PDA

View Full Version : Colebrook Selectman Larry Rappaport Endorses Paul!

Trassin
10-14-2007, 10:11 AM
http://www.thenewhampshireprimary.com/news/2007_10_10_news_press4.html

CONCORD, NEW HAMPSHIRE – The Ron Paul Campaign proudly announced today the endorsement of Colebrook Selectman Larry Rappaport.

"After watching the debates and considering all the options," Mr. Rappaport said, "I can only whole-heartedly endorse Congressman Ron Paul. He says what he thinks, and he knows that our constitution-based government is supposed to serve the people—not large corporations. He does not believe that the U.S. can or should solve all of the world's problems."

Mr. Rappaport continued, "As an international consultant, I'm well aware of the difference between individual, free-market economics and corporate interests. Dr. Paul is the only candidate who truly understands that distinction, and I believe his administration would allow small businesses to flourish, maintaining security and respect for individual rights while working to repair our image in the world."

Larry Rappaport is the Chairman of the Colebrook Board of Selectmen, where he sits in his second term. A 35-year resident of the town, he is Vice President of the Colebrook Development Corporation, where he served as Project Manager bringing broadband Internet access to the town this year. Mr. Rappaport also sits on the board of the Arts Alliance of Northern New Hampshire.

torchbearer
10-14-2007, 10:15 AM
Is this guy well known through-out NH?

0zzy
10-14-2007, 11:03 AM
Google cant find him!

steph3n
10-14-2007, 11:14 AM
not a good sign for it being a big endorsement :D

ThePieSwindler
10-14-2007, 11:17 AM
he has political clout in new hampshire. That is of major importance.

skiingff
10-14-2007, 11:20 AM
Colebrook is a town in Coos County, New Hampshire, United States. The population was 2,321 at the 2000 census. Situated in the Great North Woods Region, it is bounded on the west by the Connecticut River, and home to Beaver Brook Falls Natural Area in the northwest. Colebrook includes the villages of Kidderville, Upper Kidderville and Factory Village. From Wikipedia.

Trassin
10-14-2007, 11:34 AM
he has political clout in new hampshire. That is of major importance.

Yes. It also raises Ron Paul's status among other small towns in the area.

SwordOfShannarah
10-14-2007, 12:38 PM
Yes. It also raises Ron Paul's status among other small towns in the area.

Agreed- that's mostly what New Hampshire is. Concord? Manchester? Cities?? haha- they call it ManchVegas as a big joke. Don't get me wrong, New Hampshire people don't really like big cities, and being from there (moving back there this month) I understand why.

So yeah- this "little" splash is going to have a lot of ripples. 2,500 or so is actually pretty big for many parts of the state. Local papers will report it and it will get people thinking. Great news!!

bbachtung
10-14-2007, 03:36 PM
Selectmen (and individuals) have a lot more power in NH than in other states. Local control still remains important in NH, with town hall meetings being the means through which budgets are passed each year in all but the "biggest" cities (individuals can move to strike specific spending proposals from the budget and if a majority of individuals there agree, then it is out -- it is a bit like a line-item veto).

RP4ME
10-14-2007, 03:52 PM
We love him then!!!!!! We should send him flowers or a good bottle of scotch!

ForLibertyFight
10-14-2007, 03:56 PM
i'll take it

inibo
10-14-2007, 06:01 PM
Google cant find him!

Sure it can. (http://www.google.com/search?q=Selectman+Larry+Rappaport)

The story has been picked up by the Boston Globe (http://www.boston.com/news/local/politics/primarysource/2007/10/colebrook_selec.html) and the Concord Monitor. (http://www.cmonitor.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20071014/OPINION/710140384)

NH4RonPaul
11-12-2007, 02:58 PM
Too bad Pinhead, I mean, Pindell had to cast aspersions on this.

There are MANY state legislators and town officials supporting Ron... contrary to popular knowledge.

This is why a list of endorsements is needed on the website..