PDA

View Full Version : Floor vote on Audit the Fed fails 198-229

qh4dotcom
06-30-2010, 06:56 PM
http://www.facebook.com/ronpaul

jbrace
06-30-2010, 06:57 PM
Ron Paul just reported on facebook; will be posting a list of nays later.

itshappening
06-30-2010, 06:58 PM
disgrace....

MRoCkEd
06-30-2010, 07:00 PM
Ron Paul The floor vote on Audit the Fed failed 198-229. That means a lot of Democrats who cosponsored my 1207 bill voted against it when it really mattered. I'll share a list of them shortly.

AuH20
06-30-2010, 07:02 PM
Democrats suck. Plain and simple. Republicans are useless as well, but at least every Republican house member voted for it!!!

http://www.humanevents.com/article.php?id=37824

tangent4ronpaul
06-30-2010, 07:04 PM
15 votes shy??? :(

Didn't the original bill have something like 340 co-sponsors? - WTF???

-t

Peace&Freedom
06-30-2010, 07:05 PM
Congress is in the middle of voting in MORE powers to the Fed, to take over regulation of all financial entities that could possibly compete with it (including check cashing places). Why would they want any auditing to go on over an institution it has already ceded unilateral powers to?

GunnyFreedom
06-30-2010, 07:06 PM
Democrats suck. Plain and simple. Republicans are useless as well but at least every Republican member voted for it!!!

http://www.humanevents.com/article.php?id=37824 (http://www.humanevents.com/article.php?id=37824)

Well, yeah, mostly because they know that popular sentiment right now is "go get the rope," and voting against it would be suicide. The Dems are still acting from the paradigm that the people aren't really angry, it'a all a media side-show.

as to the parties, I hate Republicans too ...... but I despise the Democrats. No, I don't vote for the (R) as the lesser of two evils, I do vote my conscience and am not afraid to write in "Mickey Mouse" then both of them are establishment tools...I just simply recognize the Dems as clearly the greater of two evils.

Arklatex
06-30-2010, 07:09 PM
If this were to have passed the world would have changed over night.

someperson
06-30-2010, 07:12 PM
It likely failed in part because those individuals who associate with the "Republican Party" attached HR1207 to some other measures in the recommit that made voting for it "impossible" for those who label themselves as "Democrats." If they had just left it alone, without packing baggage onto it, it may have passed. Those individuals in congress can always be relied upon for perfectly timed, epic failure.

Koz
06-30-2010, 07:13 PM
Once he posts the list we should give the ones hell who co-sponsored it who voted no. To the phones!

MR2Fast2Catch
06-30-2010, 07:23 PM
This is really frustrating. I am anxious to see the list of which cosponsors voted against the bill. Those are the ones who were cosponsoring it just to help their image or get reelected, etc.

All we are asking for is transparency!!!!! Audit the Fed....

jclay2
06-30-2010, 07:27 PM
yep secession is the only way to go...

But in all honesty, wtf is wrong with these people. The freaking cosponsered it? America, If you can't see the obvious lies right in front of you, then you deserve what you are getting. Instead of passing the audit the fed, the nays want to vote for a "financial regulation" bill to give the fed more power. Not good at all.

Paulitical Correctness
06-30-2010, 07:32 PM
as to the parties, I hate Republicans too ......

Careful...:eek:

someperson
06-30-2010, 07:33 PM
It likely failed in part because those individuals who associate with the "Republican Party" attached HR1207 to some other measures in the recommit that made voting for it "impossible" for those who label themselves as "Democrats." If they had just left it alone, without packing baggage onto it, it may have passed. Those individuals in congress can always be relied upon for perfectly timed, epic failure.
In addition to this, I'll add that those individuals who cosponsored HR1207, didn't agree to cosponsor the baggage. If we naively assume that these individuals are acting in good faith, for the most part, the aforementioned distinction should be considered before any witch hunts begin. Instead, let the witch hunts commence for the myriad of other destructive policies that all of these individuals support ;)

AuH20
06-30-2010, 07:35 PM
Why won't the democrats support the Audit the Fed bill? It's all rather elementary, my dear Watson. Their unions' patronage and slush fund in the forms of Fannie Mae/Freddie Mac will all die without the Federal Reserve's tentacles.

TheEvilDetector
06-30-2010, 07:35 PM
I've just updated the score.

Fed 9999999 - People 0

rp4prez
06-30-2010, 07:49 PM
Loyd Doggett, who _was_ a co-sponsor of the bill, until he f'n voted against it!!! I mean WTF?! He's going to be at a 4th of July parade in my neighborhood and I'll be grilling him on it. I mean really what the hell? When I went and met him a few months ago I praised him for his co-sponsoring it and now he votes against it. He'll be getting a mouth full from me that lip service dog!!!! :mad:

catdd
06-30-2010, 07:55 PM
I hate democrats more every day.

someperson
06-30-2010, 08:04 PM
By packing baggage onto the Motion to Recommit, and transforming a more straight-forward HR1207 vote into something else entirely, those individuals who label themselves as "Republicans" (intentionally or not) gave those who label themselves as "Democrats" an out: a way to save face and not vote for HR1207. They all disgust me, and I wouldn't be at all surprised if it was intentional.

It's all theatrics at this point, anyway.

Dr.3D
06-30-2010, 08:12 PM
I've never been able to figure out how with the prevailing winds coming from the west, that the stench of Washington D.C. can permeate all of the way to Hawaii.

I can only guess the FED paid off those bastards.

georgiaboy
06-30-2010, 08:32 PM
<banging head against wall>

HOLLYWOOD
06-30-2010, 08:38 PM
SO... I would like to see a nice clean list of those that CO_SPONSORED H.R. 1207 and just voted it down.

Anyone wanted post that Hypocritical list? Time to Call these Sleazy Snakes Out!

BenIsForRon
06-30-2010, 08:41 PM
What a bunch of spineless jackasses. I'm fucking pissed.

RideTheDirt
06-30-2010, 08:42 PM
umm wtf?!?!?

rp4prez
06-30-2010, 08:42 PM
SO... I would like to see a nice clean list of those that CO_SPONSORED H.R. 1207 and those that just voted it down.

Anyone wanted post that Hypocritical list? Time to Call these Sleazy Snakes Out!

I can help you start it with...

lloyd doggettlloyd doggettlloyd doggettlloyd doggettlloyd doggettlloyd doggettlloyd doggettlloyd doggettlloyd doggettlloyd doggettlloyd doggettlloyd doggettlloyd doggettlloyd doggettlloyd doggettlloyd doggettlloyd doggettlloyd doggett!!!
:mad:

RideTheDirt
06-30-2010, 08:44 PM
I am extremely pissed off

someperson
06-30-2010, 08:47 PM
Did I mention that this wasn't a vote on only HR1207? That those with an 'R' by their name gave those with a 'D' by their name an out by attaching other measures to the vote? As far as I'm concerned, they essentially colluded to block HR1207 by packing baggage onto the vote. The individuals with 'R' can say they tried, but "OH WELL" it failed. The individuals with 'D' can say they wanted to vote for 1207, but the "other side" stuck a few measures into the motion that were unacceptable.

End result: the motion fails. How convenient.

jbrace
06-30-2010, 08:50 PM
Did I mention that this wasn't a vote on only HR1207? That those with an 'R' by their name gave those with a 'D' by their name an out by attaching other measures to the vote? As far as I'm concerned, they essentially colluded to block HR1207 by packing baggage onto the vote. The individuals with 'R' can say they tried, but "OH WELL" it failed. The individuals with 'D' can say they wanted to vote for 1207, but the "other side" stuck a few measures into the motion that were unacceptable.

What was packaged onto the bill?

rp4prez
06-30-2010, 08:51 PM

Not an excuse :mad:

someperson
06-30-2010, 08:53 PM
What was packaged onto the bill?
http://news.firedoglake.com/2010/06/30/dodd-frank-passes-house/

"Earlier, Democrats beat back a Republican motion to recommit that would have added back Ron Paul’s “Audit the Fed” amendment and also created an “end user” exemption for margin and clearing requirements for their derivatives. That failed in the House by a count of 229-198."

They just couldn't leave it alone.

Not an excuse :mad:
It definitely isn't an excuse. These people are beyond fail.

Anti Federalist
06-30-2010, 09:23 PM
If this were to have passed the world would have changed over night.

Which is why the measure failed when it really mattered.

LoL at people who think the system will just fold up and go away, that a "vote" of congresscritters had the system even worried for a moment.

If it was just democrats as the villains here, why did this measure not pass in all the years Ron Paul has been introducing it, when republicans held majorities in the House and had the presidency as well?

Wise up folks, you're not going to find your lost liberty in a voting booth.

JCF
06-30-2010, 09:31 PM

LoL at people who think the system will just fold up and go away, that a "vote" of congresscritters had the system even worried for a moment.

If it was just democrats as the villains here, why did this measure not pass in all the years Ron Paul has been introducing it, when republicans held majorities in the House and had the presidency as well?

True, if anything it's set up to be close to to keep giving us the illusion that there's actually a chance we could get what we want.

AuH20
06-30-2010, 09:34 PM

However, there's an inordinate amount of pressure on Republican politicians, thanks to the Tea Party (see the results from the Utah and Kentucky primaries). The democrats have no such impetus to do anything. Omnipotent central banking and near limitless expenditures is what THEIR constituents want unfortunately.

Elle
06-30-2010, 09:41 PM
SO... I would like to see a nice clean list of those that CO_SPONSORED H.R. 1207 and those that just voted it down.

Co Sponsors that voted against the bill

o Rep. John Adler [D, NJ-3]
o Rep. Jason Altmire [D, PA-4]
o Rep. Michael Arcuri [D, NY-24]
o Rep. Brian Baird [D, WA-3]
o Rep. Tammy Baldwin [D, WI-2]
o Rep. John Barrow [D, GA-12]
o Rep. Shelley Berkley [D, NV-1]
o Rep. Sanford Bishop [D, GA-2]
o Rep. Timothy Bishop [D, NY-1]
o Rep. John Boccieri [D, OH-16]
o Rep. Dan Boren [D, OK-2]
o Rep. Leonard Boswell [D, IA-3]
o Rep. Allen Boyd [D, FL-2]
o Rep. Bruce Braley [D, IA-1]
o Rep. Bobby Bright [D, AL-2]
o Rep. Corrine Brown [D, FL-3]
o Rep. Ben Chandler [D, KY-6]
o Rep. Judy Chu [D, CA-32]
o Rep. William Clay [D, MO-1]
o Rep. Steve Cohen [D, TN-9]
o Rep. John Conyers [D, MI-14]
o Rep. Joe Courtney [D, CT-2]
o Rep. Henry Cuellar [D, TX-28]
o Rep. Kathleen Dahlkemper [D, PA-3]
o Rep. Lincoln Davis [D, TN-4]
o Rep. Danny Davis [D, IL-7]
o Rep. Peter DeFazio [D, OR-4]
o Rep. William Delahunt [D, MA-10]
o Rep. Lloyd Doggett [D, TX-25]
o Rep. Michael Doyle [D, PA-14]
o Rep. Steve Driehaus [D, OH-1]
o Rep. Donna Edwards [D, MD-4]
o Rep. Sam Farr [D, CA-17]
o Rep. Bob Filner [D, CA-51]
o Rep. Marcia Fudge [D, OH-11]
o Rep. Barton Gordon [D, TN-6]
o Rep. Raul Grijalva [D, AZ-7]
o Rep. Deborah Halvorson [D, IL-11]
o Rep. Phil Hare [D, IL-17]
o Rep. Jane Harman [D, CA-36]
o Rep. Martin Heinrich [D, NM-1]
o Rep. Stephanie Herseth Sandlin [D, SD-0]
o Rep. Brian Higgins [D, NY-27]
o Rep. Baron Hill [D, IN-9]
o Rep. Maurice Hinchey [D, NY-22]
o Rep. Rubén Hinojosa [D, TX-15]
o Rep. Mazie Hirono [D, HI-2]
o Rep. Tim Holden [D, PA-17]
o Rep. Jesse Jackson [D, IL-2]
o Rep. Eddie Johnson [D, TX-30]
o Rep. Henry Johnson [D, GA-4]
o Rep. Steve Kagen [D, WI-8]
o Rep. Marcy Kaptur [D, OH-9]
o Rep. Dale Kildee [D, MI-5]
o Rep. Carolyn Kilpatrick [D, MI-13]
o Rep. Larry Kissell [D, NC-8]
o Rep. Suzanne Kosmas [D, FL-24]
o Rep. Dennis Kucinich [D, OH-10]
o Rep. James Langevin [D, RI-2]
o Rep. John Lewis [D, GA-5]
o Rep. David Loebsack [D, IA-2]
o Rep. Zoe Lofgren [D, CA-16]
o Rep. Ben Luján [D, NM-3]
o Rep. Daniel Maffei [D, NY-25]
o Rep. James McDermott [D, WA-7]
o Rep. James McGovern [D, MA-3]
o Rep. Charles Melancon [D, LA-3]
o Rep. Michael Michaud [D, ME-2]
o Rep. Scott Murphy [D, NY-20]
o Rep. Patrick Murphy [D, PA-8]
o Rep. Christopher Murphy [D, CT-5]
o Rep. Jerrold Nadler [D, NY-8]
o Rep. James Oberstar [D, MN-8]
o Rep. Solomon Ortiz [D, TX-27]
o Rep. William Pascrell [D, NJ-8]
o Rep. Edward Pastor [D, AZ-4]
o Rep. Donald Payne [D, NJ-10]
o Rep. Ed Perlmutter [D, CO-7]
o Rep. Collin Peterson [D, MN-7]
o Rep. Chellie Pingree [D, ME-1]
o Rep. Jared Polis [D, CO-2]
o Rep. Mike Quigley [D, IL-5]
o Rep. Silvestre Reyes [D, TX-16]
o Rep. Laura Richardson [D, CA-37]
o Rep. Ciro Rodriguez [D, TX-23]
o Rep. Steven Rothman [D, NJ-9]
o Rep. Dutch Ruppersberger [D, MD-2]
o Rep. Timothy Ryan [D, OH-17]
o Rep. John Salazar [D, CO-3]
o Rep. John Sarbanes [D, MD-3]
o Rep. Steve Scalise [R, LA-1]
o Rep. Janice Schakowsky [D, IL-9]
o Rep. Mark Schauer [D, MI-7]
o Rep. Adam Schiff [D, CA-29]
o Rep. Kurt Schrader [D, OR-5]
o Rep. David Scott [D, GA-13]
o Rep. Carol Shea-Porter [D, NH-1]
o Rep. Brad Sherman [D, CA-27]
o Rep. Heath Shuler [D, NC-11]
o Rep. Louise Slaughter [D, NY-28]
o Rep. Adam Smith [D, WA-9]
o Rep. Victor Snyder [D, AR-2]
o Rep. Jackie Speier [D, CA-12]
o Rep. John Spratt [D, SC-5]
o Rep. Fortney Stark [D, CA-13]
o Rep. Betty Sutton [D, OH-13]
o Rep. Bennie Thompson [D, MS-2]
o Rep. John Tierney [D, MA-6]
o Rep. Paul Tonko [D, NY-21]
o Rep. Peter Visclosky [D, IN-1]
o Rep. Timothy Walz [D, MN-1]
o Rep. Anthony Weiner [D, NY-9]
o Rep. Peter Welch [D, VT-0]
o Rep. David Wu [D, OR-1]
o Rep. John Yarmuth [D, KY-3]

catdd
06-30-2010, 09:47 PM
See, Kucinich just showed what a squirrely little moron he really is.

Fozz
06-30-2010, 09:51 PM
F@ck Dennis Kucinich. He is shit.

tangent4ronpaul
06-30-2010, 09:55 PM
Thanks for pulling that together Elle!

-t

Kregisen
06-30-2010, 09:56 PM
WTF???? Kucinich voted no?????

Seriously? After all this? FUCK HIM

catdd
06-30-2010, 09:58 PM

He's a bastard. He's a lowlife, backstabbing little bastard.

Fozz
06-30-2010, 09:58 PM
I hope Audit the Fed is tried again after this election.

We'll hopefully have Rand Paul, Sharron Angle, Mike Lee, more Republicans in the House, and we'll still have DeMint and maybe Grayson.

Travlyr
06-30-2010, 10:03 PM
Since the audit failed, it's time to End the Fed.

The issuing power should be taken from the banks and restored to the people, to whom it properly belongs. - Thomas Jefferson

TheEvilDetector
06-30-2010, 10:05 PM

Where would we find it?

james1906
06-30-2010, 10:13 PM
Loyd Doggett, who _was_ a co-sponsor of the bill, until he f'n voted against it!!! I mean WTF?! He's going to be at a 4th of July parade in my neighborhood and I'll be grilling him on it. I mean really what the hell? When I went and met him a few months ago I praised him for his co-sponsoring it and now he votes against it. He'll be getting a mouth full from me that lip service dog!!!! :mad:

Get some friends and Anwar Sadat that punkass bitch :D

Anti Federalist
06-30-2010, 10:20 PM
Where would we find it?

In the hearts and minds of a tireless minority that will, that must, rise up and refuse, consequences be damned.

Whether anybody wants to admit it or not, we've entered "hot" tyranny, when the state can just declare you an enemy and render you an unperson.

No plebiscite is going to turn that around anymore.

Baptist
06-30-2010, 10:25 PM
Kucinich... first voting against his conscience on the healthcare bill, and now this.

When Ron Paul decides to retire, I hope that it is on the heels of a vote like this. "I am leaving D.C. because there is no hope of fixing this country or turning it around via D.C..... bla bla" make a huge deal out of it in the news.

tropicangela
06-30-2010, 11:15 PM
Kucinich... first voting against his conscience on the healthcare bill, and now this.

I just wrote to him. http://kucinich.house.gov/

qh4dotcom
06-30-2010, 11:16 PM

When Ron Paul decides to retire, I hope that it is on the heels of a vote like this. "I am leaving D.C. because there is no hope of fixing this country or turning it around via D.C..... bla bla" make a huge deal out of it in the news.

He promised to keep spreading the liberty message until his last breath when he dropped out of the primaries in June 2008.

Omphfullas Zamboni
06-30-2010, 11:21 PM
http://news.firedoglake.com/2010/06/30/dodd-frank-passes-house/

"Earlier, Democrats beat back a Republican motion to recommit that would have added back Ron Paul’s “Audit the Fed” amendment and also created an “end user” exemption for margin and clearing requirements for their derivatives. That failed in the House by a count of 229-198."

What is it about the bolded portion that offends Democrats?

TNforPaul45
06-30-2010, 11:23 PM
Where would we find it?

Americans can always find their Liberty in the following places, in the following order:

Soap Box
Ballot Box
Jury Box
Ammo Box

TNforPaul45
06-30-2010, 11:28 PM
I just wrote to him. http://kucinich.house.gov/

Be careful with your angry messages to Congress. People are now being arrested and charged for even the slightest "irratability" in emails to Congressmen:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/05/25/bruce-shore-unemployed-ph_n_588798.html

sailingaway
06-30-2010, 11:52 PM
well, at least I can vent a bit by voting against Berman .... at least there IS a Republican running this time. The man (Berman) only had a 17% approval rating last time I checked....

someperson
07-01-2010, 12:03 AM
What is it about the bolded portion that offends Democrats?
I don't know what offends individuals who label themselves as "Democrats," but that author wrote a second piece suggesting that previous motions proposed by those who label themselves with an "R" have contained hidden spending cuts. I assume that's supposed to be a "bad thing" for individuals who like to spend the money of other people. Here's that second story:

http://news.firedoglake.com/2010/06/30/gop-to-use-audit-the-fed-in-finreg-motion-to-recommit/

"Let’s make something clear about these Republican motions to recommit. The headline piece of the motion is never the only piece. Last month, when they successfully used a motion to recommit to derail the COMPETES Act, the headline piece was about denying compensation to members of the SEC watching porn on the job. But behind that were several cuts to the bill and other spending. Democrats dealt with that by separating out the motion to recommit into nine separate votes, isolating the SEC/porn measure."

They obviously didn't care to do any separation this time around... likely because they will use that conveniently placed baggage to justify their votes against HR1207. All I see are two wings of the same vulture colluding to make it politically safe to kill 1207.

John Taylor
07-01-2010, 12:30 AM
He's a bastard. He's a lowlife, backstabbing little bastard.

What did you guys expect, he's a socialist.

Fox McCloud
07-01-2010, 12:32 AM
Let this be the final lesson in what a few of us have said about Dennis Kucinich for a long time; he is not our friend and he is not or ally when it comes to promotion of liberty--it's fairly clear now that when push comes to absolute shove, he'll shill for the Democratic establishment.

John Taylor
07-01-2010, 12:34 AM

After all this? Surely you're kidding! The guy is a complete socialist gasbag.

BenIsForRon
07-01-2010, 12:43 AM

Do you know what measures these are? It may explain why Kucinich voted no.

tangent4ronpaul
07-01-2010, 12:53 AM
http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2010/06/house-gop-audit-the-fed/58976/

The vote will come in the form of a Motion to Recommit, a parliamentary procedure that allows the minority party one last chance to alter a bill and send it back to committee before it is passed. Given how close Democrats are to passing financial reform, it's unlikely House Dems--even those who want to see a GAO audit of the Fed--will vote to send House and Senate negotiators back to the negotiating table.

The financial reform bill already has a compromise Fed-audit provision; the motion to recommit would replace it with Paul's language.

One intriguing political dimension of this is that Paul has somehow found himself, to some degree, in the mainstream: his skepticism of the Fed has gained traction not just among Tea Partiers, but among a majority of the House, including liberals, moderates, and Bush-era conservatives. Lynn Woolsey, who chairs the House Progressive Caucus, supports his bill; so does House Minority Leader John Boehner. House Republican leaders are pushing Paul's idea to combat the Democratic platform. I don't think we'll see Paul taking over as Minority Leader or Speaker next year, but it's tempting to call it a sign of the times that popular legislation by the libertarian outsider is being pushed by his party's establishment.

someperson
07-01-2010, 12:54 AM
Do you know what measures these are? It may explain why Kucinich voted no.
It's very difficult to find the language for HR4173, roll call vote 412. This page, http://english.capital.gr/news.asp?id=1002391, is the only alternative source I could find.

"Specifically, the Republican motion will instruct committee lawmakers to amend the bill to include the original audit-the-Fed bill authored by Rep. Ron Paul (R., Texas) that would give the Government Accountability Office greater access to the Fed's activities than the audit provision included in the final financial overhaul bill. The motion would also mandate changes to widen the exemption for corporate end users of derivatives from new margin requirements."

Here are a few possibilities:
1. some of the cosponsors, who happen to label themselves as "Democrats," objected to that mandate thinking it would be beneficial to corporations, which is against their "principles"
2. those same cosponsors were coerced by leadership to vote against HR1207, using the baggage as a "legitimate" excuse, even though they personally couldn't care less about the baggage being there, and honestly wanted to vote for it
3. the cosponsors never really wanted to support HR1207 in the first place, but pressure from constituents forced their hand. they took this opportunity/out generously provided by the individuals who label themselves as "Republican" to vote against it, with the intent of using the baggage as an excuse come election time.
4. they just didn't want to go back to the drawing board again (you know, to do their supposed job)
5. they closed their eyes and pressed the first button their finger came in contact with

Possibility #3 is, of course, a win/win for the leaderships of both sides (the one party), as the "R" labeled individuals can disingenuously claim that they tried to pass it, while the "D" labeled individuals can disingenuously claim that they wanted to, but the "R" people added stuff that made that impossible. Both sides point fingers at each other, status quo remains intact.

It's all theatrics, as far as I'm concerned.

RokiLothbard
07-01-2010, 01:04 AM
Let the list of D's who co-sponsored the bill, and then voted against it be remembered. Let its members be castigated as the spineless hypocrites that they are.

However, also let the names of the R's who glued the remnants of 1207 to some other less important crap be made public. They actually have even less of a leg to stand on than the D's. They are either evil or incompetent, and I don't care which, but they dont deserve to be sent back to DC.

someperson
07-01-2010, 01:10 AM
Let the list of D's who co-sponsored the bill, and then voted against it be remembered. Let its members be castigated as the spineless hypocrites that they are.

However, also let the names of the R's who glued the remnants of 1207 to some other less important crap be made public. They actually have even less of a leg to stand on than the D's. They are either evil or incompetent, and I don't care which, but they dont deserve to be sent back to DC.
+1 This is an appropriate response to the ridiculous game they've all played with HR1207.

charrob
07-01-2010, 01:20 AM

...so "who" are these R's?

someperson
07-01-2010, 01:28 AM
...so "who" are these R's?
It's difficult to find this information, for some reason. Whoever was involved in drafting the Motion to Recommit (which ended up being roll call vote 412 of HR4173)... those individuals committed an epic fail. Instead of providing an out for certain cosponsors by tacking on some relatively useless minutia, they should have just let HR1207 stand on its own.

charrob
07-01-2010, 01:51 AM
It's difficult to find this information, for some reason. Whoever was involved in drafting the Motion to Recommit (which ended up being roll call vote 412 of HR4173)... those individuals committed an epic fail. Instead of providing an out for certain cosponsors by tacking on some relatively useless minutia, they should have just let HR1207 stand on its own.

thanks.

RokiLothbard
07-01-2010, 02:15 AM
I realize this might not be popular, but I just emailed Glenn Beck about this very issue. I encourage you to do the same. If you dont like Beck then email somebody else. But lets make some noise on this one. I want to know who on R side of the aisle deserves some of the blame.

charrob
07-01-2010, 02:32 AM
and this is what the R's tacked on?

The motion would also mandate changes to widen the exemption for corporate end users of derivatives from new margin requirements."

??

I'm not going to pretend to understand what that means except that I've heard derivatives are speculative. On C-Span they explained it that the banks were doing derivatives of derivatives of derivatives... each time a derivative is taken it increases wealth on paper (but does not really increase wealth). So, each extra time a derivative is taken it increases risk.

Please correct where this is wrong...

RokiLothbard
07-01-2010, 02:43 AM
With that description it is impossible to know what the "gluon" was. If I had to guess, I'd probably have been for it. That doesn't matter. They had a chance to audit the frikkin fed and they screwed it up. Wether this was due to stupidity or corruption, I don't care. Heads should roll.

Kregisen
07-01-2010, 02:44 AM
Are there anymore chances to get this audit through? Or is that it until 2012?

tpreitzel
07-01-2010, 03:13 AM
The government certainly doesn't mind auditing OUR finances right down to every ATM transaction, but we can't audit the Federal Reserve which constantly debases OUR currency. Time for a real revolution, I think.

libertybrewcity
07-01-2010, 06:04 AM
AHHHHHH ANGER RIGHT NOW 2-3049823-481-oijtpoqiejptoiq3

what is wrong with these people?

Kýrie eléison
07-01-2010, 06:55 AM
I always wondered, after a vote like this, how long does Ron Paul have to "wait" before he can try to put it through again?

hamilton1049
07-01-2010, 07:01 AM
The government certainly doesn't mind auditing OUR finances right down to every ATM transaction, but we can't audit the Federal Reserve which constantly debases OUR currency. Time for a real revolution, I think.

The only thing I find surprising is that anyone here is surprised that the dems flip flopped.

If this line is not taken up and it does not finally light a fire in the bellies of the sheep I seriously doubt anything will.

VBRonPaulFan
07-01-2010, 07:49 AM
and this is what the R's tacked on?

??

I'm not going to pretend to understand what that means except that I've heard derivatives are speculative. On C-Span they explained it that the banks were doing derivatives of derivatives of derivatives... each time a derivative is taken it increases wealth on paper (but does not really increase wealth). So, each extra time a derivative is taken it increases risk.

Please correct where this is wrong...

a derivative is basically an agreement between two parties for a future exchange. for example, a company giving you stock options can be considered a derivative. a company agrees to sell you 100 shares of stock A within 5 years at $10. the derivative itself has no value, the underlying asset (the stock) does. however i believe on wall street they have a way of giving value to the actual derivative contract and not just on the underlying asset which is how derivatives are traded/sold.

it sounds to me like what they tacked on was basically a way to decrease the amount of capital a corporation had to have in holding to cover its derivatives? someone correct me if im off base.

klamath
07-01-2010, 08:22 AM
When the chips are really down Kucinich votes for his party. He not a real non partisan like RP.

catdd
07-01-2010, 08:41 AM
You watch, people will forget all about this in time and will be back to talking about what a great ally Kucinich is.

CanadaBoy
07-01-2010, 08:48 AM
Kucinich?
:(

low preference guy
07-01-2010, 08:52 AM
Kucinich?
:(

what were you expecting from an economic ignoramus?

qh4dotcom
07-01-2010, 12:47 PM
I always wondered, after a vote like this, how long does Ron Paul have to "wait" before he can try to put it through again?

Probably after the midterms and after some new members of Congress are sworn in.