PDA

View Full Version : This is how you beat them at their own game!!

TheTyke
07-01-2010, 10:27 PM
For the first time since the media started going all out against Rand Paul, I went to hear him speak at a Tea Party in Shepherdsville, KY. It's not a big town by any stretch of the imagination, so I was utterly shocked to see 300-400 people there.

A friend informed me that he had run out of Rand Paul signs to give out, so I got my box out of the car and attempted to get them to him. I didn't even make it a third of the way through the park before I was MOBBED by people wanting signs... In less than 2 minutes, the box was stripped of all signs and bumper stickers, and people were still clamoring for more! The shortage was eventually remedied by an unlikely ally, when the local Republican Party drove up with a pickup truck filled with Rand Paul signs to meet the demand.

Two years ago, when we were the outcasts in the Republican Party and shut out of the conventions, no one could have imagined such a sight. Even before the primary, I was never witness to such unrestrained enthusiasm for Rand. There is a growing force looking for a way to take their country back starting in November, and in Kentucky, Rand has become the standard-bearer.

But surely among the vast legions of the tea party, there are many who don't think highly of Ron Paul, who disagree with us on foreign policy? Surely, the tea party idea has been "hijacked" by Fox News, Beck and Palin? Surely, to win their support, Rand hasn't spoken as forcefully as his father on some of our favorite issues? To be sure, now we've seen how any honest discussion of the issues can be twisted into weeks worth of out of context attacks by the media. Cautious speech then, is not only prudent, but should be expected of any candidate seriously trying to get elected.

But after Rand, the state coordinator for Campaign for Liberty spoke, and then Ron Paul's state coordinator from 2008 (who was representing Take Back Kentucky.) Both spoke glowingly of Ron Paul, and his role in inspiring them in political action. They were well received by the crowd, and I could already feel the glorious rumblings of a presidential campaign for 2012 - its ranks and enthusiasm exponentially swelled by a populace slowly awakening to liberty.

Thanks to Rand, we now have hundreds of thousands more people receptive to the message of liberty in KY, and possibly millions across the country. Our speakers now had the platform and standing to hit several topics hard and inform voters on topics such as the DISCLOSE Act and the legalization of industrial hemp. The energy of Kentucky's Tea Parties is not being channeled into blind support of the Republican Party as perhaps Fox & friends planned, but into electing our people to office, and fighting for state's rights, auditing the Fed etc. But it only happened because Rand and these heroic activists stuck it out and became leaders in this movement. And with every victory, our voices will be amplified that much louder... That's why Rand has become Target #1, and helping him win (http://www.randpaul2010.com/donate) is one of the most effective things we can do for liberty.

So if you want to build the largest constitutional movement in history, don't pick up your ball and go home, complaining you're "being hijacked"... pick up the bat, knock a few out of the park, and beat them at their own game!

tremendoustie
07-01-2010, 10:32 PM
It's great to hear this :)

We are winning, slowly but surely. And once a person wakes up to liberty, they don't go back to sleep.

Kotin
07-01-2010, 10:37 PM
Thanks for posting this!

TheDriver
07-01-2010, 11:04 PM
For the first time since the media started going all out against Rand Paul, I went to hear him speak at a Tea Party in Shepherdsville, KY. It's not a big town by any stretch of the imagination, so I was utterly shocked to see 300-400 people there.

A friend informed me that he had run out of Rand Paul signs to give out, so I got my box out of the car and attempted to get them to him. I didn't even make it a third of the way through the park before I was MOBBED by people wanting signs... In less than 2 minutes, the box was stripped of all signs and bumper stickers, and people were still clamoring for more! The shortage was eventually remedied by an unlikely ally, when the local Republican Party drove up with a pickup truck filled with Rand Paul signs to meet the demand.

Two years ago, when we were the outcasts in the Republican Party and shut out of the conventions, no one could have imagined such a sight. Even before the primary, I was never witness to such unrestrained enthusiasm for Rand. There is a growing force looking for a way to take their country back starting in November, and in Kentucky, Rand has become the standard-bearer.

But surely among the vast legions of the tea party, there are many who don't think highly of Ron Paul, who disagree with us on foreign policy? Surely, the tea party idea has been "hijacked" by Fox News, Beck and Palin? Surely, to win their support, Rand hasn't spoken as forcefully as his father on some of our favorite issues? To be sure, now we've seen how any honest discussion of the issues can be twisted into weeks worth of out of context attacks by the media. Cautious speech then, is not only prudent, but should be expected of any candidate seriously trying to get elected.

But after Rand, the state coordinator for Campaign for Liberty spoke, and then Ron Paul's state coordinator from 2008 (who was representing Take Back Kentucky.) Both spoke glowing of Ron Paul, and his role in inspiring them in political action. They were well received by the crowd, and I could already feel the glorious rumblings of a presidential campaign for 2012 - its ranks and enthusiasm exponentially swelled by a populace slowly awakening to liberty.

Thanks to Rand, we now have hundreds of thousands more people receptive to the message of liberty in KY, and possibly millions across the country. Our speakers now had the platform and standing to hit several topics hard and inform voters on topics such as the DISCLOSE Act and the legalization of industrial hemp. The energy of Kentucky's Tea Parties is not being channeled into blind support of the Republican Party as perhaps Fox & friends planned, but into electing our people to office, and fighting for state's rights, auditing the Fed etc. But it only happened because Rand and these heroic activists stuck it out and became leaders in this movement. And with every victory, our voices will be amplified that much louder... That's why Rand has become Target #1, and helping him win (http://www.randpaul2010.com/donate) is one of the most effective things we can do for liberty.

So if you want to build the largest constitutional movement in history, don't pick up your ball and go home, complaining you're "being hijacked"... pick up the bat, knock a few out of the park, and beat them at their own game!

Sweet!

Media Zombie says, "Rome (http://www.courier-journal.com/article/20100701/NEWS01/7010365/Paul+likens+U.S.+to+Roman+Empire+in+days+before+it +fell)."

BamaFanNKy
07-01-2010, 11:12 PM
This looks like the events that litter the road to victory!
YouTube - Rocky II - Gonna Fly Now (Movie Version) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3FqnSJbcslg&feature=related)

low preference guy
07-02-2010, 05:54 AM
great post.

Cowlesy
07-02-2010, 07:07 AM
Best post I've read this week.

Thanks for sharing Tyke!

sailingaway
07-02-2010, 08:42 AM
I agree.

TheTyke
07-03-2010, 01:07 AM
Sweet!

Media Zombie says, "Rome (http://www.courier-journal.com/article/20100701/NEWS01/7010365/Paul+likens+U.S.+to+Roman+Empire+in+days+before+it +fell)."

Actually, I liked that article better than some... helped tie Conway to Obama for us. :)

devil21
07-03-2010, 01:16 AM
Great post!

This is related: http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=251775

USA TODAY poll says 3 in 10 Americans now call themselves Tea Party supporters. 1/4 of them are minorities.

Philhelm
07-03-2010, 02:06 AM
We are winning, slowly but surely. And once a person wakes up to liberty, they don't go back to sleep.

+1984...or 1776 even.