PDA

View Full Version : German man gets ratted out for having a banned ringtone...6 months in jail!

sofia
07-01-2010, 08:50 PM
rats on a train......

German man facing jail for having Hitler speech as his mobile ringtoneBy Mail Foreign Service
Last updated at 11:03 PM on 30th June 2010

A German man is facing up to six months in jail for having a speech by Adolf Hitler as his mobile phone ringtone.
The 54-year-old had a Hitler speech - in which the Fuhrer pledged the 'destruction of world Jewry' if Germany was 'dragged' into war - programmed into his Nokia phone.
Passengers aboard a train in Hamburg heard the bizarre ringtone several times during a journey and reported him to police who seized him when the train stopped.
When he was taken into custody, police also found swastika stickers and a photo of Hitler on the telephone with the words: 'The greatest commander of all time'.
He was charged with violating the German constitution which expressly forbids public displays of the Nazis and all their works.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/worldnews/article-1290900/Hitler-ring-tone-German-man-facing-months-jail.html#ixzz0sUQ6vZ92

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/worldnews/article-1290900/Hitler-ring-tone-German-man-facing-months-jail.html

freedoms-light
07-01-2010, 09:03 PM
They're always saying "Never forget" and now someone decides to keep the memory alive in the "killed virus" state of a mere ringtone in his phone and look what happens...

SLSteven
07-01-2010, 09:16 PM
Thankfully, we don't have to worry about such heavy handedness here in the land of the free.

Anti Federalist
07-01-2010, 09:21 PM
Thankfully, we don't have to worry about such heavy handedness here in the land of the free.

Agreed, citizen.

dannno
07-01-2010, 09:24 PM
trip.

specsaregood
07-01-2010, 09:27 PM

I thought the story was gonna be about copyright violations when I saw the title.

Did you hear that the department of homeland security is now enforcing copyright law in the US? heavy handed can't be far away. :)

catdd
07-01-2010, 09:49 PM
The ADL has a powerful influence in Germany from what I hear.

tangent4ronpaul
07-01-2010, 09:58 PM
Homeschooling is illegal in Germany too - though the country does have a lot going for it!

-t

Humanae Libertas
07-01-2010, 10:03 PM
I guess Germany hasn't learned from their mistakes.

SLSteven
07-01-2010, 10:12 PM
I guess Germany hasn't learned from their mistakes.

Rather than outlawing ringtones, perhaps they should outlaw homocidal politicians.

Promontorium
07-02-2010, 01:46 AM
Nobody likes hearing ringtones. In fact I saw just a few weeks ago a man was kicked off a bus in America for letting his phone ring repeatedly, he refused to get off and things escalated. That was just a regular song, apparantly with some profanity.

Considering how much ringtones suck, having to repeatedly listen to Hitler as a ringtone should probably be considered a form of torture.

MikeStanart
07-02-2010, 06:10 AM
Nobody likes hearing ringtones. In fact I saw just a few weeks ago a man was kicked off a bus in America for letting his phone ring repeatedly, he refused to get off and things escalated. That was just a regular song, apparantly with some profanity.

Considering how much ringtones suck, having to repeatedly listen to Hitler as a ringtone should probably be considered a form of torture.

Well with that logic I could say that Lady Gaga is committing mass torture on the population of earth and should therefore be put to death for her crimes against humanity.

Just saying, it all comes down to freedom.

Promontorium
07-08-2010, 12:43 PM
Well with that logic I could say that Lady Gaga is committing mass torture on the population of earth and should therefore be put to death for her crimes against humanity.

No I believe what you are "just saying" is that you have no sense of humor.

tremendoustie
07-08-2010, 12:53 PM
Oh, the irony. "We hate tyranny so much that if you use a ringtone that references the previous tyrannical regime, we'll throw you in jail!"

MelissaWV
07-08-2010, 12:53 PM

If you were trapped in a confined space with Lady Gaga playing over and over, and no means to avail yourself of her grating voice worming its way into your ears, I'd consider it torture, too.

Of course, there's a massive difference between saying something is awful, and saying the "offending" party should be arrested purely for having a certain ringtone.

Anti Federalist
07-08-2010, 01:07 PM
YouTube - "Weird Al" Yankovic - Ringtone (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a_c4aeVmND0)

Anti Federalist
07-08-2010, 01:09 PM
Oh, the irony. "We hate tyranny so much that if you use a ringtone that references the previous tyrannical regime, we'll throw you in jail!"

That almost made my head explode.

LOLing :D

RonPaulFanInGA
07-08-2010, 02:28 PM
Seems the Nazis haven't left.

phill4paul
07-08-2010, 03:01 PM
Agreed, citizen.

Citizen is the new "comrade?" :cool:

Gonna start greeting people that way and see what kind of response I get. :eek:

Another litmus test to see how fooked we truly are.;)

Slutter McGee
07-08-2010, 03:49 PM
Yeah, its ridiculous...but for some reason this seems like it belongs on stormfront. Germany has been doing this for years. Everyone knows it.

Sincerely,

Slutter McGee

nate895
07-08-2010, 04:00 PM

Well, maybe she should!

CCTelander
07-08-2010, 04:19 PM

Da comrade.

phill4paul
07-08-2010, 04:27 PM
Da comrade.

Naw. That's "old school." Refer to posts #4 and #19.

The correct response should be "Yes. Citizen.":D

CCTelander
07-08-2010, 04:28 PM
Naw. That's "old school." Refer to posts #4 and #19.

The correct response should be "Yes. Citizen.":D

Hey, in some things I guess I'm kind of old fashioned! :D

KCIndy
07-08-2010, 04:41 PM
I don't agree with tossing the guy in jail... but unless he's planning on legally challenging Germany's anti-Nazi laws, he was an effing idiot for having the speech on his phone in a country where such things are clearly illegal.

If he wanted to make an under-the-radar political statement, there are plenty of easier ways to do it. The cell phone speech might as well have been a "kick me" sign.

Zippyjuan
07-08-2010, 05:03 PM
I thought it might be cool to have a full volume air-raid siren as your ring tone.

JeNNiF00F00
07-08-2010, 05:08 PM

MelissaWV
07-08-2010, 05:09 PM
Someone at work used to have a cricket :(

Gross.

dannno
07-08-2010, 05:20 PM
Someone at work used to have a cricket :(

Gross.

Crickets noises are gross :confused:

MelissaWV
07-08-2010, 05:22 PM
Crickets noises are gross :confused:

I've never liked cricket noises, and crickets are pretty nasty. The sound is realistic, and the notion of a cricket being in a car or office or restaurant is not comforting. I asked her to change it.

http://www.cs4fn.org/biology/images/cricket.jpg

Liberty Star
07-08-2010, 05:50 PM
Freedom on the march.

CCTelander
07-08-2010, 05:58 PM
I was talking with a buddy of mine a littl while ago (Thesemindz, actually) and he opined that if a person had some inflamatory speech as a ring tone that was in Arabic or Farsi, and that person happened to get a cal, say, while at an airport, it's VERY likely that such a person would, in fact, be arrested right here in the land of the fee, er, I mean FREE. Would probably be charged with SOMETHING, as well.

Sadly, I couldn't disagree.

EDIT: Oh, I almost forgot. ... FREE THESEMINDZ!!!

phill4paul
07-08-2010, 06:03 PM
Any one got a ringtone for this...

YouTube - Kill Some White Crackers; Kill their Babies - Glenn Beck reports; Holder drops charges (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=APZ3-Lcbwmc)