PDA

View Full Version : Biden calls Taxpayer a "smart-ass" for wanting lower taxes

Cowlesy
06-27-2010, 11:05 AM
http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2010/06/26/biden_calls_manager_who_told_him_to_lower_taxes_a_ smartass.html

First, Biden walks into a Custard shop bellowing, "Where's the ice cream!?"

Biden makes some cones, and then has one himself asking the owner, "What do I owe ya?" to which the owner replies, "It's on us.........Lower our taxes, and we'll call it even."

To which Biden says, "Why don't you say something nice instead of being a smart-ass all the time."

In the end, Biden whispered to the owner "I'm just kiddin'" and the guy was congenial about it, but Biden wasn't kidding.

He's been in Washington so long he has no idea how even small taxes directly affect real average Joes everyday.

MelissaWV
06-27-2010, 11:09 AM
Eh, I read this earlier... and even though Biden's still a bit of an asshole, it kind of was a smart-assed comment. What's wrong with being a smart-ass? I'd take it as a compliment, personally, as I often do :D It's not like Biden could have just gone back to Washington, assembled Congress, and said "listen, we're lowering taxes; the ice cream man told me to." Biden lacks finesse, but the media lacks the ability to NOT take something like this seriously.

There are such bigger fish to fry :(

Aratus
06-27-2010, 11:13 AM
{the audio is sorta lousy} however our ever quotable veep seems always themed...
in light of this YouTube you sorta have to feel sorry about the bidden Biden byte~me
themed stream of faux~gonzo conciousness surfacing in Rolling Stone as of late...

HOLLYWOOD
06-27-2010, 11:22 AM
Biden says, "Why don't you say something nice instead of being a smart-ass all the time."I would of reply, "Your Right Joe, because that space has been taken by you!"

I'm surprised Biden didn't reiterate, "Paying Taxes is Patriotic!"

RonPaulGetsIt
06-27-2010, 11:29 AM
I love these exchanges where the statists meet the public and much to the statists dismay the public doesn't bow down to their wise overlords.

IPSecure
06-27-2010, 11:30 AM
So, if instead, Biden were asked to raise taxes, would the taxpayer then be called a dumb-ass?

tremendoustie
06-27-2010, 12:05 PM
They don't get it.

YouTube - Paying income tax in America is Voluntary (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R7mRSI8yWwg)

This is one reason I'm not a conspiracy theorist. Megalomaniac morons is the best description I can think of for these people.

Anti Federalist
06-27-2010, 12:10 PM
Oh, I do love this.

Thanks for the opportunity Cowlesy.

Hey Joe,

http://razorwit.com/images/johnny_cash_finger.jpg

Sincerely,
Anti Federalist

Aratus
06-27-2010, 12:16 PM

didst generalissimo stan mcchrystal end up being almost totally fired becuz
his staff was making remarks in a manner quite akin to our veep joe biden?

specsaregood
06-27-2010, 12:30 PM
and even though Biden's still a bit of an asshole, it kind of was a smart-assed comment.

I didn't think it was a smart-assed comment one bit. It was lighthearted joke, but with a real request.

I would charged the guy for the cone though, no way would I have let that douche get out of there without paying. It could have been funny though, what are the chances Biden doesn't carry any cash around? Probably pretty good.

BuddyRey
06-27-2010, 12:48 PM
I love these exchanges where the statists meet the public and much to the statists dismay the public doesn't bow down to their wise overlords.

+1

] (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qhznZ-d5h7Y)

Golding
06-27-2010, 01:00 PM
I like that the store owner didn't completely lay down for the sake of being a photo-op.

Live_Free_Or_Die
06-27-2010, 01:01 PM
Who do these f'n taxpayers think they are. They elected the best representation a free people can elect.

MelissaWV
06-27-2010, 01:03 PM
:rolleyes: @ the last video.

You go to a place that has pictures of the guy all over the walls, and menu items named after him, and you're going to curse and be generally rude when he actually shows up. Must've been a masochist.

I'm glad I wasn't just in there with those old folks at the one table for some pizza.

Once upon a time, people were ashamed to curse and shout and generally be spontaneous assholes in public. I guess that's out of favor now.

Long live YouTube.

youngbuck
06-27-2010, 01:08 PM
So, if instead, Biden were asked to raise taxes, would the taxpayer then be called a dumb-ass?

Yes.

And that's a good point.

jkr
06-27-2010, 01:15 PM
smarter than your dumb ass , aparently, you useless fk

GO AWAY AND LEAVE US ALONE U BLOODSCuKER!

tremendoustie
06-27-2010, 01:18 PM
I didn't think it was a smart-assed comment one bit. It was lighthearted joke, but with a real request.

I would charged the guy for the cone though, no way would I have let that douche get out of there without paying. It could have been funny though, what are the chances Biden doesn't carry any cash around? Probably pretty good.

I would have said, "sorry, we don't serve extortionists here".

Anti Federalist
06-27-2010, 02:56 PM
:rolleyes: @ the last video.

You go to a place that has pictures of the guy all over the walls, and menu items named after him, and you're going to curse and be generally rude when he actually shows up. Must've been a masochist.

I'm glad I wasn't just in there with those old folks at the one table for some pizza.

Once upon a time, people were ashamed to curse and shout and generally be spontaneous assholes in public. I guess that's out of favor now.

Long live YouTube.

I don't know if the place was owned by the person yelling, so those pictures and menu items may have not been his choices, that being said, I disagree, completely, with the upshot of your comment.

If I had my way, these murderous, freedom killing sons of bitches of the new ruling class would not be able to show their faces in public, ever, anywhere, without risking shouts, insults, pies in the face, snowballs or whatever an outraged and betrayed populace had at hand.

The innocent dead, lay around their necks like millstones, and they deserve not a shred of common courtesy or respect.

Fuck every last one of them and the horse they rode in on, miserable lying sluts that they are.

And they understand that is the general consensus amongst the people as well, that's why they are usually surrounded by a phalanx of heavily armed security wherever they go.

specsaregood
06-27-2010, 03:46 PM
I would have said, "sorry, we don't serve extortionists here".

Reserving the right to serve whomever you choose is racist.

Dr.3D
06-27-2010, 03:55 PM

Yeah, so is wanting a secure border.

CCTelander
06-27-2010, 03:57 PM
I don't know if the place was owned by the person yelling, so those pictures and menu items may have not been his choices, that being said, I disagree, completely, with the upshot of your comment.

If I had my way, these murderous, freedom killing sons of bitches of the new ruling class would not be able to show their faces in public, ever, anywhere, without risking shouts, insults, pies in the face, snowballs or whatever an outraged and betrayed populace had at hand.

The innocent dead, lay around their necks like millstones, and they deserve not a shred of common courtesy or respect.

Fuck every last one of them and the horse they rode in on, miserable lying sluts that they are.

And they understand that is the general consensus amongst the people as well, that's why they are usually surrounded by a phalanx of heavily armed security wherever they go.

This times about a billion or so.

The brutal, sociopathic criminals gave up any claim to even be shown common courtesy a LONG time ago. A rail ride out of town is MUCH too good for them.

sic semper tyrannus (Thus always to tyrants.)

MelissaWV
06-27-2010, 04:20 PM

Okay? And if it were your business, you'd be justified in doing that, if you really wanted to. This businessowner seemed to not have a problem with Bush Sr.. The person who shot the video seemed absolutely to have a problem with Bush Sr.. Why eat there?

I'm not talking about common courtesy or respect for Bush. I'm talking about the people who were there just eating pizza, and the lady who had a rather "I'm embarrassed for you" look on her face as she left. Or are you telling me the best people can do is shout "You piece of shit!" in a public place at the President? Is there no better way to get across one's message? Is the English language so limited?

You're really contending that the owner of the restaurant put up all those pictures and was "forced" to carry those menu items, and actually hated Bush enough to shout at him like that, and was then shown out of his own restaurant? :confused: That's what your post seems to suggest, but I'm not with you on that one. This guy says he's just in there "trying to enjoy his food" but "disgusted by the decor." He was out looking for a fight, and to disturb everyone else who disagreed with him. If it were my place, he'd be out on his ear, but then again if it were my place there wouldn't be so many political pictures in a pizza joint.

This notion that activism is only good if it's rude and crass and vulgar doesn't jive with me. He absolutely didn't make an impression on an ex-President, but he did alienate a bunch of people trying to eat some pizza. I guess that's all in a day's work.

There's too much of this stuff going on, and not enough thought taken before making fools of oneself.

Noob
06-27-2010, 04:33 PM
We should try to move and have the States start impechment of Obama and Biden. If they could do it with Bush with Vermont, Washington and all most in Nex Mexico, we can do it with Obama and Biden.even use the liberals own play book, wich would make them piss.Its funny thow, since Obama become President all the talk about States being able to start Impechment went away, all most over night.

http://www.michaelmoore.com/words/must-read/be-it-resolved-you-can-impeach-the-president

tremendoustie
06-27-2010, 04:47 PM

Lol. :D

Yeah, so is wanting a secure border.

Naw, wanting to run your neighbor's property and business is busybodyish, tyrannical, and aggressively violent, but it's not necessarily racist. A lot of the time it's based on nationalism, a desire to impose cultural preferences, or economic ignorance, rather than racism. :p

A Son of Liberty
06-27-2010, 05:36 PM
This notion that activism is only good if it's rude and crass and vulgar doesn't jive with me. He absolutely didn't make an impression on an ex-President, but he did alienate a bunch of people trying to eat some pizza. I guess that's all in a day's work.

I respect and understand this appeal to civility, but my own personal scales tip in the direction of A-F's sentiment. Understand, I'm not suggesting you don't agree or even share what I express here, but there are real, live human beings presently being destroyed both physically and emotionally on account of these sociopaths. They are living, breathing brothers and sisters and fathers and mothers and children and friends...

Again, this rant isn't direct at you... screw these people. Screw George Bush and his piece of garbage sons and Bill Clinton and Barack Obama and every one of these sick, insensate, cruel bastards that voted for or support the "wars" that this "country" is currently fighting. They're destroying human beings - Americans, Iraqi, Afghani, British, etc. - and they do not deserve our damned civility. They deserve our scorn, our ridicule, and our hatred. These people are destroyers. They eviscerate and kill everything that they touch, and to hell with all of the people that look up to them, too. These bastards are evil; they're wrecking human lives and they deserve every ounce of vitriol, well spoken or otherwise, that they get.

I hate them. I hate that I hate them, but I do - because they have endangered my family. Damn them. Damn them all.

LEAVE US ALONE, YOU SICK, EVIL BASTARDS!

MelissaWV
06-27-2010, 05:45 PM
I respect and understand this appeal to civility, but my own personal scales tip in the direction of A-F's sentiment. ...

I'm not saying to be civil towards the guy. I'm saying that if your grandparents went out for pizza, and some guy with a camera started screaming "You're not getting your New World Order, you piece of shit!" over and over again near them, they might not like it. Being as they paid their money and went in and were eating, it seems like they deserved a little respect.

Is there some particular reason, since the person taking the video was out in the parking lot before, that the confrontation could not have happened outside? Is there some reason people can't communicate without cursing anymore? Depressing. I understand the anger, but people shouldn't complain, then, when "the masses" don't get the message. With messengers like these, freedom is destined to be a fringe thing, with "regular" folks embarrassed to be associated with it. Condemn that all you want, but honestly? It's the way it's going to go.

And no, these rants aren't directed at one person in particular... I just wonder when civil conversation became a sign of weakness, and shouting/cursing means your message is more important. It reminds me of people who type emails ALL IN CAPS, FOR EMPHASIS. LOOK HOW IMPORTANT WHAT I AM SAYING IS!!!! I HAVE EVEN ADDED EXTRA EXCLAMATION POINTS!!! MOTHER FUCKERRRRRRRRRR! Does that make me sound smarter somehow? :confused:

Anti Federalist
06-27-2010, 06:01 PM
With messengers like these, freedom is destined to be a fringe thing, with "regular" folks embarrassed to be associated with it. Condemn that all you want, but honestly? It's the way it's going to go.

The "regular folks" cheered the Roman games and watched with glee as people were ripped to shreds.

The "regular folks" puttered in their gardens next to the NAZI death camps.

The "regular folks" ordered pizza and drank beer while watching "Shock and Awe" and people getting vaporized in Iraq.

Fuck them, their embarrassment and whatever they think.

Freedom has always been brought to the masses by a noisy, committed minority, not by a "mass awakening" of a plurality of the people.

Melissa, I'm not addressing this rant to you specifically, either, just this idea that we constantly have to kowtow to the collective public opinion of a bunch of people who are, frankly, too stupid to find their own ass with both hands and flashlight.

A Son of Liberty
06-27-2010, 06:02 PM
Speaking for myself, had I the opportunity to confront one of these sub-humans, I suspect I wouldn't have been able to contain myself. It's probably a short-coming. Nothing enrages me more than the wars, and the cost in human lives. Pizza shop or not, I'm fairly certain I'd have flown off the handle. Even sitting here and typing about it grows a ball of icy hatred in the pit of my stomach. :)

I don't know what the person who took the video was trying to accomplish - had it been me, I would merely have been taking the opportunity without thought and purely upon emotion to tell a sick, delusional psychopath what I thought of him and his imperial trappings.

The liberty movement wouldn't have been on my mind. Hell, nothing would have been on my mind, save pure, unadulterated hatred and fear of being in the presence of such naked evil. I can't help it if others don't get it. I can't. I work at spreading the message as a coordinator with C4L, but had I been that guy, I would have been as bad - if not worse. :o

ItsTime
06-27-2010, 06:02 PM
I would have told him to f#ck off, took the ice cream back and told him to get the f#ck out of my shop.

osan
06-27-2010, 08:08 PM

Nah. They don't give a shit ab out them. These grew up stoned on the stupidity of the hippies... you know, "it's all good"... that bullshit. It is pure nihilism, limited only by that with which they feel they can get away. They have no moral center and that makes them the most dangerous people on the planet. By far. They are utterly pathological in their thinking and the day will come when we are going to have to decide what it is going to be - them or us. If we choose them, we deserve every horror they will heap upon us. If we choose us, we will be obliged to ferret out and murder every last one of them and their children. All equivocation and other forms of waffling will not cut the mustard. It will be ugly, but it will be necessary if liberty for all is to have the most remote chance.

Live_Free_Or_Die
06-27-2010, 08:40 PM
too stupid to find their own ass with both hands and flashlight.

I never thought of looking for my ass with a flashlight. We need to get those redistributed ASAP. How many do you have?

Anti Federalist
06-28-2010, 11:00 AM
I never thought of looking for my ass with a flashlight. We need to get those redistributed ASAP. How many do you have?

Millions.

I got awarded the government contract for supplying the "Mark 37 - Ass Finding Flashlight".

Only $487.95 per unit.

MelissaWV
06-28-2010, 11:05 AM
If you're using both hands to search... what are you using to hold the flashlight?

Anti Federalist
06-28-2010, 11:19 AM
If you're using both hands to search... what are you using to hold the flashlight?

Headband with a reverse facing clamp arm.