PDA

View Full Version : DN! Pentagon Revives Peace Activist Spy Database

charrob
06-28-2010, 10:35 PM
DN! Pentagon Revives Peace Activist Spy Database:

Pentagon Revives Spy Database:

YouTube - DN! Pentagon Revives Peace Activist Spy Database (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=exxYqsoxhDY)

The Pentagon's spy unit has begun rebuilding a controversial database that was shut down three years ago after it was found to have been used to monitor US peace activists. The database, named TALON, included scores of reports on nonviolent demonstrations and antiwar rallies. Targets included Quaker and church groups, organizers of "Don't Ask, Don't Tell" protests, and student activists mobilizing against the Iraq war. The Defense Intelligence Agency has filed notice it wants to effectively revive TALON and rename it Foreign Intelligence and Counterintelligence Operation Records, with the purpose of tracking terror threats. The Washington Post reports the new database will likely inherit TALON's records.

charrob
06-29-2010, 10:28 AM
bump

Aratus
06-29-2010, 11:07 AM
freedom of speech

Tenbatsu
06-29-2010, 11:33 AM
This is not surprising as even the state police here in Maryland have infiltrated and documented the members of the large anti-war protest groups in this state. That doesn't mean I'm not angry, I am, but like all of the news that comes out every hour of every day - what do we do about it?

Anger is obviously not enough to change this system and peaceful protest is even more futile. Attempting to change the establishment through the allowed means (democratic elections) borders on insanity. The powers that be are increasing the frequency of their incrementalist tactics to the point that in a few years they will have us completely subjugated and micromanaged like the slaves that we have allowed ourselves to become. I do not see any hope of changing the system peacefully or by other means. They control the media, the money, the military and police, the food supply, and our energy resources. How can you beat an opponent that already has you in check mate?

charrob
06-29-2010, 11:45 AM
This is not surprising as even the state police here in Maryland have infiltrated and documented the members of the large anti-war protest groups in this state. That doesn't mean I'm not angry, I am, but like all of the news that comes out every hour of every day - what do we do about it?

Anger is obviously not enough to change this system and peaceful protest is even more futile. Attempting to change the establishment through the allowed means (democratic elections) borders on insanity. The powers that be are increasing the frequency of their incrementalist tactics to the point that in a few years they will have us completely subjugated and micromanaged like the slaves that we have allowed ourselves to become. I do not see any hope of changing the system peacefully or by other means. They control the media, the money, the military and police, the food supply, and our energy resources. How can you beat an opponent that already has you in check mate?

wow-- that was really well said.

this is worrisome; i am in Maryland and have attended the Ron Paul Rev. March in 2008 and the pro-peace march this past March in D.C. I've never given my name but just showed up to these events-- i just wonder, how could anyone get my name?

GunnyFreedom
06-29-2010, 11:50 AM

You give them enough rope to hang themselves so that we can step in over their dead body and start doing it right.