PDA

View Full Version : Edward Burgess for WV Senate?

Elwar
06-28-2010, 07:42 AM
I haven't seen anyone chime in on a Ron Paul Republican that could replace Byrd so I did a quick search and about the only prominant person I could find is this guy:

http://www.campaignforliberty.com/profile.php?member=EdwardRBurgess

"2008 & 2010 Republican Candidate for the WV House of Delegates, 30th District (eastern & southern Kanawha County) ~ yes, i am a Republican, ya wanna fight about it?"

"introduced Texas Republican Congressman Dr. Ron Paul to the WV Republican Presidential Convention on Super Tuesday, where we won Delegates to the 2008 National Convention for Ron Paul."

Elwar
06-28-2010, 07:43 AM
What will most likely happen is one of the current Congress members will step up to the Senate race and we can fill a House seat.

MelissaWV
06-28-2010, 10:17 AM
What will most likely happen is one of the current Congress members will step up to the Senate race and we can fill a House seat.

Ed would be great, though I don't think he has the kind of statewide recognition to win such a closely-watched special election.

The idea is moot, though, because it will be an appointment.

South Park Fan
06-28-2010, 10:23 AM

Bingo. When Shelley Moore Capito steps down to challenge Joe Machin for the Senate seat, Burgess can run for the open House seat.

rich34
06-28-2010, 11:28 AM
Bingo. When Shelley Moore Capito steps down to challenge Joe Machin for the Senate seat, Burgess can run for the open House seat.

I'm a nobody, but when and if Capito goes for the senate seat I may just try to run for house. I'm 31 with no political ties, but I'm a diehard Paul supporter and believe in everything he stands for.

As for the current senate seat I believe our current governor Joe Manchin will end up in that chair. Keep in mind when there were 4 U.S governors to go to Iraq about 5 or 6 years ago Jeb Bush was the first guy out of the humvee, Joe Manchin was the second. Manchin is a very powerful person in WV he practically has his hands in everything. I'd be shocked if Joe Manchin isn't the newest member of the senate when this thing is decided.

Elwar
06-28-2010, 11:34 AM
I'm a nobody, but when and if Capito goes for the senate seat I may just try to run for house. I'm 31 with no political ties, but I'm a diehard Paul supporter and believe in everything he stands for.

Go for it!

rich34 moneybomb!!!

South Park Fan
06-28-2010, 11:36 AM

As for the current senate seat I believe our current governor Joe Manchin will end up in that chair. Keep in mind when there were 4 U.S governors to go to Iraq about 5 or 6 years ago Jeb Bush was the first guy out of the humvee, Joe Manchin was the second. Manchin is a very powerful person in WV he practically has his hands in everything. I'd be shocked if Joe Manchin isn't the newest member of the senate when this thing is decided.

You could be RPF's next Glen Bradley. :)

John Taylor
06-28-2010, 11:36 AM
I haven't seen anyone chime in on a Ron Paul Republican that could replace Byrd so I did a quick search and about the only prominant person I could find is this guy:

http://www.campaignforliberty.com/profile.php?member=EdwardRBurgess

"2008 & 2010 Republican Candidate for the WV House of Delegates, 30th District (eastern & southern Kanawha County) ~ yes, i am a Republican, ya wanna fight about it?"

"introduced Texas Republican Congressman Dr. Ron Paul to the WV Republican Presidential Convention on Super Tuesday, where we won Delegates to the 2008 National Convention for Ron Paul."

Did he WIN his election for state rep?

rich34
06-28-2010, 11:58 AM
You could be RPF's next Glen Bradley. :)

Sounds good to me. And I ain't trying to toot my horn or nothing, but I'm a fairly attractive fella with a hot wife :-) I know, how is this relevant, but studies do show that people especially woman sometimes vote for the more attractive candidate. I'm not dumb either, people at work call me Ron Paul, like many of you I'm sure. I work for the state and that could be a negative because of the laws in WV about working for the state and running for political office. Stupid if you ask me, like last time I tried to become a delegate for Ron Paul here in Kanawha County, but people were trying to discourage me because state workers aren't allowed to participate in the process. I called bullshit and did it anyway..

MelissaWV
06-28-2010, 12:00 PM
Did he WIN his election for state rep?

I don't believe so, but it was a complicated year. He is an excellent speaker, bright, and still posts on these forums from time to time :D I'm not sure if Ed would want to run again, but I'm also sure he's quite aware of the goings on in the state and would make a decision based on that.

Elwar
06-28-2010, 12:14 PM
"2008 & 2010 Republican Candidate for the WV House of Delegates

He's obviously up for running again... :)

MelissaWV
06-28-2010, 12:24 PM
"2008 & 2010 Republican Candidate for the WV House of Delegates

He's obviously up for running again... :)

Let me rephrase :p

Someone mentioned him for Senate, which is why I said he'd be aware of the situations and make a decision.

Wish I could vote for Ed :( I'm no longer in the state.

rancher89
06-28-2010, 12:49 PM
Love the idea!

Aratus
06-28-2010, 01:13 PM

whether its now or in two or four years... lets also focus on jay rockerfeller... we
need to field rEVOLUTIOn candidates at the senate level!!! --- rich34 ...i think you have
an apt take on all this. things now are in flux. you actually are not a total cypher...

Stop Making Cents
06-28-2010, 01:18 PM
Sorry folks, but the Gov. of WV is a Democrat and he'll appoint Marxist scum to fill Byrd's seat.

I also have heard that the appoinment will be good for the rest of Byrd's term - till 2012.

The good thing about Byrd's death is that it will temporarily slow down the Marxist-Democrap machine in the Senate.

rich34
06-28-2010, 05:13 PM
whether its now or in two or four years... lets also focus on jay rockerfeller... we
need to field rEVOLUTIOn candidates at the senate level!!! --- rich34 ...i think you have
an apt take on all this. things now are in flux. you actually are not a total cypher...

Honestly, get me some money with a money bomb and I'll give it a shot.. I'd be new to all of this and am registered republican so I'd need some help, but unless you're connected or a democrat and it usually takes both you don't get elected in this state. People have urged me to try and run for things before, but I'm backward in nature, but get me going and I don't shut up.

Aratus
06-29-2010, 09:33 AM
rich34 ----if our own John Taylor's idea about signatures, clipboards, petitions, Third Party filing dates and
the ability of the GREEN, CONSTITUTION and LIBERTARIAN parties to run THEIR people for a hypothetical
november election comes about, W.Va's Democrats and G.O.P people would have to have a short an' sweet
primary in order to choose their people if at least the LIBERTARIANs are more "with it" and organized! i do
think the GREEN and CONSTITUTION parties might also have their people on the ballot come November...