PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul on CNN Just Before (Anderson Cooper)

retrorepublican
06-07-2007, 08:25 PM
Reporters were awing about his online support in comparison to the official polls.

Very, very good coverage we're getting!

akalucas
06-07-2007, 08:29 PM
This is great! If anyone has a vid please post. i would luv to see this.

Kuldebar
06-07-2007, 08:36 PM
Was Ron Paul actually on CNN? Or was he just the subject of the discussion?

1k9
06-07-2007, 09:19 PM
I saw that they were talking about him, it was like a newsbreak during 360. I don't know if this is what retro was talking about. They [CNN] was talking about that Paul has been on top of most of the online polls, but online polls are unscientific and can be manipulated. Some crap like that. They gave credit, then suggested that there was a possiblity that we cheated.

Galactic Lord Xenu
06-07-2007, 09:20 PM
Well, they're right, there is that possibility that some overzealous supporters did cheat. It's unscientific and that factor hasn't been accounted for, whether or not you want to admit it.

I hope that it's a legitimate reflection of the message spreading, though.

MsDoodahs
06-07-2007, 09:29 PM
If CNN set the poll up so that overzealous supporters had the ability to vote more than once, then that reflects extraordinarily poorly on CNN's grasp of the online medium (not outside the realm of possibility, of course.)

The claims of "scientific" versus "unscientific" are manure IMO because that devil is in the details. For any poll to be accurate, it would have to be a random and unbiased sample of an important population. That leaves a lot of places for mistakes.

ALL poll participation is SELF SELECTED. So the assumption of RANDOMNESS fails.

We know how easy it is to present a biased poll. After all, leaving one candidate off for days kinda biases the results, doncha think?

:)