PDA

View Full Version : Paul Campaign Raises Over $40,000 In First Day of Third Quarter

RonPaulFanInGA
07-01-2010, 06:12 PM
h ttp://bluegrasspolitics.bloginky.com/2010/07/01/campaign-says-rand-paul-raised-11-million-in-2nd-quarter/

Jesse Benton, Paul’s campaign manager, said the campaign is pleased with the quarterly results and said “the money continues to flow in.” The campaign received more than $40,000 in checks on Thursday to kick off the third quarter, he said.

The campaign also seems confident:

In the frenzied money race between the Republican and Democrat, Paul's campaign is making a bold prediction.

"The one number that you've gotten from us is more than you'll get from Rand's opponent," Adams told CNN.

"[Conway's] a guy who can write himself a check to makeup for the lack of confidence he's finding in the electorate," Adams said.

Conway's campaign press secretary Haley responded in a statement to CNN.

"In recent weeks, the discussion has been about Rand breaking a pledge not to accept money from bailout Senators, Rand's staunch support of BP and his out-of-the-mainstream ideas that Kentuckians can't afford – like abolishing scholarships for our children and subsidies for our farmers. This is just Rand Paul's desperate attempt to change the conversation," Haley said.

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2010/07/01/rand-paul-1-1-mil-fundraising-haul-the-best-one-yet/

TheDriver
07-01-2010, 06:30 PM
h ttp://bluegrasspolitics.bloginky.com/2010/07/01/campaign-says-rand-paul-raised-11-million-in-2nd-quarter/

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2010/07/01/rand-paul-1-1-mil-fundraising-haul-the-best-one-yet/

Conway's campaign press secretary Haley responded in a statement to CNN.

"In recent weeks, the discussion has been about Rand breaking a pledge not to accept money from bailout Senators, Rand's staunch support of BP and his out-of-the-mainstream ideas that Kentuckians can't afford – like abolishing scholarships for our children and subsidies for our farmers. This is just Rand Paul's desperate attempt to change the conversation," Haley said.

LOL... THis appears to be Allison's desperate attempt at changing the subject.... :D

I notice she didn't even come close to answering the question.

BamaFanNKy
07-01-2010, 06:30 PM
Meanwhile Conway's campaign won't return the AP's calls and tells the LHL they aren't saying how much they raised. HA!

RP Supporter
07-01-2010, 06:31 PM
Great news. The comments though... I was not aware CNN was such hostile territory. Most of them were accusing Rand and his supporters of being racists. It amazes me how most Liberals arguments consist of a few simple sound bites repeated ad nasuem and nothing more. Of course, "Conservatives" are little better.

It's very depressing, and I hope these people do not make up the majority of the nation. But hey, at least with Rand we can prove they don't make up the majority of Kentucky. ;)

anaconda
07-01-2010, 06:33 PM

Geez the comments posted were incredibly negative toward Rand Paul. Makes me think CNN manipulated the comments. Almost none in support of Rand.:mad:

RonPaulFanInGA
07-01-2010, 06:36 PM
Geez the comments posted were incredibly negative toward Rand Paul. Makes me think CNN manipulated the comments. Almost none in support of Rand.:mad:

It's CNN. It's populated by leftists. Next you'll tell me Daily Kos doesn't like Jim DeMint. ;)

BamaFanNKy
07-01-2010, 06:38 PM
Jesse has brought a spark to the campaign. Seems to be moving in the right direction. Not being funny either. I like the way this is moving.

*Grabspopcorntowatchheadsexplode*

Agorism
07-01-2010, 07:20 PM
They have to release Q2 in 30 days anyway.

rich34
07-01-2010, 07:58 PM
Jesse has brought a spark to the campaign. Seems to be moving in the right direction. Not being funny either. I like the way this is moving.

Sharpening up those skills for Ron's run in 2012 maybe? :)

Dreamofunity
07-01-2010, 09:34 PM
Adams should have mentioned Conway getting a lot of money from BP instead of the writing self a check thing.

anaconda
07-02-2010, 01:21 AM
It's CNN. It's populated by leftists. Next you'll tell me Daily Kos doesn't like Jim DeMint. ;)

It's just that Ron and Rand supporters seems to post everywhere and lots. It seems strange that there were not plenty of pro Rand comments. But your point is well taken. Thanks RonPaulFanInGA.

libertybrewcity
07-02-2010, 01:27 AM
hm, i wonder if the 40k was individual donations or from the various fundraisers from the bigwigs?

sluggo
07-02-2010, 08:30 AM

I'm a Benton critic, but I'll admit that so far everything seems to be running nicely.

Hope he keeps it up.

sailingaway
07-02-2010, 08:33 AM
It's just that Ron and Rand supporters seems to post everywhere and lots. It seems strange that there were not plenty of pro Rand comments. But your point is well taken. Thanks RonPaulFanInGA.

A bunch of sites have changed their sign up for comment process. At some point I am not sufficiently motivated to register. I used to comment on CNN, currently I don't. In the future I might. But I've registered a number of places and comment there. It just feels like an invasion of privacy every time they ask you to register, given the govt 'no privacy' policies. I understand why they do it, but I do have a reluctance to register.

I only signed up HERE in March, and I've been following Ron since his presidential campaign.

DeadheadForPaul
07-02-2010, 10:41 AM

When directed from this site, RP supporters dominate

But when we aren't present, you see what the average Fox News/CNN/MSNBC viewer thinks

I check CNN on a daily basis and their comments are always far left. A very small percentage of their viewers are actually conservative