PDA

View Full Version : *ACTION!* - Stop stealth legislation today!

tangent4ronpaul
07-01-2010, 02:13 PM
Please contact your representative!

I don’t know about you, but I’m OUTRAGED.

In a matter of just a few hours, union-label Speaker Nancy Pelosi and her allies will take up emergency war funding.

And attached to the war supplemental is Big Labor’s Police and Firefighter Monopoly Bargaining Bill!

The union bossed and their allies have proved they will stop at nothing to pass this scheme.

You see, if passed, this dangerous bill could force every police officer and firefighter in the country under union boss control, override state and local labor laws across the nation and lead to MAMMOTH state and local tax hikes.

So what does this Big Labor payback scheme have to do with the Afghan War or national security?

Literally NOTHING.

Of course, maybe I shouldn’t be surprised.

Speaker Pelosi and her allies in Congress will launch virtually any scheme to pay pack their union boss pals.

But the real bad news is passage of this bill could be the last straw for states and communities across the country who are already struggling to make ends meet.

In fact, all you need to do is take a look at California and Illinois to see what the rest of the nation has in store should the Obey Amendment pass.

California is facing a budget deficit of over $19 billion thanks to out-of-control government union bosses and their outrageous demands.

Illinois is facing a $13 billion shortfall -- half the state’s budget.

Dropping down a level, the city of Vallejo, California, actually went bankrupt after nearly 75 percent of its budget was spent on satisfying the demands of the union agreement covering police and firefighters.

And the Mayor of Lancaster, Pennsylvania, recently stated that struggling cities are “handcuffed” by public sector monopoly bargaining.

During these tough economic times, the LAST thing we need is national union boss control of our local police and firefighters.

And should we lose this fight, it’ll only be a matter of time before Big Labor moves on to seize control of ALL state and local public employees nationwide.

Please act now.

There’s not a moment to lose.

Sincerely,

Mark Mix

P.S. Big Labor’s allies in Congress have attached the Police and Firefighter Monopoly Bargaining Bill to the Afghanistan War Supplemental.

Your Congressman could be the key vote.

Brian in Maryland
07-01-2010, 02:41 PM
Thanks, I contacted my rep earlier today about this.