PDA

View Full Version : More Evidence that Ron Paul's Ideas are Catching On with More Americans

bobbyw24
06-30-2010, 04:39 AM
MORE EVIDENCE RON PAUL IDEAS ARE on the MARCH! END the FED, PAY for RUINOUS WARS and US IS BROKE!

This was just too delicious to resist:

The Telegraph (a UK newspaper) had this article calling for the end of the Federal Reserve. Yes, Andrew Jackson hasn’t had this much fun since the Second Bank of the United States was abolished on his watch in 1836! Ambrose Evans-Pritchard has this to say about the professional economists:

However, Dr Athreya’s assertions cannot be allowed to pass. The current generation of economists have led the world into a catastrophic cul de sac. And if they think we are safely on the road to recovery, they still fail to understand what they did.

Central banks were the ultimate authors of the credit crisis since it is they who set the price of credit too low, throwing the whole incentive structure of the capitalist system out of kilter, and more or less forcing banks to chase yield and engage in destructive behaviour.

Other than the British accent, it is pretty much like Dr. Paul puts it, isn’t it? See this from Paul’s speech in Congress on September 10, 2002:

Mr. Speaker, I rise to introduce legislation to restore financial stability to America’s economy by abolishing the Federal Reserve. I also ask unanimous consent to insert the attached article by Lew Rockwell, president of the Ludwig Von Mises Institute, which explains the benefits of abolishing the Fed and restoring the gold standard, into the record.

Since the creation of the Federal Reserve, middle and working-class Americans have been victimized by a boom-and-bust monetary policy. In addition, most Americans have suffered a steadily eroding purchasing power because of the Federal Reserve’s inflationary policies. This represents a real, if hidden, tax imposed on the American people.

From the Great Depression, to the stagflation of the seventies, to the burst of the dotcom bubble last year, every economic downturn suffered by the country over the last 80 years can be traced to Federal Reserve policy. The Fed has followed a consistent policy of flooding the economy with easy money, leading to a misallocation of resources and an artificial “boom” followed by a recession or depression when the Fed-created bubble bursts.

Who is this guy Ambrose Evans-Pritchard? Try a editor and reporter for over 25 years. He was the Telegraph’s Washington correspondent. I think he knows what he is talking about.

Unlike perhaps the writer for the Telegraph, most of my readers know Congressman John Boehner. Here’s what he told the editors in Pittsburgh about Social Security:

“We’re all living a lot longer than anyone ever expected,” Boehner said in a meeting with the editors of the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review. “And I think that raising the retirement age — going out 20 years, so you’re not affecting anyone close to retirement — and eventually getting the retirement age to 70 is a step that needs to be taken.”

Why do that? Well, to pay for Afghanistan, says the Washington Post. Here’s the USA Today version.

House Minority Leader John Boehner, R-Ohio, told the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review today that he would support raising the Social Security retirement age to 70 to help pay for the war in Afghanistan.

And the Boston Herald:

http://beforeitsnews.com/news/89/328/MORE_EVIDENCE_RON_PAUL_IDEAS_ARE_on_the_MARCH_END_ the_FED,_PAY_for_RUINOUS_WARS_and_US_IS_BROKE.html

stu2002
06-30-2010, 05:32 AM
Amen brother

Mattsa
06-30-2010, 06:33 AM
MORE EVIDENCE RON PAUL IDEAS ARE on the MARCH! END the FED, PAY for RUINOUS WARS and US IS BROKE!

This was just too delicious to resist:

The Telegraph (a UK newspaper) had this article calling for the end of the Federal Reserve. Yes, Andrew Jackson hasn’t had this much fun since the Second Bank of the United States was abolished on his watch in 1836! Ambrose Evans-Pritchard has this to say about the professional economists:

However, Dr Athreya’s assertions cannot be allowed to pass. The current generation of economists have led the world into a catastrophic cul de sac. And if they think we are safely on the road to recovery, they still fail to understand what they did.

Central banks were the ultimate authors of the credit crisis since it is they who set the price of credit too low, throwing the whole incentive structure of the capitalist system out of kilter, and more or less forcing banks to chase yield and engage in destructive behaviour.

Other than the British accent, it is pretty much like Dr. Paul puts it, isn’t it? See this from Paul’s speech in Congress on September 10, 2002:

Mr. Speaker, I rise to introduce legislation to restore financial stability to America’s economy by abolishing the Federal Reserve. I also ask unanimous consent to insert the attached article by Lew Rockwell, president of the Ludwig Von Mises Institute, which explains the benefits of abolishing the Fed and restoring the gold standard, into the record.

Since the creation of the Federal Reserve, middle and working-class Americans have been victimized by a boom-and-bust monetary policy. In addition, most Americans have suffered a steadily eroding purchasing power because of the Federal Reserve’s inflationary policies. This represents a real, if hidden, tax imposed on the American people.

From the Great Depression, to the stagflation of the seventies, to the burst of the dotcom bubble last year, every economic downturn suffered by the country over the last 80 years can be traced to Federal Reserve policy. The Fed has followed a consistent policy of flooding the economy with easy money, leading to a misallocation of resources and an artificial “boom” followed by a recession or depression when the Fed-created bubble bursts.

Who is this guy Ambrose Evans-Pritchard? Try a editor and reporter for over 25 years. He was the Telegraph’s Washington correspondent. I think he knows what he is talking about.

Unlike perhaps the writer for the Telegraph, most of my readers know Congressman John Boehner. Here’s what he told the editors in Pittsburgh about Social Security:

“We’re all living a lot longer than anyone ever expected,” Boehner said in a meeting with the editors of the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review. “And I think that raising the retirement age — going out 20 years, so you’re not affecting anyone close to retirement — and eventually getting the retirement age to 70 is a step that needs to be taken.”

Why do that? Well, to pay for Afghanistan, says the Washington Post. Here’s the USA Today version.

House Minority Leader John Boehner, R-Ohio, told the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review today that he would support raising the Social Security retirement age to 70 to help pay for the war in Afghanistan.

And the Boston Herald:

http://beforeitsnews.com/news/89/328/MORE_EVIDENCE_RON_PAUL_IDEAS_ARE_on_the_MARCH_END_ the_FED,_PAY_for_RUINOUS_WARS_and_US_IS_BROKE.html

Ambrose Evans-Pritchard is certainly one of the better journalists in the British press.

We actually have some quite good journalists on the Daily Telegraph. Ambrose writes some excellent articles on economics and finance.

Dan Hannan and James Delingpole are also regular bloggers on the Telegraph. Delingpole in particular is about as close as we have to a true libertarian writing for a British newspaper. His scepticism over global warming and his attacks on the 'climate change' lobby are a delight to read. Gerald Warner is another favourite.

The Daily Telegraph is the only oasis in the British journalistic desert. 95% of all the journalistic output in the UK is utter trash. Even the satirical magazines like 'Private Eye' are crap. Private Eye masquerades as an anti-establishment satirical magazine. Personally, I find it stupifying dull and shallow.

Anyway, I thoroughly recommend the Daily Telegraph to our American pals!

Original_Intent
06-30-2010, 07:42 AM
I do agree with Boehner that the retirement age needs to be raised. It should be raised to the point that SS be phased out of existence.

You retire when you can afford to. And I realize that people who have paid in their whole lives have some claim to it.

molly_pitcher
06-30-2010, 08:48 AM
I go to the Telegraph to read Dan Hannan x-D I guess you could call me a Dan-Han-Fan.

tremendoustie
06-30-2010, 10:34 AM
I do agree with Boehner that the retirement age needs to be raised. It should be raised to the point that SS be phased out of existence.

You retire when you can afford to. And I realize that people who have paid in their whole lives have some claim to it.

Distribute any remaining SS funds back to the people, proportionate to the amount they have paid in, and abolish the ponzi scam.

FrankRep
06-30-2010, 10:37 AM
First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they attack you, then you win.

FEC Attempts to Shut Down Campaign for Liberty
http://www.infowars.com/fec-attempts-to-shut-down-campaign-for-liberty/

bobbyw24
06-30-2010, 11:04 AM

"If you have substantial non-Social Security income while you're retired, why are we paying you at a time when we're broke?" he said to the paper in an interview.

Democrats are pouncing on Boehner's remarks, arguing that they foreshadow the approach to government Republicans would take if they win control of Congress in the 2010 midterm elections.

Boehner's comments come as lawmakers in both parties, but especially Republicans, have expressed concern with the growing national debt. Boehner said in the interview that entitlement programs such as Social Security and Medicare will need to be reformed to address the problem.

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/onpolitics/post/2010/06/house-gop-leader-john-boehner-proposes-raising-age-to-collect-social-security/1

JohnEngland
06-30-2010, 11:31 AM
Ambrose Evans-Pritchard is certainly one of the better journalists in the British press.

We actually have some quite good journalists on the Daily Telegraph. Ambrose writes some excellent articles on economics and finance.

Dan Hannan and James Delingpole are also regular bloggers on the Telegraph. Delingpole in particular is about as close as we have to a true libertarian writing for a British newspaper. His scepticism over global warming and his attacks on the 'climate change' lobby are a delight to read. Gerald Warner is another favourite.

The Daily Telegraph is the only oasis in the British journalistic desert. 95% of all the journalistic output in the UK is utter trash. Even the satirical magazines like 'Private Eye' are crap. Private Eye masquerades as an anti-establishment satirical magazine. Personally, I find it stupifying dull and shallow.

Anyway, I thoroughly recommend the Daily Telegraph to our American pals!

Yep, I have to agree - Telegraph is the best we have, but that's not saying much, considering pretty much all the mainstream media is trash. But I do like the Telegraph's finance section and the blogs.

However, as a whole, I find myself reading more American sources of news than British now (thank you, internet). Drudge is the best homepage a web browser could have! :D

bobbyw24
06-30-2010, 11:37 AM
drudge is the best homepage a web browser could have! :d

drudge reads ron paul forums!

Krugerrand
06-30-2010, 11:52 AM
First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they attack you, then you win.

FEC Attempts to Shut Down Campaign for Liberty
http://www.infowars.com/fec-attempts-to-shut-down-campaign-for-liberty/

Your post reminded me of a Gandhi post I made a couple months ago:
Gandhi ties freedom living to the freedom revolution (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=241094)

Here's another good piece:

What Gandhi was looking for was what he called swaraj and swadeshi. These two terms taken together represent the type of society that Gandhi was looking for. Swaraj, very badly translates as independence/autonomy/home rule/self rule. Swadeshi can be translated as self-sufficiency or self-reliance.

Swaraj for Gandhi was not simply a question of ousting the British from India and declaring independence. What it implied was a wholly different type of society. He did not want the British to be replaced by Indians doing exactly the same. If that was all they achieved, they would not have achieved true freedom but merely the same type of government run by a different set of men. He wanted the value system and life style of the British Raj to be done away with and totally replaced by a simpler, more spiritual, communal life. This new type of society, reflecting the old values of pre-colonial days, was to be based on the village. He stated that:

[I]ndependence must begin at the bottom. Thus every village will be a republic ... having full powers. It follows, therefore, that every village has to be self-sustained and capable of managing its affairs. Thus, ultimately, it is the individual who is the unit. This does not exclude dependence on and willing help from neighbours or from the world... In this structure composed of innumerable villages, there will be ever-widening, never-ascending circles. Life will not be a pyramid with the apex sustained by the bottom.
http://www.infed.org/thinkers/et-gand.htm

dannno
06-30-2010, 12:12 PM
actually, greenspan never got a phd. His honourary doctorate was awarded later for political reasons. (he had been a nixon speech-writer). But never mind.

lol!!