PDA

View Full Version : An Open Letter to Politicians (and cops) - You're pushing the breaking point.

Anti Federalist
06-28-2010, 04:22 PM
Not possible to agree more with this article.

A letter of warning that will, sadly, go unheeded, more than likely.

An Open Letter to Politicians

28 June 2010
by Mark R. Crovelli
http://www.lewrockwell.com/crovelli/mark.jpg

Whenever revolutionary change appears in the world, whether for good or for ill, there are always certain groups of people who fail or refuse to recognize how much things have truly changed. One can find many examples of this phenomenon in the business world, when entrepreneurs who fail to appreciate new market conditions get tossed aside by their competitors before they even know what hit them. By the time they realize that they have made serious forecasting errors, it is often far too late for them to catch up. Similar examples abound in the academic and athletic worlds, where scholars and coaches who fail to appreciate radically new conditions in their disciplines or sports find themselves quickly surpassed by their rivals and colleagues.

A similar situation appears in the realm of law enforcement in the United States, because police officers and their political bosses seem to be oblivious to the fact that the American economic and political landscape has profoundly changed over the last three years. They continue to humiliate, bully, assault, taser, jail, and shoot Americans (and their dogs) as though the American populace will forever tolerate such abuses. Police officers strut around cities and towns barking orders at people as though nothing in the world could ever take away their ability to intimidate and demean. Similarly, politicians and police chiefs continue to defend their officers’ actions, no matter how barbarically or blatantly they may have misbehaved.

In so doing, these police officers and politicians are demonstrating their inability or refusal to recognize how much America has changed.

It is important for these police officers to quickly recognize that the United States is no longer populated primarily with happy, rich people unconcerned with the world outside their new houses and cars. All of that was washed away in the explosion of the Federal Reserve’s credit bubbles, beginning in 2007. Now, Americans have been finally forced to recognize that they are not even close to being as rich or as happy as they thought they were. Many have lost their homes, and still more will lose their homes. Many have lost their jobs, and still more will lose their jobs. Many have found that their college educations are worthless, and still more will learn this lesson. Many have lost a son or a brother or a husband in a pointless war, and still more will lose their husbands, fathers, and sons. Many have lost their life savings, and so will many more. In other words, a huge and growing number of Americans are homeless, jobless, fatherless, poor, and angry. They have a lot less to lose than they did before. These are not people amenable to being humiliated, bullied, assaulted, tasered, or shot.

Americans are not in the mood for this kind of shit right now.

The effects of the actions of brazen and clueless police officers are compounded by the fact that there are not that many of them in the United States relative to the rest of the population. There’s a reason they are referred to as the thin blue line. As such, they must recognize the revolutionary changes that have occurred over the past three years, and not provoke a group of people that far, far outnumbers them. It was one thing for police officers to beat and shoot Americans when the vast majority of them were too distracted by their new houses and IKEA furniture to notice, but all of the distractions are now gone, and many of these people are angry and devoid of hope. There must not be violence from "ordinary" Americans, who are, after all, armed, nor against them.

Police officers need to shed their arrogant self-assurance that the American people will always tolerate being humiliated, beaten, assaulted, tasered, or shot by a tiny group of people with badges. There is a breaking point for all people, and it is foolish beyond belief to toy with that breakingpoint. Police officers, stop courting disaster for America. Join the civilized world where we don’t humiliate, beat, assault, taser, and shoot other human beings.

http://www.lewrockwell.com/crovelli/crovelli47.1.html

Anti Federalist
06-28-2010, 04:24 PM
Shameless five star self rating

Philhelm
06-28-2010, 04:33 PM
The only problem is that I don't know if enough Americans have been effected, or even care at all. Certainly, more people are becoming discontent with the state of things, but I doubt that they even realize who the true cause of their misery is. All the same, I hope we have a day of reckoning.

awake
06-28-2010, 04:38 PM
As long as the paychecks don't bounce you can count on the military police getting worse. When police, describe the people who pay them as "civilians", you have a failure of understanding of the role of protection and security in civil society.

*When Obama's predators hit the skys over the USA you will be in no different situation than Iraq- controlled prisoners in your own country.

dannno
06-28-2010, 04:38 PM
IKEA makes an ice cube tray that makes cylindrical cubes which you can put into a water bottle.

If you cut a straw the right length, plug up the ends with clay and put them in the tray with the water you can make an ice cube straw.

Then you can sip cold lemonade through an ice cube straw and pretend you are still in your 3,800 square foot house with granite counter top kitchen and pretend we aren't killing innocent people thousands of miles away.

heavenlyboy34
06-28-2010, 04:58 PM
IKEA makes an ice cube tray that makes cylindrical cubes which you can put into a water bottle.

If you cut a straw the right length, plug up the ends with clay and put them in the tray with the water you can make an ice cube straw.

Then you can sip cold lemonade through an ice cube straw and pretend you are still in your 3,800 square foot house with granite counter top kitchen and pretend we aren't killing innocent people thousands of miles away.

Nicely said! :cool::(

awake
06-28-2010, 05:01 PM
It is going to end...Ron Paul has said it many times ...Severe austerity measures will end the nonsense. Just make sure the right idea is at the right place at the right time - Liberty.

tremendoustie
06-28-2010, 05:22 PM

Excellently said. I'm not sure why, but I found this very profound.

Edit: I think it's almost Douglas Adamsesque -- a long description, then turn the tables at the end.

awake
06-28-2010, 05:30 PM
"We" is much to broad. If a thief mugged you , took the money, bought a gun and killed other people, are the deaths your fault?

Let's keep the blame where it needs to be - most people, given the option, would not pay taxes.

tremendoustie
06-28-2010, 05:38 PM
"We" is much to broad. If a thief mugged you , took the money, bought a gun and killed other people, are the deaths your fault?

Let's keep the blame where it needs to be - most people, given the option, would not pay taxes.

True. But then, the taxes they're taking from you are used to this end. So, you are being used to enable these activities, albeit against your will.

I go back and forth on this. To use "we" can missasign guilt, as you recognize -- but I think it also makes people feel they have a responsibility to change things.

phill4paul
06-28-2010, 06:02 PM
A day of reckoning is soon at hand. In which state, city, community will it appear? That I don't know. I guarantee the police state will be the precursor.

fedup100
06-28-2010, 06:04 PM
you need to stick a dick up your nose and snort you stoopic lilly bitch mother fucka

Yo Bro, your on the wrong forum, the The Obama forum starts with a "O", take dat shittin ho talk wid u.

phill4paul
06-28-2010, 06:05 PM
Yo Bro, your on the wrong forum, the The Obama forum starts with a "O", take dat shittin ho talk wid u.

Don't feed.

fedup100
06-28-2010, 06:09 PM

28 June 2010
by Mark R. Crovelli

Whenever revolutionary change appears in the world, whether for good or for ill, there are always certain groups of people who fail or refuse to recognize how much things have truly changed. One can find many examples of this phenomenon in the business world, when entrepreneurs who fail to appreciate new market conditions get tossed aside by their competitors before they even know what hit them. By the time they realize that they have made serious forecasting errors, it is often far too late for them to catch up. Similar examples abound in the academic and athletic worlds, where scholars and coaches who fail to appreciate radically new conditions in their disciplines or sports find themselves quickly surpassed by their rivals and colleagues.

A similar situation appears in the realm of law enforcement in the United States, because police officers and their political bosses seem to be oblivious to the fact that the American economic and political landscape has profoundly changed over the last three years. They continue to humiliate, bully, assault, taser, jail, and shoot Americans (and their dogs) as though the American populace will forever tolerate such abuses. Police officers strut around cities and towns barking orders at people as though nothing in the world could ever take away their ability to intimidate and demean. Similarly, politicians and police chiefs continue to defend their officers’ actions, no matter how barbarically or blatantly they may have misbehaved.

In so doing, these police officers and politicians are demonstrating their inability or refusal to recognize how much America has changed.

It is important for these police officers to quickly recognize that the United States is no longer populated primarily with happy, rich people unconcerned with the world outside their new houses and cars. All of that was washed away in the explosion of the Federal Reserve’s credit bubbles, beginning in 2007. Now, Americans have been finally forced to recognize that they are not even close to being as rich or as happy as they thought they were. Many have lost their homes, and still more will lose their homes. Many have lost their jobs, and still more will lose their jobs. Many have found that their college educations are worthless, and still more will learn this lesson. Many have lost a son or a brother or a husband in a pointless war, and still more will lose their husbands, fathers, and sons. Many have lost their life savings, and so will many more. In other words, a huge and growing number of Americans are homeless, jobless, fatherless, poor, and angry. They have a lot less to lose than they did before. These are not people amenable to being humiliated, bullied, assaulted, tasered, or shot.

The effects of the actions of brazen and clueless police officers are compounded by the fact that there are not that many of them in the United States relative to the rest of the population. There’s a reason they are referred to as the thin blue line. As such, they must recognize the revolutionary changes that have occurred over the past three years, and not provoke a group of people that far, far outnumbers them. It was one thing for police officers to beat and shoot Americans when the vast majority of them were too distracted by their new houses and IKEA furniture to notice, but all of the distractions are now gone, and many of these people are angry and devoid of hope. There must not be violence from "ordinary" Americans, who are, after all, armed, nor against them.

Police officers need to shed their arrogant self-assurance that the American people will always tolerate being humiliated, beaten, assaulted, tasered, or shot by a tiny group of people with badges. There is a breaking point for all people, and it is foolish beyond belief to toy with that breakingpoint. Police officers, stop courting disaster for America. Join the civilized world where we don’t humiliate, beat, assault, taser, and shoot other human beings.

Thank you for this. I heard Michael Savage say something the other day and I finally understood that I wasn't the only one that feels this way. His quote went like:

“I know that myself and all that are listening to me right now are just one mistake away from a felony or arrest due to the multitude of unconstitutional laws on the books.

Most people have cloistered themselves at home, our lives are getting smaller each day for they are terrified of the police, the courts and their government, my friends they fear their country!”

This piece hits it home.

I know one thing Jerry and Joe Kane would agree with you if they weren't dead, killed by out of control murdering thugs called police.

This man had already seen his line in the sand and he showed these killing bastards what real men WILL do when they are pushed too hard and too far.

QueenB4Liberty
06-28-2010, 06:45 PM

But if you support taxes, then you are to blame.

fedup100
06-28-2010, 07:06 PM
I'm rick james bitch, enjoy yourself!

Your bastard who?

Anti Federalist
06-28-2010, 07:24 PM
Originally Posted by damiengwa
you need to stick a dick up your nose and snort you stoopic lilly bitch mother fucka

Originally Posted by damiengwa
I'm rick james bitch, enjoy yourself!

What the hell happened here?

RM918
06-28-2010, 07:50 PM
What the hell happened here?

The unfortunate side-effect of public schools producing bored teenagers with high-quality 'education', no doubt.

Anyway, unfortunately the article above is extremely wrong. There is no 'we'. The perceived 'we' are not nearly angry enough yet, because the vast majority of them are still willing to express their 'rage' by just voting Republican - which, as we all know, will change nothing. A lot of people are frustrated, but frustrated is NOT pissed off. They haven't lost nearly enough yet to do that, since they're still fooled by war rhetoric and all the other crap the politicians are pulling up.

Anti Federalist
06-28-2010, 08:39 PM
The unfortunate side-effect of public schools producing bored teenagers with high-quality 'education', no doubt.

Yeah, no doubt.

Anyway, unfortunately the article above is extremely wrong. There is no 'we'. The perceived 'we' are not nearly angry enough yet, because the vast majority of them are still willing to express their 'rage' by just voting Republican - which, as we all know, will change nothing. A lot of people are frustrated, but frustrated is NOT pissed off. They haven't lost nearly enough yet to do that, since they're still fooled by war rhetoric and all the other crap the politicians are pulling up.

A valid point.

Let's say "I" then.

Because that is exactly how I feel.

osan
06-28-2010, 08:53 PM
It is going to end...Ron Paul has said it many times ...Severe austerity measures will end the nonsense. Just make sure the right idea is at the right place at the right time - Liberty.

Maybe. I hope you are right, but I am not optimistic at this time.

Never make the mistake of assuming that those in power are so stupid or so poisoned with hubris that they have lost their connection to truth. While this is possibly the case, I do not believe it is fact at this time. These at the core of the elite are not fools. They manipulate all manner of pawns including some of their own to achieve their ends. That said, my money would be on the belief that they have contingency plans every which way you could imagine, and a few that I'd bet you could not.

When enough of us arrive at the point of "no more", those in power will start playing the real cards - the unequivocal and unmistakable ones - the ones that eliminate the dissent permanently. I will not be at all surprised to see epidemics break out that kill by the tens of millions. If you were bent on universal hegemony and had every possible means at your disposal, do you think you would hesitate to use those means to achieve the end? A game is being carefully played here, all appearances to the contrary notwithstanding. As I have mentioned several times, these people are playing for keeps and they hold every advantage, save sheer numbers. The real question is whether their lever arms are long enough to offset the advantage our numbers offers. I suspect that the margin is thin either way. What that means is that the fight is going to hurt a lot, even if freedom wins.

The times are historic and interesting.

Brooklyn Red Leg
06-29-2010, 08:41 AM

28 June 2010
by Mark R. Crovelli

+1776!

BTW, found out an interesting fact (well, sick fact, interesting in how it could even be applied) but its now considered ILLEGAL to panhandle in Pinellas County, Florida. Yep, they can now arrest your ass if you're on a street corner and have a homemade sign say 'Homeless and unemployed! God Bless!' I have to wonder just what kind of dumbass county official thought it prudent to start throwing people in the county slammer for being, that's right, HOMELESS and POOR (well, assuming that the person panhandling is actually poor).

So, its now considered illegal to have Freedom of Speech and Freedom to Peacefully Assemble (1st & 9th Amendments) in Pinellas County, Florida.

constituent
06-29-2010, 08:49 AM
Somebody hires the cops... just sayin'

Is he haunting his city council members yet?

People get so focused on the national races, politics, etc. that they
forget that it is real people in their hometowns screwing them over the most.

Anti Federalist
06-29-2010, 12:42 PM
Quoted every month in Easyriders back in the day:

"The law, in its majestic equality, forbids rich and poor alike to sleep under bridges, to beg in the streets, and to steal their bread." - Anatole France

+1776!

BTW, found out an interesting fact (well, sick fact, interesting in how it could even be applied) but its now considered ILLEGAL to panhandle in Pinellas County, Florida. Yep, they can now arrest your ass if you're on a street corner and have a homemade sign say 'Homeless and unemployed! God Bless!' I have to wonder just what kind of dumbass county official thought it prudent to start throwing people in the county slammer for being, that's right, HOMELESS and POOR (well, assuming that the person panhandling is actually poor).

So, its now considered illegal to have Freedom of Speech and Freedom to Peacefully Assemble (1st & 9th Amendments) in Pinellas County, Florida.

brandon
06-29-2010, 01:09 PM
posted to my facebook. I got a couple cops on my friends list who should read this

Anti Federalist
06-30-2010, 03:33 PM
///