PDA

View Full Version : Dr. Dan says he 'is not taking a position' in the race between Rand Paul and Conway

sailingaway
06-29-2010, 08:45 PM
http://bluegrasspolitics.bloginky.com/2010/06/29/mongiardo-says-hes-not-planning-to-run-for-governor/

" Lt. Gov. Daniel Mongiardo said Tuesday that he is “not taking a position” in the U.S. Senate race between Democrat Jack Conway and Republican Rand Paul.

“I have spoken with Jack Conway the week after election day and haven’t heard from him since,” Mongiardo said Tuesday night before speaking at the Community Action Council’s Poverty Forum in downtown Lexington.

Mongiardo, a physician from Hazard, was defeated by Conway in the Democratic primary last month by less than 1 percentage point.

Mongiardo also said he is not making plans for a gubernatorial run next year.

“I just got out of a heated campaign. The last thing on my mind is another campaign,” Mongiardo said.

Gov. Steve Beshear plans to seek a second term in 2011, but he has chosen Louisville Mayor Jerry Abramson as his running mate because Mongiardo entered the race for the U.S. Senate seat now held by retiring Sen. Jim Bunning, R-Southgate."

MRoCkEd
06-29-2010, 08:52 PM
How epic would it be if he endorsed Rand? :p

He should, considering they both are pro-life and oppose Cap and Trade unlike Jack...

Jeremy
06-29-2010, 09:04 PM

He should, considering they both are pro-life and oppose Cap and Trade unlike Jack...

not gonna happen

MRoCkEd
06-29-2010, 09:05 PM
not gonna happen
People said that about Palin!

low preference guy
06-29-2010, 09:07 PM
this is the best news for Rand since the general election campaign started.

Jeremy
06-29-2010, 09:08 PM
People said that about Palin!

Republican

(and i didn't)

TheDriver
06-29-2010, 09:20 PM
Mongiardo should have been their nominee but groups like moveon.org and Wendell "****** rich" (http://capitalistbanner.com/2010/06/29/is-jack-conway-campaigning-with-a-racist/) Ford tilted the scales against the country doctor from Hazard. I'd be pissed too!

sailingaway
06-29-2010, 09:31 PM
I don't expect him to endorse against his party. But I can see why he has no reason to endorse Connie, as well.

BamaFanNKy
06-29-2010, 09:33 PM
So, Dr. Dan doesn't want to stand with the guy supported by Environmentalist Lawyers, Not so closet racists and Gay/Transgender Rights advocates?

Shocked.

Fozz
06-30-2010, 07:08 AM

And they are both physicians while Jack is a tort lawyer.

amisspelledword
06-30-2010, 09:37 AM
And they are both physicians while Jack is a tort lawyer.

jack was a tort lawyer?

TheDriver
06-30-2010, 10:15 AM
I'm not seeing this reported much.

The media has that unopened Ken Doll in the vault at Ft. Knox.

Matt Collins
06-30-2010, 10:19 AM
It's probably against his party bylaws to endorse a Republican (at least if he ever wants to hold another office in KY again). But the fact that he isn't endorsing Connman is an implied endorsement for Rand!