-2007, 08:11 AM
I don't like him merely because he tells the truth -- if any of the other poseurs from either party told the truth, I'd probably like them even less (except for Gravel, maybe). I like him because he doesn't have to lie. He's the only one who if he tells the truth, it actually strengthens him politically. And he knows that and uses that. If any of the others told the truth (without euphemism or dysphemism) he'd be finished politically.

Nathan Pannbacker
06-08-2007, 08:15 AM
I like him because I trust that should he be elected he will dismantle the elements of the state that may hold potential for abuse. He will rend our government of the power to oppress the people - and he's even willing to advocate things which may be unpopular or risky in order to do it. This man typifies the choice of liberty over safety, the exact choice on which the Revolutionary war was fought.

cujothekitten
06-08-2007, 08:24 AM
He's not in the pocket of Pat Roberson
He's a moral man but he won't force me to obey is morals
He'll respect my privacy and beliefs
He's been against the war since day one
He follows the constitution
He wants to end the drug war
He's the only one I feel can bring us together instead of rip us apart
He wants to get rid of the patriot act and department of homeland security

cujothekitten
06-08-2007, 08:36 AM

You know what same here. I'm a 31-year-old businesswoman that was diagnosed with ADD when I was a child. About 10 years ago I stopped taking addaral (which I was practically addicted to) because I felt it was doing more harm than good. About 3 years ago I started to smoke marijuana to help me sleep at night (I also have insomnia) and noticed I could actually concentrate on things.

I know many of the studies have shown that marijuana can actually damage your concentration but I've noticed the opposite affect when it comes to my ADD. I wish people would understand that there are respectable people that could really benefit from the drug. I'm not some high school stoner; I'm a grown woman that runs her own business. I'm a productive member of society but that isn't good enough because I inhale smoke from a natural plant that makes me have a chemical reaction in my brain.

DjLoTi
06-08-2007, 08:42 AM
I would also like to add that Ron Paul is not a bought politician!! That's a big one for me ;)

As for the war against drugs (we should really rename it the war against weed... lets be real here lol), it's going to end eventually. It's not if, but when. The government can only hold back science for so long. Medical marijuana has way too much scientific information and respectable doctors advocating it. It's just a fact.

It's not a war on drugs, it's a war on weed. It's going to be legalized eventually. 13 states already have it medically legal. So... I don't think this is something that could successfully slander RPs campaign by any means. I think it could actually help it quite a bit.

mdh
06-08-2007, 08:49 AM
I would also like to add that Ron Paul is not a bought politician!! That's a big one for me ;)

As for the war against drugs (we should really rename it the war against weed... lets be real here lol), it's going to end eventually. It's not if, but when. The government can only hold back science for so long. Medical marijuana has way too much scientific information and respectable doctors advocating it. It's just a fact.

It's not a war on drugs, it's a war on weed. It's going to be legalized eventually. 13 states already have it medically legal. So... I don't think this is something that could successfully slander RPs campaign by any means. I think it could actually help it quite a bit.

I disagree, the war on drugs has had terrible consequences for people using all sorts of criminalized drugs. Tobacco's next, folks. First they overtax it, then they license it (remember the marijuana licenses of the early 20th century?), then they illegalize it, then they criminalize it. Unless we can change the direction this nation's heading, tobacco will become a crime for which you will go to jail within the next 30 years.

DjLoTi
06-08-2007, 08:53 AM
I just think there's too much money with the tobacco companies, and the addiction is too powerful to illegalize tobacco.

Marijuana, however, can be grown in your own home, and is not as addictive, therefore does not pose as an extreme profit potential by having a centralized source to produce and sell marijuana.

But I don't want to turn this into the drug thread. This is the why we love RP thread.

I would also like to add that RP is the most honest, realistic, and intelligent person I have ever seen in any presidential election in my lifetime. :)

specsaregood
06-08-2007, 08:54 AM
For those that think this Revolution is just a bunch of young kid internet spammers....

This 82yr old lady says it all...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ubiJNkx6uo

"You are going to be laughing upside your head if you don't watch it..." LOL

RonPaul4President
06-08-2007, 08:57 AM
He will protect my privacy.

That is a big issue for me as well. I hope there will be a lot of LE personnel that will be dishonorably discharged(as in their career is over and they are humiliated and disgraced) for their covert actions against law-abiding citizens.

qednick
06-08-2007, 09:35 AM
I just think there's too much money with the tobacco companies, and the addiction is too powerful to illegalize tobacco.

That's what I used to think but they're trying pretty dang hard in Great Britain right now. They're having a total ban on smoking in public places as of July 1st and they're having "undercover" smoking "snoops" with cameras to catch culprits and give them tickets. Crazy!

Also, now they've got their eyes on alcohol.

:eek:

Carbine556
06-08-2007, 10:11 AM
I am pretty much a single issue voter. I follow gun rights more than any other issue for the most part. I like Ron Paul because he is a Constitutionalist, and anyone that is a Constitutionalist can't be bad for gun rights. He also wouldn't be bad for any of our other rights either.

I happen to love my country. A Presidential candidate who simply wants to restore what makes my country great and respected and admired again is who I'm going to vote for. You don't have to beat up everyone in town to have the respect of your neighbors.

Ron Paul is my hero. There isn't a candidate for President that has the moral authority to even be on the same stage as Ron Paul, let alone debating him. Our "free" country is sick, Dr. Paul has the cure.:)

JoshLowry
06-08-2007, 10:13 AM
I am pretty much a single issue voter. I follow gun rights more than any other issue for the most part. I like Ron Paul because he is a Constitutionalist, and anyone that is a Constitutionalist can't be bad for gun rights. He also wouldn't be bad for any of our other rights either.

I happen to love my country. A Presidential candidate who simply wants to restore what makes my country great and respected and admired again is who I'm going to vote for. You don't have to beat up everyone in town to have the respect of your neighbors.

Ron Paul is my hero. There isn't a candidate for President that has the moral authority to even be on the same stage as Ron Paul, let alone debating him. Our "free" country is sick, Dr. Paul has the cure.:)

Haha, I was just about to mention that no one had said anything about him protecting our precious gun rights. :D

qednick
06-08-2007, 10:20 AM

Yeah that's a big issue for me too. I've experienced first hand the ban in the UK and it's after effects (massive crime increases). It's a pity that many 2nd amendment rights orgs are touting Fred Thompson as their saviour despite RP's flawless record on this issue. Any member of CFR is ULTIMATELY not gun-rights friendly.

1k9
06-08-2007, 10:39 AM
I pretty much agree with all the comments here, so I'll add one that I haven't seen.

For the first time in any election cycle, I feel as if I matter. It matters that I spread the word, it matters that I donate money, and if I do this, I just may get the rewards of my hard work.