PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul still not invited to Values Voter Summit

rp08orbust
07-01-2010, 11:15 PM
There hasn't been any discussion of the Values Voter Summit since I last brought it up in April. Not surprisingly, Ron Paul still hasn't been invited to speak: http://www.valuesvotersummit.org/

We need to get Ron Paul invited so that he can defeat the 2012 frontrunner, Mike Huckabee, on his home turf in the straw poll, which Mike has easily won for the last few years.

We also need to persuade Ron Paul and Campaign for Liberty to accept the invitation if they are invited.

rp08orbust
07-01-2010, 11:17 PM
Heck, they should invite Rand Paul too. (They've invited Marco Rubio.)

rp08orbust
07-01-2010, 11:26 PM
I just sent the Family Research Council this message:

Your Inquiry
RE: Other
Subject: Values Voter Summit
Inquiry: Can you invite Ron Paul to speak at the Values Voter Summit? I'd love to hear him speak on how the long wars in Afghanistan and Iraq have affected the families of veterans.

DjLoTi
07-01-2010, 11:29 PM
We should start an email drive. I'll send 1 tomorrow. I *gots* to sleep now lol.. =P

BuddyRey
07-02-2010, 03:47 AM
Time for an email bomb?

djdellisanti4
07-02-2010, 08:34 AM
I'm sending one... or two... idk, depends on how many e-mail addresses I have.

EDIT: How do i contact them?

RCA
07-02-2010, 08:40 AM
How do you find someone with more family values than Ron Paul?

EDIT: They invited Tim Tebow and his mom, but not Ron Paul!?!?

libertybrewcity
07-02-2010, 08:43 AM
i don't think ron fits this. would he vote for a ban on gay marriage?

specsaregood
07-02-2010, 08:48 AM
i don't think ron fits this.
His personal life fits and his philosophy fits when people are propertly educated. The value voters that recognize this like Dr. Paul.

would he vote for a ban on gay marriage?
No, he would be more likely to vote to get the filth that are the greasy fingers of the government out of the business of what was a religious institution.

MRoCkEd
07-02-2010, 08:49 AM
"It is forbidden to kill; therefore murderers are punished unless they kill in large numbers and to the sound of trumpets."

LibertyEagle
07-02-2010, 08:50 AM
Most of the people at this summit, seem to believe in using federal government force to impose their values. They don't seem to care about the Constitution, sadly enough. :(

I do hold some hope for them, but they're going to have an awakening about what they are doing and how their own actions are causing the very growth in government that they say they hate.

specsaregood
07-02-2010, 08:54 AM
I do hold some hope for them, but they're going to have an awakening about what they are doing and how their own actions are causing the very growth in government that they say they hate.

If anybody can make them realize that by pushing for big government, they are bound to be ruled by the social values of california and new york, it is dr. paul.

ChaosControl
07-02-2010, 08:55 AM
He has been married for longer than most of us have been alive. He is pro-life. He doesn't cheat. He has been a good family man. He is the epitome of family values in action as opposed to just pointless rhetoric. Him not being invited is a disgrace to the term "family values".

MRoCkEd
07-02-2010, 08:57 AM
He has been married for longer than most of us have been alive. He is pro-life. He doesn't cheat. He has been a good family man. He is the epitome of family values in action as opposed to just pointless rhetoric. Him not being invited is a disgrace to the term "family values".
We should all praise Newt Gingrich for his three traditional marriages.

specsaregood
07-02-2010, 09:00 AM

If one "traditional marriage" is good, then having 3 means he is exceptionally value-oriented? :)

djdellisanti4
07-02-2010, 09:05 AM
Someone at Campaign for liberty should buy one of the booths. http://www.valuesvotersummit.org/exhibitors

payme_rick
07-02-2010, 09:10 AM
He doesn't cheat. ".

I dunno, he was throwing pebbles at my window last night...

LibertyEagle
07-02-2010, 09:11 AM

lolol

freshjiva
07-02-2010, 09:14 AM

+1. Haha, I literally laughed out loud when I read your comment.

It's true. If there is anyone in Congress today that represents traditional family values, its Ron Paul. Happily married for 40+ years, proud father, grandfather, and now, great grandfather.

The Paul family also seems to have great family unity. I believe Ron and Carol are building a new house in Texas big enough to accommodate family reunions! How many people are there left today that have such family unity?

specsaregood
07-02-2010, 09:17 AM
The Paul family also seems to have great family unity. I believe Ron and Carol are building a new house in Texas big enough to accommodate family reunions! How many people are there left today that have such family unity?
Hopefully to be renamed in the future, "the little whitehouse".....

LisaNY
07-02-2010, 09:17 AM
I've never participated in a protest before, but I would be willing to do so if he isn't invited. Right in front of the place while it is happening. I'll drive own from NY if anyone else is interested.

specsaregood
07-02-2010, 09:24 AM
I've never participated in a protest before, but I would be willing to do so if he isn't invited. Right in front of the place while it is happening. I'll drive own from NY if anyone else is interested.

That isn't the correct solution to even start planning for. People planning on attending need to start requesting Dr. Paul come to speak. A C4L booth would not hurt either. It worked for the SRLC, should work well enough here. There are enough.

I see it is located in DC this year and booths don't seem too expensive. hopefully somebody at the C4L looks into getting a booth.

libertybrewcity
07-02-2010, 09:47 AM
Most of the people at this summit, seem to believe in using federal government force to impose their values. They don't seem to care about the Constitution, sadly enough. :(

yes. unfortunately this seems to be true. their first value on the website is protection of marriage. ron paul will likely not be invited.

specsaregood
07-02-2010, 09:59 AM
yes. unfortunately this seems to be true. their first value on the website is protection of marriage. ron paul will likely not be invited.

No, No, No. You have to look at it differently. You assume that they think the only solution is to ban "gay marriage". They just need to be educated that there are other solutions to "save marriage".

Lets look at all the issues and how Dr. Paul fits in.

1. Protect Marriage -- get governments filthy hands out of marriage. once you accept that marriage is a government instutition you find yourself at the mercy of big blue states deciding what "marriage" is. Take "marriage" back away from the corrupt government.

2. Champion Life -- no argument, Dr. Paul leads the way on this issue.

3. Strengthen the Military -- once again just a different viewpoint. dr. Paul has gotten many awards from veterans associations, always supports the vets and is for a strong military. He just stresses that our military was not intended to be for nation building and such activities weakens our military and stretches it thin. The end of DADT vote, was in actuality a vote to allow the military to decide for themselves when they can end it.

4. Limit Government -- no argument, Dr. Paul leads the way on this issue.

5. Control Spending -- no argument, Dr. Paul leads the way on this issue. (taxpayers best friend, 10years in a row at least)

6. Defend Our Freedoms -- no argument, Dr. Paul leads the way on this issue. In fact I think many conservatives that disagreed with him previously now recognize what he was talking about now that their "enemy" is in power.

If we want him invited, they will. It just means that many of his supporters need to plan on attending.

silentshout
07-02-2010, 10:03 AM

Because the people involved in this summit don't care about personal values...it's all about the state forcing things on others. This is why they are fine with Newt being there. Honestly, it's a plus in my book for him not to be at this summit, but i don't come here from the right so that's why. I can see why it's a problem, though, for getting the GOP nomination, and thats sad. They should be focusing on fiscal issues right now, not these cultural "issues."

This kind of stuff is what turned me off to the GOP on the first place.

specsaregood
07-02-2010, 10:11 AM
Because the people involved in this summit don't care about personal values...it's all about the state forcing things on others.

Sure some, but NOT all. Some just want to be able to live by their own morals and feel like they are being forced to live by others morals and thus they fight back using the same tactics as those trying to impose their morals upon them (big government). Teaching them that is the wrong solution is THE battle. We must teach them that reducing the government is the correct solution. But they have been taught by "conservative" leaders that using the government is the only solution.

This is why they are fine with Newt being there. Honestly, it's a plus in my book for him not to be at this summit, but i don't come here from the right so that's why.

You can't win a philosophical war by avoiding the debate. Avoiding it is conceding the ground to those pushing for big government.

I can see why it's a problem, though, for getting the GOP nomination, and thats sad. They should be focusing on fiscal issues right now, not these cultural "issues."

They are inexplicably linked together. Once they get it, they will be on our side.

fisharmor
07-02-2010, 10:53 AM
Because the people involved in this summit don't care about personal values...it's all about the state forcing things on others. This is why they are fine with Newt being there. Honestly, it's a plus in my book for him not to be at this summit, but i don't come here from the right so that's why. I can see why it's a problem, though, for getting the GOP nomination, and thats sad. They should be focusing on fiscal issues right now, not these cultural "issues."

This kind of stuff is what turned me off to the GOP on the first place.

I agree with this, and I came from the right.

The important thing is that neither of us is still in the place where we came from.

The question is how we get the mouth-breathers attending this summit to leave their comfort zone like we did. If RP addressing them will help that happen, I'm for it. Otherwise it's a waste of breath.

Fox McCloud
07-02-2010, 11:27 AM
Protect Marriage • Champion Life • Strengthen the Military • Limit Government
Control Spending • Defend Our Freedoms

(emphasis added)

Is anyone else seeing an out and out contraction here? =p

Government can't protect marriage, nor should it attempt to do so; it should just get out of the freakin' way.

sadly, I don't think many of these individuals truly understand that one can be opposed to things like gay marriage, immoral lifestyles, etc, and yet not force this on other people--persuasion is a tool that should be employed at all times--force is not.

specsaregood
07-02-2010, 11:29 AM
Is anyone else seeing an out and out contraction here? =p

Nope, not seeing it.

Government can't protect marriage, nor should it attempt to do so; it should just get out of the freakin' way.
Sure it can. It can protect the right of people to form contracts and enforce them and protect their right to freedom of religious expression.

HOLLYWOOD
07-02-2010, 11:29 AM
Funny... The so-call "Values Voter Summit" invite some of the most; conniving, sleazy, and deviant Republicans in the GOP!

This has to be the most hypocritical bunch of Old GOP Rinos and Ignorant Fools combo summit.

YEAH here's a REAL VALUES SCUMBAG: :rolleyes:
http://i533.photobucket.com/albums/ee332/McLieberman/Manchurian_Mitt_Romney.png

Original_Intent
07-02-2010, 11:34 AM
Yes and the Values Voters leadership exhibit the same problem as the GOP leadership, the Democrat leadership, virtually ALL leadership.

They have built up a power base and they are willing to abandon their founding principles in order to maintain that power. The leaders have influence and will nto support anyone that will speak truth to power and thus threaten their authority.

That is why Ron Paul does not draw any support from anyone other than those who claim their authority as an inherent right and do not wish to exert that authority over others. Ron Paul will never draw support form authoritarians, regardless of if they are religious authoritarians or secular authoritarians or anti war authoritarians or economic authoritarians.

Janet Porter seems like a nice and decent person, from all I have seen, but she is completely blind to her own contribution to the existing power structure. She just knows she is right and therefore it is important to keep herself in a position where her "correct" voice can be heard and influence outcomes.

South Park Fan
07-02-2010, 11:47 AM
Could we just do what the Romneyites did at SRLC by crashing the event and voting for Ron Paul even though he didn't attend?

Flash
07-02-2010, 01:05 PM
I can't find out how to contact these people.

Knightskye
07-02-2010, 01:32 PM
"It is forbidden to kill; therefore murderers are punished unless they kill in large numbers and to the sound of trumpets."

Damn, that sounds as anti-war as Justin Raimondo.

dr. hfn
07-02-2010, 01:36 PM
email sent