PDA

View Full Version : AP Says Conway is a "proven fundraiser."

bobbyw24
06-29-2010, 11:41 AM
The showing was far from Paul's best since he entered the race last year. He had raised more than $1.2 million in a series of Web-based fundraisers during the GOP primary. The largest of the three, held in August, netted more than $400,000 in a 24-hour period.

Paul faces Democrat Jack Conway in the race to replace retiring U.S. Sen. Jim Bunning. Conway is Kentucky's attorney general and a proven fundraiser.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5gQDJZWWxqciDeD6NXa1ZGr3yKIFgD9GL0KGG2

sailingaway
06-29-2010, 01:32 PM
Yeah, I saw that. They miss that Rand raised the same as Conway in the primary WITHOUT loaning his own campaign personal money.

They also miss that this money bomb raised close to twice as much as the last money bomb of the primary -- which preceded by only a short period Rand's winning the primary by 23 points.

aclove
06-29-2010, 02:17 PM
I'm sure this has been said before, but the fact is that Rand is through getting favorable press coverage outside of Fox News. Before, he was a curiousity and a threat to the GOP establishment. Now he's a threat to the Obama Administration and the status quo. The AP, Washington Post, New York Times, and all the other mainstream press organizations that pretend neutrality will attack him openly from now until he wins, and probably after that, too. There's no use getting all in a tizzy every time they spin or distort. It's their stock in trade.

jkr
06-29-2010, 02:21 PM
A "proven" $ellout"?

is that a virtue now?
hahahahahahaha, have fun trying to spin that one to the people of the Commonwealth!

TheDriver
06-29-2010, 02:30 PM
He's run one congressional race and one state-wide ag race and won a state-wide senate primary.. I can't dispute that he is a proven fundraiser.

He has also proven if he didn't have enough money, he'll just loan himself money. That's proven (in the bank) fundraising. :p

Bruno
06-29-2010, 02:34 PM
Sounds like he is more of a "fundshifter" than a fundraiser.