PDA

View Full Version : Club for Growth Endorses Justin Amash!!

biles1234
06-28-2010, 10:50 AM
This is a huge endorsement. Justin is in good company, look at these names

http://clubforgrowth.org/endorsedcandidates/

WASHINGTON – Club for Growth PAC has announced its endorsement of state legislator Justin Amash in the race to represent Michigan’s third congressional district.

“Justin Amash is a name pro-growth conservatives are going to hear and know for a long time,” said Club President Chris Chocola. “Amash epitomizes a new breed of limited government conservatives committed to breaking Washington’s addiction to deficits and debt, and freeing a rising, entrepreneurial generation to rescue our economy and our nation from political mismanagement.”

“In Lansing, Amash has fought against tax increases – even those supported by his fellow Republicans – and advocated for greater accountability and transparency, swearing off earmarks and even explaining his every legislative vote on his Facebook page. His election to Congress would not only mark a philosophical victory for those who believe in limited government and economic growth, but a cultural victory for those who believe in straight-forward, transparent democracy.”

Amash is the 13th candidate Club for Growth PAC has endorsed in the 2010 election cycle. He joins Senators Jim DeMint (S.C.) and Tom Coburn (Okla.), Congressman Tom Graves (GA-09), Senate candidates Sharron Angle (Nev.), Marco Rubio (Fla.) and Pat Toomey (Pa.), and House candidates Kevin Calvey (OK-05), Tim Huelskamp (KS-01), Mike Pompeo (KS-04), Robin Smith (TN-03), Jeff Duncan (SC-03), and Tim Scott (SC-01).

Kotin
06-28-2010, 10:51 AM
Good for him!!

MRoCkEd
06-28-2010, 11:23 AM
This is great news!
Let's hope they throw some serious money his way!

biles1234
06-28-2010, 11:26 AM
This is great news!
Let's hope they throw some serious money his way!

I know, I'm super excited.

Let's also hope the liberty movement wakes up ASAP and realizes that Justin Amash is the best shot at getting a liberty candidate in Congress and gives him the kind of support that he deserves!! All he has to do is win the primary!

Jordan
06-28-2010, 12:04 PM
I know, I'm super excited.

Let's also hope the liberty movement wakes up ASAP and realizes that Justin Amash is the best shot at getting a liberty candidate in Congress and gives him the kind of support that he deserves!! All he has to do is win the primary!

Is there no Dem challenger or is his district that heavily Republican?

Either way, huge victory here!

biles1234
06-28-2010, 12:07 PM
Justin is in a tough three-way race for the Republican nomination. His opponents are big government, establishment types Bill Hardiman and Steve Heacock. They are both well funded, but Justin has held his own thus far. The last poll, before Amash started running radio ads and sending mailers had him in 2nd place, a couple of points behind Bill Hardiman with 48% of voters undecided.

There will be a Democratic challenger, but Michigan's 3rd Congressional District is a conservative stronghold. Justin wins the primary and his general election victory is virtually written in stone.

Jordan
06-28-2010, 12:22 PM
Justin is in a tough three-way race for the Republican nomination. His opponents are big government, establishment types Bill Hardiman and Steve Heacock. They are both well funded, but Justin has held his own thus far. The last poll, before Amash started running radio ads and sending mailers had him in 2nd place, a couple of points behind Bill Hardiman with 48% of voters undecided.

There will be a Democratic challenger, but Michigan's 3rd Congressional District is a conservative stronghold. Justin wins the primary and his general election victory is virtually written in stone.

Thanks for the insight.

Count me in for moneybombs/whatever. I was really impressed with the videos of him and his state house voting record.

biles1234
06-28-2010, 12:48 PM
That's great Jordan. Justin is legit and the real deal. It's not a coincidence Ron Paul happens to love him. Club for Growth endorsement is great too. Just check out some of these recent news stories...

http://sltrib.com/sltrib/blogs/outofcontext/49813184-64/club-lee-victory-growth.html.csp
Club for Growth Takes Credit for Lee Victory in Utah

http://www.cqpolitics.com/wmspage.cfm?docid=news-000003689418&topic=Feature
Club for Growth Celebrates Record Wins So Far

And moneybomb preparations have been made for July 8th. RSVP to the Facebook event here and spread the word!

http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=108237519225643&ref=ts

MRoCkEd
07-04-2010, 08:54 AM
Article about it:
http://www.mlive.com/news/grand-rapids/index.ssf/2010/07/west_michigan_congressional_ca.html

Analysts said the endorsement could be a game-changer.

“This is one to keep an eye on,” said Rich Robinson, executive director of the Michigan Campaign Finance Network, a nonprofit watchdog. “They certainly can bring considerable money to bear.”

Club for Growth President Chris Chocola said Amash’s election would “mark a philosophical victory” for limited government and economic growth. Club spokesman Mike Connolly said money will follow.

“We will do whatever we can to help Justin Amash win this race,” Connolly said. “This guy is going to be a rock star the moment he is sworn in.”

biles1234
07-04-2010, 10:47 AM
The media is running scared. The Club for Growth article in the Grand Rapids Press was ridiculously biased against Amash, outside of the part you quoted. Another piece in the Press today tried to inject fear into the district's base by using some ambiguous citation to claim that Amash would lose the general election if he wins the primary.

As a resident of West Michigan, I can swear that is absolutely ridiculous. Obama's approval rating is 30% here and the seat has been held by a Republican for nearly half a century.

The establishment is running scared against Amash, who is gaining tons of support by the day and is in great position to win this seat with 30 days to go.

Let's not lose focus. For you liberty-lovers who have yet to support Justin, WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR?!

Candidates like this, who are extremely viable and electable while staying true to the principles of liberty, are "once in a generation!"

angelatc
07-04-2010, 12:43 PM
This is great news. Somehow I missed the announcement.

Cowlesy
07-18-2010, 08:19 AM
I got a nice mailer from Club for Growth raising money for Amash two days ago.

MRoCkEd
07-18-2010, 11:37 AM
I got a nice mailer from Club for Growth raising money for Amash two days ago.
Nice.
Hopefully they are dropping some serious dough in these final weeks!