PDA

View Full Version : What I did today

bobmurph
10-14-2007, 02:44 PM
I passed out exactly 100 slim jims today at "Taste of Atlanta", a popular local food festival. The crowd was very diverse. Had a couple enthusiastic supporters, 5 or 6 conversations with people who didn't know him or his platform, and ZERO negative responses! My favorite is when people grab the handout and say "Who is Ron Paul?" when they're walking away. Probably took a little over an hour to pass out all 100.

Also, Stephany Fisher, the main news anchor for the Atlanta CBS affiliate, walked by with her daughter and I offered her a slim jim which she politely declined...oh well...would have been nice to get her attention though.

wgadget
10-14-2007, 02:46 PM
WOW! Thank you so much for doing this! I knew it was going on, but didn't know anyone was covering it.

Great work!

TechnoGuyRob
10-14-2007, 02:48 PM
Thanks, mate! :)

Roxi
10-14-2007, 03:17 PM
WTG thats awesome!

thehittgirl
10-14-2007, 03:38 PM
I love hearing what everyone does every day on these boards. Encourages me a lot. Good job!

specsaregood
10-14-2007, 03:39 PM
Here is what I did today Bringing the Ron Paul rEVOLution to the Revolutionary war battle (reenactment). (http://www.ronpaulphiladelphia.com/message.aspx?messageGUID=36e49d01-f4a3-4d05-9d63-cfc02d27d680)

TVMH
10-14-2007, 03:45 PM
I love hearing what everyone does every day on these boards. Encourages me a lot. Good job!

I spent about three hours talking with one of my wife's HS students while we were watching the Razorbacks get their butts kicked by Auburn.

I was just trying to get him interested so that he would tell some of his friends.

This is an AP kid, so he was VERY interested...AND, it turns out that his grandfather (who is apparently not so happy with the IRS) owns a local restaurant here in town.

I'll be ordering my Paul paraphernalia tomorrow, and I think this kid might be able to put a stack on the counter (I live in a very rural community of about 2500, and the message is generally well-received here).