PDA

View Full Version : Start rallying at the entrances of news stations

jj111
10-14-2007, 03:18 PM
One of the other users wrote this:

"I'd say it's time to start rallying at the entrances of news stations and their employee parking lots."

Sounds like a great idea to me. What about you?

hopeforamerica
10-14-2007, 03:26 PM
We did it. They came out and filmed us and then it never aired. The media loves to ignore us in Phoenix.

jj111
10-14-2007, 03:28 PM
I suppose the big rallies of 1000 or 2000 that Ron Paul gets now would not fit onto the sidewalk at the entrance of a news station. May be too impractical.

thehittgirl
10-14-2007, 03:28 PM
We did it. They came out and filmed us and then it never aired. The media loves to ignore us in Phoenix.

The snarky wise arse in me says to do it in shifts til something gets in the news.

mavtek
10-14-2007, 03:29 PM
Do it during the live broadcast.

hopeforamerica
10-14-2007, 03:34 PM
Well, there was one beautiful moment. We had a rare rainy day here, and they showed the weather outside and guess what was in the background. A lovely Ron Paul banner for 2008! hahaha!

Roxi
10-14-2007, 03:41 PM
heres about 30 of us in front of the news station rallying, they didn't come out... so we made a video and packaged it nicely with a press release and slim jim, hand delivered to all 5 news stations and no one picked it up.

http://img220.imageshack.us/img220/886/111111111jq2.jpg

brandon
10-14-2007, 04:08 PM
We are going to have to win this election without the old media. They are not going to help us. We dont need them though, lets show them just how outdated they are.

kylejack
10-14-2007, 04:17 PM
This should generally not be necessary. Just call them ahead of time when you're going to be having a rally and also write up a press release to send them. This stuff is not being done, and the media isn't psychic. It was done in Chicago, and lo and behold we get media coverage in Chicago and New York.

Scribbler de Stebbing
10-14-2007, 04:23 PM
People, are you actually doing things to increase Ron Paul's poll numbers as well?

The BEST way to get him on the news is to turn people out to the primaries and caucuses this coming winter.

Are you spending as much time talking to neighbors and dropping literature door-to-door as you have standing on a sidewalk in front of a business that will never support our candidate?

Roxi
10-14-2007, 04:24 PM
This should generally not be necessary. Just call them ahead of time when you're going to be having a rally and also write up a press release to send them. This stuff is not being done, and the media isn't psychic. It was done in Chicago, and lo and behold we get media coverage in Chicago and New York.

did you read what i wrote, we made an edited video, wrote an awesome press release put it in an envelope and HANDED IT TO THEM ON A SILVER PLATTER.. not just one station but 5!

not only that but one of the major anchors at one station actually likes ron paul

it could not have been ANY easier for them to run a 3 minute segment. the weekends are ran by a skeleton crew in most stations and its usually pretty slow, unless something major happened (which it didnt, we had all the stations manned at news time) they should have ate this story up. but they didn't they are idiots, i don't know what the deal is.

and u can't possibly tell me theres not something up with RON PAUL himself and a rally of 1000 people 2 blocks from a news station that was PRE informed with the event NOT BEING COVERED. im not claiming conspiracy or anything here but what the hell?

Scribbler de Stebbing
10-14-2007, 04:55 PM
People, are you actually doing things to increase Ron Paul's poll numbers as well?

The BEST way to get him on the news is to turn people out to the primaries and caucuses this coming winter.

Are you spending as much time talking to neighbors and dropping literature door-to-door as you have standing on a sidewalk in front of a business that will never support our candidate?

Chirp . . . chirp . . . chirp.

I'll take that as a big "No, who cares if Ron Paul gets elected as long as we're having fun with signs!"

kylejack
10-14-2007, 05:03 PM
Roxic, I read what you wrote, but I doubt you read what I wrote. I said generally for a reason. Obviously there will be exceptions. You also had maybe two dozen from the videos I saw, which is a far cry from the 800 people organizing in New Hampshire. I remain confident that they will cover 800 people if we contact them.

kylejack
10-14-2007, 05:10 PM
Scribbler, that strikes me as a pretty offensive tone to take. Name recognition is extremely important, and many have never heard of Ron Paul. I pass out slimjims door to door all the time.

Scribbler de Stebbing
10-14-2007, 05:16 PM
Scribbler, that strikes me as a pretty offensive tone to take. Name recognition is extremely important, and many have never heard of Ron Paul. I pass out slimjims door to door all the time.

That's what I was asking. Are you all doing the lit as well? The silence lay heavy on my heart. Thank you for confirming that you are doing the more important work of actually getting something into people's hands to tell them ABOUT Ron Paul.

Personally, I would never vote for a guy just because I saw his name on a sign. In fact, voters never change their vote based on a sign. Just the facts. Let's do what is actually going to get Ron Paul elected.

Drknows
10-14-2007, 05:17 PM
Whatever you do don't do this :D
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tWdgAMYjYSs

Adamsa
10-14-2007, 05:19 PM
Thats just scary.

Bradley in DC
10-14-2007, 05:21 PM

Bravo. In politics generally, there are things that are either fun or productive.

thehittgirl
10-14-2007, 05:53 PM

Yes, to the point of obsession I was told.

thehittgirl
10-14-2007, 05:56 PM
That's what I was asking. Are you all doing the lit as well? The silence lay heavy on my heart. Thank you for confirming that you are doing the more important work of actually getting something into people's hands to tell them ABOUT Ron Paul.

Personally, I would never vote for a guy just because I saw his name on a sign. In fact, voters never change their vote based on a sign. Just the facts. Let's do what is actually going to get Ron Paul elected.

I wouldn't either. But signs help for people who have never heard about Ron. It was so nice to hear I saw the signs. I think seeing the signs got people wondering, like good first stage, you know? Then 2nd stage was at the flea market where I could talk. I got a compliment about how well we were working to spread the word. It came from a lady who saw us at the fair. I was smiling for a long time after that.

LibertyEagle
10-14-2007, 06:07 PM
I agree that signs are good as a first stage, but if we aren't at the second stage NOW, I don't know when we are going to be. The primaries start in a little over TWO months. If we do not get more than just his name out there, we are going to LOSE. Count on it. It is so sad too. Because if we would just do what you are doing, "thehittgirl" and making an obsession out of going door-to-door passing out campaign literature, we would very likely win. That, and hitting up every single gun show that is in our respective states. Low hanging fruit, don't you know? :)

I guess it all matters how much we want to win. If we want it, we're going to have to transition out of the sign-waving stage, pronto.

thehittgirl
10-14-2007, 06:16 PM
I agree that signs are good as a first stage, but if we aren't at the second stage NOW, I don't know when we are going to be. The primaries start in a little over TWO months. If we do not get more than just his name out there, we are going to LOSE. Count on it. It is so sad too. Because if we would just do what you are doing, "thehittgirl" and making an obsession out of going door-to-door passing out campaign literature, we would very likely win. That, and hitting up every single gun show that is in our respective states. Low hanging fruit, don't you know? :)

I guess it all matters how much we want to win. If we want it, we're going to have to transition out of the sign-waving stage, pronto.

Here in Hudson Valley NY, we're still in first stage I'm afraid :( . I am still getting so many "No, I've never heard of him." Although on a good note, there are a LOT more people that have heard of Ron Paul. We worked so hard, we hit all the area fairs, a few flea markets and festivals, so sometimes I wonder why so many who is Ron Paul?. I have to be reminded by hubby that a lot of people around here are either apathetic or depending on the government. We're trying to change that though.

hopeforamerica
10-14-2007, 06:29 PM

During our March we handed out tons of flyers and literature. We even talked to people. Go figure.

me3
10-14-2007, 06:39 PM
I think stage 1 is over. It's stage 2, all about generating enough money to maintain momentum and media attention. And actually finding people who will vote.

Time is getting short.