PDA

View Full Version : Does LaRouche pay their people to canvas?

furface
07-01-2010, 06:03 PM
I had a weird experience outside a post office in my town today. A couple of LaRouche people set up a table to get support/donations. I went over to try to get them interested in Ron Paul and liberty stuff. They seemed uninterested. Thinking back I think they were just after money because they kept saying, "why don't you make a donation?" no matter what I told them.

It was quite a scene because they had a poster of Obama with a Hitler mustache, and lots of Obama folk completely freaked out. One middle aged woman came up and said "isn't that illegal doing that the to President?" It wasn't my intention, but I started defending the LaRouche people by questioning her about the 1st Amendment. Needless to say when I started asking her to defend her ideas, she ran away as fast as she could.

A couple of more people came up and got into it with me, and the LaRouche people seemed unfazed. One lady said she had relatives who were holocaust survivors and she resented the Hitler mustache. I brought up the fact that Obama is supporting violence much like Hitler, and she said "he didn't start terrorism." I pleaded with her for her to stay and talk about the history of the war on terror and ideas like blow back, but she ran away as well.

The whole time the LaRouche guys didn't so much as offer an opinion while I defended their right to put up the poster. They just waited for the people to leave and then bug me for a donation.

Weird discussion. I'm dumbfounded how people can look you straight in the eye and say "yeah, I'm for free expression, that's why I think putting a Hitler mustache on an Obama poster should be illegal." or "I'm for small government and I'm a pacifist, that's why I think we should spend more on the military and invade Iran." War is peace. Keep on rockin in the free world.

dannno
07-01-2010, 06:05 PM
Good fucking question.

JeNNiF00F00
07-01-2010, 06:17 PM

Old Ducker
07-01-2010, 06:19 PM
Crazy people. One reason im about ready to leave this crazy country.

...and go where?

CharlesTX
07-01-2010, 06:49 PM
I had an argument with a LaRouchie when I left a gun show. They had the same Obama Hitler picture in front of their table. The argument was over economics and how I thought their economic ideology sucked and that FDR was one of the shittiest presidents ever and that Public Works projects does not benefit everybody, and I backed up my arguments by paraphrasing Henry Hazlitt and Tom Woods works. They were pushing a supertrain system and a nuclear power plant wholly funded by tax payers. I knew I was winning the argument when he called me a Carnegie apologist. LOL.

They mean well, but they're kinda weird.

akforme
07-01-2010, 07:57 PM
Crazy people. One reason im about ready to leave this crazy country.

I left the city to get away from the crazies only to find they all moved with me.

for the life of me I can't hire help out here. they are all on government hand outs and nobody wants to work.

specsaregood
07-01-2010, 08:02 PM
//

WaltM
07-01-2010, 08:08 PM
Nope, that's the definition of a CULT, people passionate and willing to volunteer their time, argue with strangers, and persist a campaign that's long known for one thing : FAILURE , DISCONNECT.

Jeremy
07-01-2010, 08:11 PM
The only thing that matters is that you stood up for what's right. Good work.

t0rnado
07-01-2010, 08:19 PM
You'll encounter these nutcases in front of town halls too. I saw a few of them by the local post office here as well with a large poster of Obama with a Hitler stache, but that was last year.

These guys think that the War on Drugs is great, that the gold standard sucks, that FDR and Lincoln were the greatest presidents ever and that Alexander Hamilton was the greatest economist ever. They say that they believe in "the American system" of economics. Never give them your name, address, or phone number.

I enjoy trolling them though because they're so fucking stupid.

He was sentenced to 15 years' imprisonment in 1988 for conspiracy to commit mail fraud and tax code violations, but continued his political activities from behind bars until his release in 1994 on parole. His defenders believe the prosecution was a politically motivated conspiracy involving government officials and a mass-media brainwashing campaign.

specsaregood
07-01-2010, 08:25 PM
These guys think that the War on Drugs is great, that the gold standard sucks, that FDR and Lincoln were the greatest presidents ever and that Alexander Hamilton was the greatest economist ever. They say that they believe in "the American system" of economics.
Yes, they want to completely eliminate "money" and replace it with federal "script" of sorts.