PDA

View Full Version : Have you heard of the national precinct strategy

Koz
07-01-2010, 09:40 AM
This guy was on a local radio show this am.

http://www.wagthedog2010.com/

This seems pretty doable. Any thoughts??

Travlyr
07-01-2010, 09:49 AM
The local power structure is bought and paid for just like the state and feds. A plan, education, and consensus is the only hope if you wish to win by using this voting strategy.

w2992
07-01-2010, 10:02 AM
pct chairs is the way!!

Slutter McGee
07-01-2010, 10:06 AM
The local power structure is bought and paid for just like the state and feds. A plan, education, and consensus is the only hope if you wish to win by using this voting strategy.

I disagree completely. It is possible to get numbers in your favor at the local level. They might fight you, but numbers can win, and its been done.

I certainly like education. But to be fair, that has been the strategy of the Libertarian Pary...and hasn't gotten them that far.

Sincerely,

Slutter McGee

Deborah K
07-01-2010, 10:33 AM
I wish I would have known about this a year ago! Now my only option is to attend the precinct meetings and hold the precinct executives accountable. He says you can throw them out, but how!? And why isn't anybody donating on the chip-in??? Did you see that at the bottom of the site?

We have our Tea Party meetings on the last Saturday of every month in our town. I'll bring this up at the next meeting. I belong to a few different TPs around the county so I'll let them all know about this. No one has ever mentioned it before. This is valuable information.

Thank you Koz. This is really good information to have, I just wish I had it sooner.

Deborah K
07-01-2010, 01:41 PM
http://i44.tinypic.com/2mrdw2h.jpg

Koz
07-01-2010, 08:14 PM
I wish I had it sooner as well.

I'm going to do it. I belong to several local organizations and talk politics to a lot of my neighbors. I have to wear a suit and tie to work every day, so I'm pretty clean cut and trustworthy/respectable. I handle money on a daily basis.

I'm pretty confident I can get elected, although I have no desire to run for political office this won't be too bad.

Elwar
07-01-2010, 08:27 PM
I was precinct chair in 2008. It got me through to the county convention and on to the state convention where I was one of about 40 people who voted for our elector.

That one elector was one vote of a few hundred people that decided who our president was.

Koz
07-08-2010, 08:40 PM
Major breakthrough for me today in regard to getting on my precinct committee.

I was at the local Chamber of Commerce Ambassador meeting today (trying to get more involved for work) and I met Dorothy, an 82 year old woman that used to be on Boehner's staff. She is her precinct chairperson and knows the person in charge of the whole thing. She's been doing this for 30 years. She invited me to the next meeting and says there are many vacancies and I probably don't have to wait until next election to get on.

Total stroke of dumb luck while networking. Who says networking doesn't pay off.