PDA

View Full Version : Government and media conspire to keeps us scared?

teacherone
06-29-2010, 05:07 AM
I found this original post at ABT to be quite prescient.

What do you think?

The Mass Media like to get the teeth into a subject and shake it to death... they want every last morsel of juice before they let it go... Why? It makes money and fits an agenda... Either a Government agenda or a corporate one (i guess depending on who happens to be linning the pockets that week)

Dog Attacks, Paedophiles, Terrorists, Killer foxes, Illegal Immigrants etc...

All these stories over reported and sensationalised to make us think that we are living in an extremely dangerous world and the only way to survive is for the glorious powers that be to provide us with more protection... more Laws, More Cameras, ID Cards, Internet monitoring, phone tapping... Less freedom!!

It’s ALL Rubbish!!!

But people buy into it... and not only that, when they do experience an event that has been reported in the paper, they do not see it for what it is... for we have lost the ability to put things into context. Instead, we scream from the rooftops about the injustice and how we are "As Mad as hell"

Like idiotic brainwashed drones we then go screaming to the politicians for "Change" and "demand action to stop this" Feeling smug with ourselves that we have “shown them we won’t stand for it”

And how the politicians must be laughing, as we then demand the very things that they want but could never have suggested in the first place!!

Suckers all of us...

But the worse thing about this is... most of the people i explain this too, while reading a paper, nod in agreement “yeah i know what you mean” they say... Only to then say...

“wow you seen what’s on page 8? Apparently, Illegal Immigrant Paedophile terrorist dogs have been attacking war heroes... we gottta do something about this... what is the world coming to?”

sevin
06-29-2010, 05:17 AM
That post is exactly right. Just look how the media has used fear of terrorism to maintain support for a war that has lasted longer than the one in Vietnam.

MsDoodahs
06-29-2010, 09:16 AM
Control through Fear:

YouTube - V For Vendetta - 3 - Control Through Fear (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iu_30-8ZlmQ)

Travlyr
06-29-2010, 09:46 AM
I remember getting trained to fear in the 3rd grade. We would duck under our desks at the sound of an alarm for fear of nuclear attack. Now, Newt scares the hell out of me!

YouTube - Newt talks about the threat of a nuclear North Korea (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iNRg69gCFis&feature=player_embedded#)

Zippyjuan
06-29-2010, 12:55 PM
Poliltitians use fear all the time. They need to offer you protection from whatever it is that you fear- whether that is losing your job or being taken over by illegal aliens or attacked by terrorists- it is all selling fear. The media is more a reporter of it. Conservatives sell fear. Liberals sell fear. Libertarians sell fear. Racists sell fear. The John Birch society sells fear. And people buy it. It is easier to sell than something positive.

heavenlyboy34
06-29-2010, 12:59 PM
I agree with the OP article. The media and State establishment use fear tactics to keep the sheeple in line. I notice them exploiting fear all the time-and it works on many RPFers, I've noticed. :(

Zippyjuan
06-29-2010, 01:55 PM
There is a massive amount of fear in this forum. Nearly every thread reports something to be afraid of. There are lots of people who are manipulated by fear here.

purplechoe
06-29-2010, 07:14 PM
YouTube - Ron Paul - Politics of Fear (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UTau9zzK2bI)

FrankRep
06-29-2010, 07:37 PM
The Power of Nightmares

Viddler.com - The Power of Nightmares, Part 1 - "Baby, It's Cold Outside" - Uploaded by TomHansen (http://www.viddler.com/explore/TomHansen/videos/27/?advanced=64296d8b)

Krugerrand
06-30-2010, 07:13 AM
The media definitely uses fear ... but not as a conspiracy. They use it to make money. Even just fear of the next thunderstorm or snow storm keeps people tuned in through the next commercial break. That brings in $$$.

catdd
06-30-2010, 07:31 AM
Create fear in people then propose to make it go away - for a price.
Not much different than how the mafia operates the extortion racket.