PDA

View Full Version : Flipping Racial Minorities The Byrd

Flash
06-28-2010, 08:04 PM
A racist- the joke goes- is a Republican winning an argument with a Democrat. Indeed, social progressives shoot down any preference for less government and more liberty as racially-motivated. Think the government is spending too much money? Then you must be a racist. Oppose fascist medicine? Racist. Attend a Tea Party? Those were just a visceral reaction to the election of our country's first black president... because most Americans- especially the kind that watch Fox News- are racists.

Cross posted from: Young Americans for Liberty

The MSNBC crowd acts as if anyone who disagrees with their fiscal policy or jurisprudence must have a white hood in their closet, but the recent death of U.S. Senator and former KKK member Robert Byrd- a Democrat- highlights the truth about racism and partisan politics in the United States. As Scott Johnson notes in an article at The Power Line Blog, the Democratic Party has its own long and ugly history "as the party of slavery, segregation, and opposition to the equal treatment of blacks," a history, I would add, that Democrats are all too willing to quietly sweep under the rug.

To read Robert Byrd's shining tribute in the New York Times and compare it to the same journalist's treatment of Strom Thurmond at his death seven years earlier is to witness a major league spectacle of leftist racial hypocrisy at work. The 2003 article was entitled, "Strom Thurmond, Foe of Integration, Dies at 100," characterizing the Republican by his opposition to Federally-mandated racial integration of public schools, but the 2010 article was entitled, "Robert Byrd, Respected Voice of the Senate, Dies at 92."

The same columnist at the same newspaper makes no mention in his title of Senator Byrd's membership in a white supremacist group known for its organized campaign of domestic terrorism against blacks, or his leadership role in it as an "Exalted Cyclops" who organized a "klavern" of 150 members, or his filibustering of the 1964 Civil Rights Act as a U.S. Senator. How much money would you be willing to bet that if Senator Byrd had an (R) next to his name, that his article would have been entitled, "Robert Byrd, Former Klansman and Civil Rights Opponent, Dies at 92"?

Continued here:
http://www.humblelibertarian.com/2010/06/flipping-racial-minorities-byrd.html

tremendoustie
06-28-2010, 08:27 PM
I'm not sure I understand. Are they saying somebody read the NY times? Do they have any hard evidence?

BlackTerrel
06-28-2010, 09:31 PM
I'm not sure I understand. Are they saying somebody read the NY times? Do they have any hard evidence?

Hahaha... perfect :D

Epic
06-28-2010, 09:42 PM
To read Robert Byrd's shining tribute in the New York Times and compare it to the same journalist's treatment of Strom Thurmond at his death seven years earlier is to witness a major league spectacle of leftist racial hypocrisy at work. The 2003 article was entitled, "Strom Thurmond, Foe of Integration, Dies at 100," characterizing the Republican by his opposition to Federally-mandated racial integration of public schools, but the 2010 article was entitled, "Robert Byrd, Respected Voice of the Senate, Dies at 92."

Doesn't this say it all?

michaelwise
06-28-2010, 09:52 PM
Ding dong the witch is dead the witch is dead, ding dong the wicked witch is dead. Thank God the wicked witch is dead.

Aratus
06-29-2010, 09:42 AM
folks... Senator Strom Thurmond after the incrediably suspicious 1970s shooting of George Wallace
by the quietly paid Bremer dude had questioned his own Seperatist and terribly Dixicrat philosophy
of life. you could say he had a John Harlan of kentuckly epiphany when he joined Honest Abe's
party. i admit some 'yellow dog' democrats turned blue along with him. i do admit that if young
Mitch mcConnell in 1964 was backing Henry Cabot Lodge Junior, he was not at all bigotted. i do admit
that to my knowledge i see that Robert C. Byrd was a very close friend of Teddy Kennedy and as
the W.Va senator got older, the rarified distance between ole Senator Byrd an' Sen. Ted shrank.
like Supreme Court justices HUGO BLACK and JOHN HARLAN, Robert Byrd looked full at Reconstruction
and then walked away from the 1940s era organization that said it was like the organiZation that
tacitly ejected Andy Johnson from the presidency by their actions, the same group POTUS U.S Grant tried to
to have his military people hunt down. Senator Byrd had talked of his younger self as being an opportunist.

Aratus
06-29-2010, 09:59 AM
in total fariness to myself... i have been asking for several months if we all know W.Va rEVOLUTIOn people
and/or some THIRD PARTY folks or "blue dog" Democrats who can run for any OPEN senate seat. i was not
calling the ranking senator a "witch" or worse or even being morbidly speculative. i was only pointing out
how LONG the heroic first wave veteran of D-Day who was also a Georgia senator LIVED! indeed, methinks
the thought had occured to me a few months back that even if robert byrd made it to his re-election in 2012,
perhaps he might have humoured the idea of stepping down rather than running in 2016. oh do call me NORTH
of the Mason-Dixon line in this, for being almost at a very JQA "auld man eloquent" point when assuming some
bodily infirmities could slow down a RANKING southern senator to the degree where he would feel the urge
to retire from office rather than what has truely happened! (i do trust there are no 'conspiracy theories' at all.)