PDA

View Full Version : DOJ official resigns over Obama's racism

lynnf
06-27-2010, 07:41 PM
the real racists.....

http://www.examiner.com/x-35976-Conservative-Examiner~y2010m6d26-DOJ-official-resigns-over-Obamas-racism

Department of Justice attorney J. Christian Adams has now officially resigned over Obama's racist refusal to allow the prosecution of armed Black Panthers who openly intimidated voters during Election 2008.

In a letter to the Washington Times, he called the case "the simplest and most obvious violation of federal law" he had ever seen in his entire career at the Justice Department and condemned Obama's bigoted, dishonest handling of the case as "corrupt" and "indefensible."

Live_Free_Or_Die
06-27-2010, 08:06 PM
I have complete faith the best representation free people can elect will appoint a superior replacement that is not a quitter.

Dr.3D
06-27-2010, 08:08 PM
I have complete faith the best representation free people can elect will appoint a superior replacement that is not a quitter.

Or they will find one that is racist so they can get what they want. LOL

michaelwise
06-27-2010, 08:44 PM
I was cheering for Ghana to beat the US in the World Cup. I'm white and I hate racists.

stone
06-27-2010, 09:11 PM
you hate racists. Which ones, the ones who are blatantly racist or just a little bit racist, or just the white racists?

How do you know that the Ghana team isnt all racist or are you one of those naive fools who think the white race is the only one capabe of being racist?

Dr.3D
06-27-2010, 09:22 PM
you hate racists. Which ones, the ones who are blatantly racist or just a little bit racist, or just the white racists?

How do you know that the Ghana team isnt all racist or are you one of those naive fools who think the white race is the only one capabe of being racist?

Bravo!

BlackTerrel
06-27-2010, 09:23 PM
the real racists.....

As opposed to the fake racists? Which is who?

Department of Justice attorney J. Christian Adams has now officially resigned over Obama's racist refusal to allow the prosecution of armed Black Panthers who openly intimidated voters during Election 2008.

1. Was this Obama's decision?

2. What was the evidence?

On the day President Obama was elected, armed men wearing the black berets and jackboots of the New Black Panther Party were stationed at the entrance to a polling place in Philadelphia. They brandished a weapon and intimidated voters and poll watchers.

3. Is that it? They stood outside a polling booth with berets and were armed and people were so scared by them? That's the case? Since when is that illegal?

As an aside - what would be the point of voter intimidation? If you stand outside a polling booth and say "Vote for Obama and I kill you". Then I go into my own private polling booth where no one can see how I voted? Wouldn't I be more likely at that point to vote against Obama?

At a cursory glance this case seems to have some logic fails.

Dr.3D
06-27-2010, 09:27 PM

3. Is that it? They stood outside a polling booth with berets and were armed and people were so scared by them? That's the case? Since when is that illegal?

As an aside - what would be the point of voter intimidation? If you stand outside a polling booth and say "Vote for Obama and I kill you". Then I go into my own private polling booth where no one can see how I voted? Wouldn't I be more likely at that point to vote against Obama?

How about all of those people who may have turned back and went home instead of going past those armed guys?

free1
06-27-2010, 11:04 PM
Why is the judicial branch of government listening to the executive?

How can a guy work for the DOJ and not understand the separation of powers?

I'm glad he quit, he's an idiot.

lynnf
06-28-2010, 06:49 PM

the real racists are the ones that cry "racist" and point fingers but then do what they accuse those "racists" of doing.

as far as your other questions, do your own research. make sure to let us know what you find out......

lynn

silus
06-28-2010, 07:06 PM
I despise statements that implicitly expect me to fall in line with their conclusion without giving me the facts. You can substitute black panthers with the mafia, some drug cartel, or the KKK, but the bottom line is that the details of this case is not included, so I don't see how i'm supposed to form an opinion of this.

JustinTime
06-28-2010, 07:10 PM
Why is the judicial branch of government listening to the executive? How can a guy work for the DOJ and not understand the separation of powers?

He does, its you who doesnt understand. DOJ is part of the executive, they investigate and prosecute but make no judicial rulings whatsoever. The president has the final call on all DOJ decisions, including whether or not to prosecute.

JustinTime
06-28-2010, 07:11 PM
I was cheering for Ghana to beat the US in the World Cup. I'm white and I hate racists.

Did the US soccer team do something to make you think they are racists?

charrob
06-28-2010, 07:41 PM
here's the same article from the Washington Times:

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2010/jun/25/inside-the-black-panther-case-anger-ignorance-and-/

silus
06-28-2010, 08:24 PM
here's the same article from the Washington Times:

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2010/jun/25/inside-the-black-panther-case-anger-ignorance-and-/
Thanks for the article. I'm most concerned with the specifics on "voter intimidation." The article kind of plays on the theme that if you have a gun you are bad, which i try to be conscious over. Of course, you have their affiliation, so 1 + 1 must equal 2, right. Maybe, but I would still want to know what kind of voter intimidation took place. A black man with a gun in front of a voting station would just encourage everyone to vote for the non-black candidate, so I think their purpose for being there isn't clear. :shrug

BlackTerrel
06-28-2010, 09:17 PM
the real racists are the ones that cry "racist" and point fingers but then do what they accuse those "racists" of doing.

The Black Panthers?

as far as your other questions, do your own research. make sure to let us know what you find out......

I'm not going to do the work for you or the guy writing the article. If you want to prove that that these guys should have been prosecuted and the only reason they weren't is because Obama hates white people then you need to provide some evidence.

You can't just make an outlandish claim and then when asked to back it up say "you do the research".

BlackTerrel
06-28-2010, 09:18 PM
Thanks for the article. I'm most concerned with the specifics on "voter intimidation." The article kind of plays on the theme that if you have a gun you are bad, which i try to be conscious over. Of course, you have their affiliation, so 1 + 1 must equal 2, right. Maybe, but I would still want to know what kind of voter intimidation took place. A black man with a gun in front of a voting station would just encourage everyone to vote for the non-black candidate, so I think their purpose for being there isn't clear. :shrug

Precisely my point. Unless the accusation is that they went in the booth with them (which is not the accusation) then I do not see what they stood to gain from this.

foofighter20x
06-28-2010, 10:49 PM
Why is the judicial branch of government listening to the executive?

How can a guy work for the DOJ and not understand the separation of powers?

I'm glad he quit, he's an idiot.

Maybe I'm not understanding your questions...

U.S. District Attorneys, while officers of the court in the sense that they can practice law before a federal court, are nevertheless members of the executive branch.

To which part of the judicial branch are you referring? And what separation of powers issue do you see?

Do you not remember the scandal in late 2006-early 2007 when the Bush administration fired several U.S. District Attorneys without cause?

JustinTime
06-30-2010, 12:18 PM

So if the Klan was hanging out in front of polling places would it encourage everyone to vote for the non-white candidate (it might) and therefore the KKKs purpose wouldnt be clear? Their purpose would be crystal goddamn clear, even if it had the opposite effect, you know why they are there!

The only reason people suddenly have trouble figuring out why these numbnuts were there is because they are black and the intended targets are white.

Whites are headed for some bad times when we become a minority, we are totally incapable of standing up for ourselves.

John Taylor
06-30-2010, 12:20 PM

You hate racists? You ought not hate anyone. Cheering for Ghana? WTF.

John Taylor
06-30-2010, 12:21 PM
Do you not remember the scandal in late 2006-early 2007 when the Bush administration fired several U.S. District Attorneys without cause?

Any appointed executive officer serves at the pleasure of the chief executive.

Dr.3D
06-30-2010, 12:28 PM
Precisely my point. Unless the accusation is that they went in the booth with them (which is not the accusation) then I do not see what they stood to gain from this.

They wouldn't have to go into the booth with them. All they had to do is stand there and look intimidating enough to scare away enough people to make the vote different than it would have been.

There are a lot of people, who when they see two intimidating looking people standing out in front of the polling place, would decide it's not worth it to go past them to cast a vote. Those people would then decide to just turn around and go home.

Just who wouldn't anybody expect to feel intimidated when they saw those two standing there with pipes in their hands?

JustinTime
06-30-2010, 01:39 PM
You hate racists? You ought not hate anyone. Cheering for Ghana? WTF.

He never clarified after several people asked him about that curious statement, but Im guessing in his mind America= racists, and the soccer team with the most white players= racists.
Dont you know that you skin color tells whether youre a racist or not?

BlackTerrel
06-30-2010, 01:57 PM
They wouldn't have to go into the booth with them. All they had to do is stand there and look intimidating enough to scare away enough people to make the vote different than it would have been.

There are a lot of people, who when they see two intimidating looking people standing out in front of the polling place, would decide it's not worth it to go past them to cast a vote. Those people would then decide to just turn around and go home.

Just who wouldn't anybody expect to feel intimidated when they saw those two standing there with pipes in their hands?

Ok let's go by your logic.

1. Everyone is intimidated by two scary looking dudes.

2. They decide not to vote.

How does that help Obama. Unless you believe Obama voters are tougher and not as scared?

Dr.3D
06-30-2010, 02:14 PM

2. They decide not to vote.

How does that help Obama. Unless you believe Obama voters are tougher and not as scared?

I don't really care who they were supposed to scare away. Two people standing there one with a billy club, look intimidating to some voters and they may turn away instead of voting.

Check out the video of those two and see if you think they look intimidating.

YouTube - "Security" patrols stationed at polling places in Philly (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=neGbKHyGuHU)

If anybody feels intimidated and doesn't vote, no matter who they were going to vote for, it is a violation of the rights of those people to vote.

BlackTerrel
06-30-2010, 02:37 PM
Well then that begs the question: what is the law? Is it illegal to stand outside a voting station with a billy club? And what is the sentence supposed to be?

Dr.3D
06-30-2010, 02:39 PM
Well then that begs the question: what is the law? Is it illegal to stand outside a voting station with a billy club? And what is the sentence supposed to be?

Well, that would be for the courts to decide. But since this will never get to the courts, then I guess we will never know.

Theocrat
06-30-2010, 03:17 PM
the real racists.....

http://www.examiner.com/x-35976-Conservative-Examiner~y2010m6d26-DOJ-official-resigns-over-Obamas-racism

In a letter to the Washington Times, he called the case "the simplest and most obvious violation of federal law" he had ever seen in his entire career at the Justice Department and condemned Obama's bigoted, dishonest handling of the case as "corrupt" and "indefensible."

I think J. Christian Adams is beginning to see how one-sided this whole race issue in our nation has become. It's okay to be racist if you're Black because that is deemed as "social criticism." However, if you're White, almost anything you criticize a person with more melanin content than you will be deemed as racist. It's a shame, but it's true. And I thought justice was supposed to be color-blind...

Andrew-Austin
06-30-2010, 03:22 PM
So the Obama Forum does have its connections to the White House!

TOF-member Army Shabazz doing his thing:

YouTube - "Security" patrols stationed at polling places in Philly (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=neGbKHyGuHU)

JustinTime
06-30-2010, 05:28 PM

If they were standing there minding their own business waiting to vote or with some other reason to be on the property, even if they were armed to the teeth, Id defend them.

There words, "You will be ruled by da black man, cracka" and the fact that one person says they physically tried to stop him from going in, moves it from pefectly normal and legal behavior to voter intimidation.

JustinTime
06-30-2010, 05:35 PM
I think J. Christian Adams is beginning to see how one-sided this whole race issue in our nation has become. It's okay to be racist if you're Black because that is deemed as "social criticism." However, if you're White, almost anything you criticize a person with more melanin content than you will be deemed as racist. It's a shame, but it's true. And I thought justice was supposed to be color-blind...

A lot of people who complain about racism are actually racists themselves. There must be a racial litmus test before they get their panties in a twist. What race was the offender, what race was the victim.

silus
06-30-2010, 08:58 PM
I don't really care who they were supposed to scare away. Two people standing there one with a billy club, look intimidating to some voters and they may turn away instead of voting.

Check out the video of those two and see if you think they look intimidating.

Ah. Ok, having seen the video its pretty damn clear. I wonder why the police wasn't called, or the owners to that establishment did not remove them. And honestly it seems like two misguided, brainwashed people trying to feel relevant, like they have some influence on the process.

I think what you're spewing is complete bullshit. Just because some people give you shit for criticizing doesn't mean all of reality is like this. Clearly you're exaggerating from a few examples, and you need to gain another perspective on this. People who dislike Obama are everywhere, people against illegal immigration are EVERYWHERE, and most of them aren't being accused of racism. I'm not sure where the you are from, but i think you're allowing a small percentage of loud people to shape what you believe.

The only reason people suddenly have trouble figuring out why these numbnuts were there is because they are black and the intended targets are white.

Whites are headed for some bad times when we become a minority, we are totally incapable of standing up for ourselves. Either you are for American interests or you're for the interests of a particular group. In any case, you don't belong here.

catdd
06-30-2010, 09:16 PM
A lot of people who complain about racism are actually racists themselves. There must be a racial litmus test before they get their panties in a twist.

Nice.

BlackTerrel
06-30-2010, 10:35 PM
Well, that would be for the courts to decide. But since this will never get to the courts, then I guess we will never know.

Well it wouldn't just go to the courts if you can't come up with what law they broke. What was illegal in that video you posted?

If they were standing there minding their own business waiting to vote or with some other reason to be on the property, even if they were armed to the teeth, Id defend them.

There words, "You will be ruled by da black man, cracka" and the fact that one person says they physically tried to stop him from going in, moves it from pefectly normal and legal behavior to voter intimidation.

But that's not in the video right? That's one person claiming it was said.

Is that enough evidence to go to court with. They stood on public property with clubs which I believe is legal. And one person claimed they told him "You will be ruled by da black man, cracka". Is that enough to charge people usually and go to trial?

JustinTime
07-01-2010, 10:29 AM
Either you are for American interests or you're for the interests of a particular group. In any case, you don't belong here.

I dont see how the two are mutually exclusive.

When black people in the south protested voter intimidation 50 years ago, were they against American interests?

If the government decided to round up guys named Silus, and guys named Silus stood up for themselves, would you be opposing American interests and therefore would not belong on a 'Murrican forum?

JustinTime
07-01-2010, 10:32 AM
But that's not in the video right? That's one person claiming it was said.

Is that enough evidence to go to court with. They stood on public property with clubs which I believe is legal. And one person claimed they told him "You will be ruled by da black man, cracka". Is that enough to charge people usually and go to trial?

One witness testifying that that happened would normally not be, but several witness and the video would be.

lynnf
07-01-2010, 03:51 PM
One witness testifying that that happened would normally not be, but several witness and the video would be.

I don't know if has already been said this way in the thread, but, really, if this were a bunch of white guys doing this, the press and the blacks would be screaming bloody murder, and charges would be certain.

so, you see the result of hypocrisy and double standards, and, yes, racism.

lynn

silus
07-01-2010, 09:18 PM
I dont see how the two are mutually exclusive.

When black people in the south protested voter intimidation 50 years ago, were they against American interests?
WTF are you arguing against? In this case, in this thread, you have one guy talking about white people being forever screwed once they become "minorities." The statement is not related to freedom, liberty, American values or the American spirit. Its not even related to the subject of this post. So what are you even talking about?

BlackTerrel
07-01-2010, 11:19 PM

In the video they were just standing there.

For the record I think the Black Panthers (at least the ones that exist today) are a fucking joke and a nuisance. And if they were charged I would not be sweating it.

What I am trying to figure if there simply was nothing to charge them with or Obama just hates white people so much he decided to let them go. I'm leaning towards the former - and so far no one has presented evidence to the contrary.

silus
07-02-2010, 12:02 AM
In the video they were just standing there.
Poor choice of words. I saw a couple of people in the video "just standing there." Clearly those two were not, as no one "just stands there" with a billy club.

anaconda
07-02-2010, 01:26 AM
Obama is a stooge yes man for rich fat cats. End of subject.

BlackTerrel
07-02-2010, 01:31 AM
Poor choice of words. I saw a couple of people in the video "just standing there." Clearly those two were not, as no one "just stands there" with a billy club.

Is what is in that video illegal?

JustinTime
07-02-2010, 06:18 AM
WTF are you arguing against? In this case, in this thread, you have one guy talking about white people being forever screwed once they become "minorities." The statement is not related to freedom, liberty, American values or the American spirit. Its not even related to the subject of this post. So what are you even talking about?

You dont think a known hate group standing outside polling places with clubs yelling racial abuse has anything to with freedom, liberty, American values, the American spirit?

You dont think the obstinate refusal of the AG, and by extension the president, to nip this intolerable behavior in the bud is a bad sign for the group these turds intended to intimidate?

WTF are you arguing against?

JustinTime
07-02-2010, 06:21 AM

The witnesses say they yelled racial abuse, something like "You will be ruled over by the black man, cracker" and tried to block at least one man from going inside.

The video places them at the scene, with a weapon. It merely corroborates the witness statements, nobody is saying they prove the witness statements.

lynnf
07-02-2010, 08:07 AM
The witnesses say they yelled racial abuse, something like "You will be ruled over by the black man, cracker" and tried to block at least one man from going inside.

The video places them at the scene, with a weapon. It merely corroborates the witness statements, nobody is saying they prove the witness statements.

I'd say that's illegal - definite intimidation

lynn

specsaregood
07-18-2010, 12:09 PM
According to the attorney, "even attempting to scare someone" violates federal law. It was designed to prevent the Klan from just parking a car in front of a polling place and holding a rally. For these reasons the law was written very wide in scope. He lays it out in the interview below:

Jason Lewis interviewed this guy friday. Good indepth interview on the subject.
Jason Lewis Show 07/16/10-3rd Hour
Fri, 16 Jul 2010 20:32:37 -0400
Jason talks with the whistleblower in the voter discrimination case...J. Christian Adams.
Link to archive:
http://a1135.g.akamai.net/f/1135/18227/1h/cchannel.download.akamai.com/18227/podcast/MINNEAPOLIS-MN/KTLK-FM/LEWIS071610_Hr3_J.ChristianAdams.mp3?CPROG=PCAST&MARKET=MINNEAPOLIS-MN&NG_FORMAT=&SITE_ID=3359&STATION_ID=KTLK-FM&PCAST_AUTHOR=100.3_KTLK-FM&PCAST_CAT=talk&PCAST_TITLE=Jason_Lewis_on_100.3_KTLK-FM

silus
07-18-2010, 02:12 PM
You dont think a known hate group standing outside polling places with clubs yelling racial abuse has anything to with freedom, liberty, American values, the American spirit?

You dont think the obstinate refusal of the AG, and by extension the president, to nip this intolerable behavior in the bud is a bad sign for the group these turds intended to intimidate?

WTF are you arguing against?
What are you, some kind of troll? I took issue with the statement of "white people being forever screwed," which does not have anything to do with freedom, liberty, American values or even this video. If you have issue with that, fine, but I doubt it.

BlackTerrel
07-18-2010, 02:32 PM
According to the attorney, "even attempting to scare someone" violates federal law. It was designed to prevent the Klan from just parking a car in front of a polling place and holding a rally. For these reasons the law was written very wide in scope. He lays it out in the interview below:

Is that law even constitutional? So for "just standing there" he should be prosecuted?

specsaregood
07-18-2010, 03:05 PM
Is that law even constitutional? So for "just standing there" he should be prosecuted?

I can't speak to its constutionality, as I am not a constitutional scholar; but it should be enforced/prosecuted equally to all people. If it is unconstitutional it should be repealed. It shouldn't only apply to klansmen or whites and let non-whites get away with breaking the law. Which is what appears to have happened in this case AND if you believe this whistleblower is the standing order at the DOJ.

Edit: you should really listen to the interview I linked to, it is Mr. Lewis always does a good job of getting past just the talking points.

Pauls' Revere
07-18-2010, 03:55 PM

http://www.projectvote.org/voter-intimidation.html

Voter intimidation is any concerted effort or practice by an individual or group on behalf of a party or candidate to coerce the voting behavior of a particular class or demographic of voters.

The most flagrant example of voter intimidation is the commission of violence, or the threat of violence,

seems pretty straight forward to me.

BlackTerrel
07-18-2010, 04:20 PM
I can't speak to its constutionality, as I am not a constitutional scholar; but it should be enforced/prosecuted equally to all people. If it is unconstitutional it should be repealed. It shouldn't only apply to klansmen or whites and let non-whites get away with breaking the law. Which is what appears to have happened in this case AND if you believe this whistleblower is the standing order at the DOJ.

When is the last time it was used against whites?

Edit: you should really listen to the interview I linked to, it is Mr. Lewis always does a good job of getting past just the talking points.

Just break it down for me. What exactly were those men accused of doing? So far on the tape I see them just standing there. What is the evidence that they did more than that.

For the record I despise the "New Black Panthers" I think they look to cause conflict and disruptions and are nothing but trouble. I just don't see this massive government coverup going all the way up to Obama. I see it being more likely there is not enough evidence to go forward with this case.

tropicangela
07-22-2010, 10:22 AM
YouTube - In the Green Room: J. Christian Adams on the New Black Panther Case (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3tRft1ZNOYY)

JustinTime
07-25-2010, 11:16 AM
What are you, some kind of troll? I took issue with the statement of "white people being forever screwed," which does not have anything to do with freedom, liberty, American values or even this video.

You honestly think selective enforcement of law has nothing to do with " freedom, liberty, American values"? Youre either insane or just hellbent to hate certain groups.

Unless the attitude that whites have no civil rights and/or civil rights protections are for minoritities only is smashed, whites indeed are screwed when they become a minority.

The fact that so many people regardless of race, but whites in paticular, have a ho-hum attitude toward DOJ's selective enforcement of civil rights protections is downright scary to me.

johngr
07-25-2010, 11:51 AM
3. Is that it? They stood outside a polling booth with berets and were armed and people were so scared by them?

No kidding. It can't be voter intimidation because the paramilitary uniformed gun-toters didn't have white hoods and their victims weren't people of color. Duh.