PDA

View Full Version : My biggest fear.

freshjiva
06-27-2010, 09:32 PM
A year ago, when I first discovered Ron Paul's ideas and started educating myself about the Liberty philosophy, I, like many others here, began to realize how Ron has been right about everything from unsound monetary policy to the foolishness of interventionist foreign policy.

Since then, there has been something I gravely fear.

I fear that one day, when Americans begin realizing these truths Ron Paul has been speaking passionately about for decades, you'll have opportunist sharks like the mainstream media and neoconservatives in Congress claiming they've been all for these policies all along. Americans will again get suckered into believing them as principled thinkers who have gotten it right from the beginning.

We've seen it happen already with the Tea Party movement hijacked by neoconservatives who are the very people responsible for everything the original Tea Party was against. People today have no recollection of Ron Paul being the original father of the modern day Tea Party movement. The neocons win yet again.

The game starts all over again. Politics as usual.

I hope I am wrong, but I can't help but be a realist and expect this to occur over the next several years and decades.

This is by far my biggest fear.

sailingaway
06-27-2010, 09:34 PM
A year ago, when I first discovered Ron Paul's ideas and started educating myself about the Liberty philosophy, I, like many others here, began to realize how Ron has been right about everything from unsound monetary policy to the foolishness of interventionist foreign policy.

I fear that one day, when Americans begin realizing these truths Ron Paul has been speaking passionately about for decades, you'll have opportunist sharks like the mainstream media and neoconservatives in Congress claiming they've been all for these policies all along. Americans will again get suckered into believing them as principled thinkers who have gotten it right from the beginning.

We've seen it happen already with the Tea Party movement hijacked by neoconservatives who are the very people responsible for everything the original Tea Party was against. People today have no recollection of Ron Paul being the original father of the modern day Tea Party movement. The neocons win yet again.

I hope I am wrong, but I can't help but be a realist and expect this to occur over the next several years and decades.

You are right. Beck and others are already doing it.

But only Ron has been acting on it consistently for 30 years.

In fact, I think THAT should be a 2012 ad if he runs..... "Constitutional Consistency for 30 years.....true to his oath.....true to the people... not special interests....."

RonPaulGetsIt
06-27-2010, 09:45 PM
The difference now is the speed at which information flows on the internet. One 3 minute video clip with exceprts from these carpetbaggers talking out of both sides of their mouth will end it. People don't like being lied to.

Main stream media is on its death bed. Plenty of people don't even watch TV anymore. It's home and turn on the computer. With the Iphone and its clones and the rate of advance of the technology the statists can't keep up.

Things are changing and will not return to the way it used to be. That is why it truly is a revolution.

Jordan
06-27-2010, 09:53 PM
The difference now is the speed at which information flows on the internet. One 3 minute video clip with exceprts from these carpetbaggers talking out of both sides of their mouth will end it. People don't like being lied to.

Main stream media is on its death bed. Plenty of people don't even watch TV anymore. It's home and turn on the computer. With the Iphone and its clones and the rate of advance of the technology the statists can't keep up.

Things are changing and will not return to the way it used to be. That is why it truly is a revolution.

If the internet decided elections, Ron Paul would be the king of the world.

But it doesn't. The people who actually turn out to vote are the least likely to own the computer, especially one with internet access.

Your reality may be closer to true 20-30 years from now, but I'm not entirely sure there won't always be a media powerhouse no matter the medium.

TNforPaul45
06-27-2010, 10:01 PM
They control the media, to keep you from hearing about Ron Paul and Liberty.

If you somehow hear about him, and vote for him, they'll rig the votes and make sure he loses any primaries and national elections.

If he wins the election, they'll make sure he has an "aneurism."

If he somehow survives an attack on his health, they'll nuke some cities.

If we still unite for liberty after that and "throw the bums out," then they'll just have international forces land in the US, quell the rebellion against the status quo, in order to "protect the interests" of Anglo-American alliance nations overseas.

Anyway you look at it, it's Checkmate unless the entire planet can wake up at once.

libertybrewcity
06-27-2010, 10:13 PM
we will prevail. it takes activism

tremendoustie
06-27-2010, 10:13 PM
They control the media, to keep you from hearing about Ron Paul and Liberty.

If you somehow hear about him, and vote for him, they'll rig the votes and make sure he loses any primaries and national elections.

If he wins the election, they'll make sure he has an "aneurism."

If he somehow survives an attack on his health, they'll nuke some cities.

If we still unite for liberty after that and "throw the bums out," then they'll just have international forces land in the US, quell the rebellion against the status quo, in order to "protect the interests" of Anglo-American alliance nations overseas.

Anyway you look at it, it's Checkmate unless the entire planet can wake up at once.

You're wrong to be so pessimistic, for many reasosns.

TNforPaul45
06-27-2010, 11:07 PM

I am merely mapping out the tremendous hill (mountain?) that we have to climb. A mountain of willing stupidity and hungry tyranny.

My outlook is not so much pessimistic, but that arises naturally from my dispair. I do have hope that our state can be turned around, and who knows, the American people may stand up and surprise the heck out of me. I hope so.

But when I cooly look at the situation, I just do not see any realistic chance at things getting majorly better. We are under attack from inside, outside, sideways, above, below, any direction you can fathom.

I mean since right after the forming of the nation, there has been an effort to undercut and hamper "The Great Experiment." Greedy (Money and Power) people will always twist things in order to move areas under their control. But there was a leap in the level of this at the Civil War. I fear we are about to see another leap in dialing up the temperature of tyranny.

I don't know how to describe what I am feeling, but cant you FEEL the intensity heating up in things. Whether this forebodes good or bad, or both, we shall see.

moostraks
06-28-2010, 07:08 AM
I am merely mapping out the tremendous hill (mountain?) that we have to climb. A mountain of willing stupidity and hungry tyranny.

My outlook is not so much pessimistic, but that arises naturally from my dispair. I do have hope that our state can be turned around, and who knows, the American people may stand up and surprise the heck out of me. I hope so.

But when I cooly look at the situation, I just do not see any realistic chance at things getting majorly better. We are under attack from inside, outside, sideways, above, below, any direction you can fathom.

I mean since right after the forming of the nation, there has been an effort to undercut and hamper "The Great Experiment." Greedy (Money and Power) people will always twist things in order to move areas under their control. But there was a leap in the level of this at the Civil War. I fear we are about to see another leap in dialing up the temperature of tyranny.

I don't know how to describe what I am feeling, but cant you FEEL the intensity heating up in things. Whether this forebodes good or bad, or both, we shall see.

I hear you and can relate to the pessimisim. I think too many folks underestimate the opponents capacity to buy off those not stupid enough to go along with their plans due to merely the propaganda. That leaves a minority, imo, of folks who will not go along with the program...:(

Scofield
06-28-2010, 07:26 AM
we will prevail. it takes activism

Unfounded optimism won't get you anywhere.

The OP isn't being a pessimist, he is being a realist. This isn't like the movies, this isn't a fairytale. The good guys don't always win.

Noob
06-28-2010, 07:35 AM

I thout it was the 9 11 turth movement that Started the morden Tea Party movement back in 2006? Than Ron Paul came around, and was followed by Gleen Beck and his 9 12 project.

TNforPaul45
06-28-2010, 07:42 AM
I thout it was the 9 11 turth movement that Started the morden Tea Party movement back in 2006? Than Ron Paul came around, and was followed by Gleen Beck and his 9 12 project.

It was. Let no one ever forget that. PNAC's touted "Pearl Harbor-type event," in more ways than they can imagine, set a blaze across the mind of man, freeing it from the thorns of blind trust and igniting the noble spirit in the common, non-political thinker.

But will it be enough?

specialkornflake
06-28-2010, 08:09 AM
I was sad because everything was and is going wrong much more than it is going right and I felt guilty for not doing more. Then I discovered that political action is somewhere on the scale between unproductive and counterproductive. It is the illusion of an answer which is much more harmful than no answer at all because it stops the search. Ron Paul's education to others is much more important than his political action. We share a passion for the Philosophy of Liberty!