PDA

View Full Version : Appeals panel considers whether Obama is even American

lynnf
06-30-2010, 02:52 AM
http://www.wnd.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=172889

Three judges on the 3rd U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals are beginning to review a case that alleges Barack Obama is not eligible to be president – in fact, he may not even be American.

lynnf
06-30-2010, 06:26 PM
one of the first stories on Apuzzo's case......

http://www.wnd.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=88566

A lawsuit that accuses Congress of failing to investigate President Obama's birthplace before approving the Electoral College vote giving him the presidency has been amended to include additional claims of rights violations, including unequal treatment, because Congress did such an investigation into GOP candidate Sen. John McCain.

That word comes from Mario Apuzzo, the lawyer handling the case on which WND previously has reported.

silus
06-30-2010, 07:01 PM
I don't see how an American mother can give birth to a non-American child.

JeNNiF00F00
06-30-2010, 07:27 PM

Stop Making Cents
06-30-2010, 07:28 PM
several points -

- if he was a dual citizen at birth, then he can not be a 'natural born citizen' (even though he may be a 'citizen', being a citizen is not the same as being a 'natural born citizen')

- I believe according to the laws at the time, his mother was too young to pass on citizenship to obama if he was not born in hawaii.

- He may well have become a citizen of Indonesia while growing up and being adopted by his Indonesian step father.

There's a lot we don't know about this clown, but something definitely stinks. :eek:

Koz
06-30-2010, 07:30 PM
I don't see how an American mother can give birth to a non-American child.

I concur. He is automatically a US Citizen if his mother was a US Citizen. Am I missing something??

silus
06-30-2010, 08:19 PM
Well, I can see it if one has been raised in other countries, and has no solid foundation with Americanism on the homeland. Its also like saying, I dont see how an African father, can father a non African child :) Works both ways.
It does work both ways, but the conclusion is still the same. Some people, like yourself, just have no concept of a person being of two races or two nationalities or two cultures. Thats your own fault. But honestly your argument was dead in the water once you tried to use your simple opinion to define what it is to be from this country. "Americanism..."? You can't pull things out of your ass when it comes to a topic so significant.

HOLLYWOOD
06-30-2010, 08:35 PM
It works both ways.... but my bet is on a stick of Mentos Breath Mints for the 3rd District Court.

Stop Making Cents
06-30-2010, 08:52 PM
I concur. He is automatically a US Citizen if his mother was a US Citizen. Am I missing something??

Yes, you are. Citizenship is not the same thing as 'natural born citizenship'. The Constitution clearly places extra emphasis on the President being 'natural born' instead of saying he just needs to be a citizen. The general understanding at the time of the constitution is that a natural born citizen was a child born to TWO citizen parents.

Stop Making Cents
06-30-2010, 09:01 PM
Furthermore, the laws of citizenship at the time of his birth require at least one parent to be a an adult American citizen for the previous 3 years, and his mother was only 18 or so at the time and too young to pass on citizenship to her child if he was born outside the U.S.

And of course, obama's own grandmother says he was born in kenya. She must be a birther too ;):rolleyes:

Oh, and then there's Tim Adams, a Senior Elections clerk in Hawaii (and liberal that voted for Obama) that says Obama was not born in Hawaii - see the interview for yourself:

YouTube - Tim Adams, former Senior Elections Clerk for Honolulu, Says Barack Obama was Not Born in Hawaii (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WcZBpWl1wo4)

I guess that makes him a birther too :rolleyes:

Stop Making Cents
06-30-2010, 09:06 PM
Critics also raise the circumstances of Obama's time during his youth in Indonesia, where he was listed as having Indonesian citizenship. Indonesia does not allow dual citizenship, raising the possibility of Obama's mother having given up his U.S. citizenship.

Any subsequent U.S. citizenship then, the case claims, would be "naturalized," not "natural-born."

silus
06-30-2010, 09:14 PM
This birther issue is like the truther issue. If thats what you believe, go for it, but this website should be focused on supporting the many many issues Ron Paul emphasizes. He talks about changing the entire fundamental structure of government. You talk about removing an exchangeable part. Not criticizing, but this forum bears his name and so we should honor that by focusing on his message. But many seem to be unsatisfied with just focusing on what RP talks about, which is just fucking sad.

Koz
06-30-2010, 09:21 PM
Thanks for clarifying, I had no idea.

JeNNiF00F00
06-30-2010, 09:36 PM

Stop Making Cents
06-30-2010, 09:39 PM
This birther issue is like the truther issue. If thats what you believe, go for it, but this website should be focused on supporting the many many issues Ron Paul emphasizes. He talks about changing the entire fundamental structure of government. You talk about removing an exchangeable part. Not criticizing, but this forum bears his name and so we should honor that by focusing on his message. But many seem to be unsatisfied with just focusing on what RP talks about, which is just fucking sad.

The problem is that it all boils down to the shredding of the Constitution. Do you believe in the Constitution or not? The Constitution says the President MUST be a natural born citizen, yet no one is allowed to inquire about it? If that part of the Constitution can be ignored, what other parts can be ignored? free speech? 2nd Amendment, jury trials? What part of the Constitution would you like taken away next? :confused:

Stop Making Cents
06-30-2010, 09:39 PM
Thats fucking retarded. Your original quote has little meaning, because it makes no difference how you look at it. Thats all I was pointing out. You however turn this into something else and come out looking like nothing but an asshole. I personally can care less where the fuck the man was born.

Then you could care less about the Constitution.;)

Dr.3D
06-30-2010, 09:43 PM
Then you could care less about the Constitution.;)

Actually, there is a pretty great number of people in these forums who don't want us to have a constitution or a government for that matter.

silus
06-30-2010, 09:49 PM
The problem is that it all boils down to the shredding of the Constitution. Do you believe in the Constitution or not? The Constitution says the President MUST be a natural born citizen, yet no one is allowed to inquire about it? If that part of the Constitution can be ignored, what other parts can be ignored? free speech? 2nd Amendment, jury trials? What part of the Constitution would you like taken away next? :confused:
WTF? Why don't you ask Ron Paul that question. What part of the constitution is he for since he doesn't bother with this issue? Read my previous post again and focus on the word "emphasize." Ron Paul emphasizes fundamental change and solutions for the long term. You emphasize the fastest way to make Biden president.

Stop Making Cents
06-30-2010, 09:53 PM
WTF? Why don't you ask Ron Paul that question. What part of the constitution is he for since he doesn't bother with this issue? Read my previous post again and focus on the word "emphasize." Ron Paul emphasizes fundamental change and solutions for the long term. You emphasize the fastest way to make Biden president.

If you don't see the problem with having a foreigner usurp the office of the Presidency, then there's not much i can say to bring you to your senses.;)

JeNNiF00F00
06-30-2010, 10:00 PM

JeNNiF00F00
06-30-2010, 10:02 PM

Dr.3D
06-30-2010, 10:04 PM
I'm on the fence on that one. The longer I spend time here the further out there I go.

Yeah, I know... it's getting hard to believe our government could actually return to the constitution. It's beginning to look like government is just a bunch of smoke and mirrors.

Stop Making Cents
06-30-2010, 10:07 PM
You are out of line sir.

but calling me an ahole is very sophisticated :cool:

Try learning some manners

JeNNiF00F00
06-30-2010, 10:10 PM

JeNNiF00F00
06-30-2010, 10:13 PM

Stop Making Cents
06-30-2010, 10:15 PM
Are you high? I never called you an asshole, and I never have prided myself as a lady. I tell it like it is. Don't like it then get out the way!

Gee let me guess - you're still single :rolleyes:

JeNNiF00F00
06-30-2010, 10:30 PM

Dr.3D
06-30-2010, 10:30 PM
Thats fucking retarded. Your original quote has little meaning, because it makes no difference how you look at it. Thats all I was pointing out. You however turn this into something else and come out looking like nothing but an asshole. I personally can care less where the fuck the man was born.

but calling me an ahole is very sophisticated :cool:

Try learning some manners

There is a big difference between "looking like and asshole" and being one.
She didn't call you an asshole......