View Full Version : Bait Police Cars Used at G20 in Toronto

eric_cartman
06-26-2010, 10:03 PM
Bait Police Cars Used at G20 in Toronto

http://img64.imageshack.us/img64/2118/img0924f.jpg
http://img96.imageshack.us/img96/9126/img0927n.jpg
http://img96.imageshack.us/img96/97/img0912bu.jpg
http://img156.imageshack.us/img156/2902/img0916d.jpg

I just got back from the G20 protest today in Toronto and have since been watching the coverage on the local news. I do not feel that the coverage by the local media in Toronto has painted an accurate picture of the events that I witnessed throughout the day. So here is what I experienced on June 26th, 2010 in Toronto at the G20 protest:

I arrived at Queen's Park around 1pm. Unfortunately it was raining, but most people were in good spirits and there was even free hot food, fruit and juice. We marched, in what resembled a parade, South down University to Queen St and then West until we got to Spadina.

There was a very large police presence the entire time, but they were all behind barricades as we walked down this designated route. The protest by this point was very peaceful. I did not witness any nefarious activities by protesters or police. The protesters did not attempt to cross any of the barriers and the police were all just standing there, maintaining their positions.

When we arrived at Queen and Spadina, they were sending people North on Spadina. They were not letting people go South on Spadina and there was a large police presence maintaining a line at that intersection. I sat and chatted with some friends on the corner of Spadina, just North of Queen. We even got a slice of pizza. After a while, the protest seemed to be dispersing. At some point, the police at the intersection of Queen and Spadina moved south, allowing protesters to go a few blocks South on Spadina.

Everyone I had come with had decided to go home, but I heard some commotion around the corner and figured I would go check it out. This commotion had been going on for some time, and it was certainly noticeable, but it didn't sound like anything too crazy was going on. You could hear police sirens and people yelling, but nothing too out of the ordinary. There were still plenty of people around and no one was freaking out, so i knew that this commotion wasn't anything major. But people were talking about police cars getting damaged, so I went over to have a look.

So around 4pm, I walked along Queen St., just West of Spadina where there were two police cars that were basically abandoned in the middle of the street. The windows were busted out, the sirens were going off, there were dents, etc. In one cop car, there was a protester in the front seat , yelling inaudible slogans though the police car speaker. He looked to be covered in red paint and appeared to be on drugs and he was smoking a joint in the front seat. There was a fair bit of commotion as people gathered around the police cars to watch what was going on and take pictures. Everyone was basically just watching this drugged out hippie mess around in the front seat of a cop car. He seemed to be the main person causing damage to the police car, but there might have been a few other people causing some damage to the car as well. There was already significant damage before i arrived.

The vast majority of the people there were just watching and taking pictures and videos. There was one black kid wearing a hooded sweatshirt who seemed to be causing damage to the cop car and getting in an argument with the hippie. When the hippie left the front seat, the black kid sat down and tried to light a fire in the passenger seat. The hippie was still standing around and he put out the fire before it really got started. The black kid and the hippie looked like they made peace with one another despite their earlier argument.

It then became apparent to many of us observers that this was a bait car. One of the protesters painted "this is a bait car, aka "a prop"" on the side of the car. Another protester tried to explain to the hippie and the black kid that the police planted these cars there with the intention that they would be vandalized.

There were absolutely no cops anywhere in sight. There were cops literally everywhere throughout the day, yet these police cars got destroyed right in the middle of the street without any response. This must have gone on for at least 30 minutes, so there was plenty of time for police to respond. But it must have been one of the only locations in the entire downtown core where there were no police and it was a very popular location.

It was just so ridiculous that:

1) There were two police cars just sitting abandon in the middle of the street for no apparent legitimate reason.
2) There were no police anywhere in sight for a long period of time in a popular location.
3) No police arrived to the scene despite the fact that police cars were getting destroyed and there was a drugged out hippie sitting in the front seat, smoking a joint, playing with the police siren, and yelling though the speaker.

Given what was occurring, it was pretty clear to many of us that these were bait cars and were deliberately abandon in the hope that they would get vandalized. Not only that, but the police presence must have been deliberately removed from the area and ordered not to respond to the destruction of the police vehicles. There would have been an army of police just around the corner who could easily have responded.

And given that the police were capable planting bait cars in an attempt to discredit the protesters, it is fair to consider the possibility that undercover police officers may have been the first ones to break a window, knowing that when one gets broken, others are likely to continue the vandalism.

When I got home and turned on the news, they were showing live shots of another possible bait police car being destroyed and set on fire. The news anchor on CP24 even questioned why there were no police anywhere in the area while the destruction was occurring live on TV. On a normal day, a fire truck and police would have been on the scene within a few minutes, yet there was no response on a day when there were police everywhere. And people who were not in downtown Toronto today, probably cannot perceive the number of police downtown. There were so many police everywhere that it is nearly impossible to believe that it was a coincidence that no police were around while the cars were being destroyed. The downtown core was on total lock down by police the entire day yet they were conspicuously absent when the vandalism was occurring.

-Adam

QueenB4Liberty
06-26-2010, 10:14 PM
Yeah, I saw the video of that car burning and couldn't believe there were no cops around. I don't think the cops started the fires though or smashing windows. The Black Bloc had 1200-1500 people there, so I heard.

eric_cartman
06-26-2010, 10:27 PM
lol... no way there were that many "black bloc" people there. There were maybe 50 or 100. they were very peaceful in the morning and just marched with everyone else in the parade. i did not see any other vandalism other than the two police cars i wrote about. I've seen the footage of these black bloc people people breaking windows... but there were only a few instances of this. other than the cars and a few broken windows, that was it. and the cars were obvious plants.

Reason
06-26-2010, 10:34 PM
interesting

susano
06-26-2010, 10:39 PM
Well, this is a new one, eh? Sounds like the bait cars were not put there to lure and arrest, but to DISTRACT. Little play things to keep the mice busy while the fat cats plot away.

squarepusher
06-26-2010, 10:39 PM
so, do you think the person who destroyed t he care were actors? did you get any pictures of them ?

eric_cartman
06-27-2010, 12:24 AM
check this video out

YouTube - Police car lit on fire Toronto G20 riot (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ukCHgaUtHg)

i'm uploading the videos that i took to youtube, i'll post them tomorrow night or something

RSLudlum
06-27-2010, 12:38 AM
YouTube - G20 Difference of minds at protest. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JaHwcTHOHKE)

eric_cartman
06-27-2010, 02:30 AM
my videos:

YouTube - Bait Cop Car at Toronto G20 - part 1 of 4 aka "a prop" (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TsrjilfYMsY)

YouTube - Bait Cop Car at Toronto G20 - part 2 of 4 aka "a prop" (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nDgKxduh3rQ)

YouTube - Bait Cop Car at Toronto G20 - part 3 of 4 aka "a prop" (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zi-Q11MKx1g)

YouTube - Bait Cop Car at Toronto G20 - part 4 of 4 aka "a prop" (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UJB7p1m42Do)

JVParkour
06-27-2010, 06:27 AM
Wow. Thanks for the update. That is some crazy propaganda right there, because all I saw on the news were those 2 burning cop cars and talk about all the crazy 'anarchists' who were destroying things...

Thanks Adam!

moostraks
06-27-2010, 08:15 AM
Love how they are worried about the toxicity of the tires and burning car but the oil spill burn off is perfectly fine, no need for protective gear...

The whole commentary sounded ridiculous. It looked staged. Great behind the scenes footage, Adam!

Cowlesy
06-27-2010, 09:00 AM
hah, well it makes sense. Aren't they spending close to a billion on security? A few cop cars, probably almost on E for gas, isn't even a rounding error on that budget.

Cowlesy
06-27-2010, 09:04 AM
The Hippie described is picture #24. He appears to be eating a donut, and drinking a bottle of water.

http://www.nationalpost.com/multimedia/photos/gallery/index.html?id=3201093

Dr.3D
06-27-2010, 09:05 AM
hah, well it makes sense. Aren't they spending close to a billion on security? A few cop cars, probably almost on E for gas, isn't even a rounding error on that budget.

And it gives the media something to point at to make the protesters look bad.

awake
06-27-2010, 09:39 AM
The world controllers like to remind you and I of a world without them.

MelissaWV
06-27-2010, 09:41 AM
The problem isn't the images, or even the exclusive use of images of destruction. The problem is that people don't question whether or not it's representative of everyone else there; they just assume. It doesn't seem the two people the OP was talking about were "actors," or rather I haven't seen that accusation warranted yet. I would not be shocked if people decided to get a little violent with a police car. Out of so many, there would naturally be a few that are off their rockers in some form or another. I am not ruling out actors or agents, but it just wouldn't be necessary. There's a reason these bait cars are popular. This would mean that there really were protestors that damaged property, and the media's perfectly within its rights to report on such.

What about the rest of the march? The media isn't required to show it, or even talk about it, but an intelligent person with an iota of common sense would ask that question and do a little research before forming an opinion on the matter. There are fewer and fewer intelligent people with common sense around.

awake
06-27-2010, 09:58 AM
The ultimate foundation of any government is public opinion; more specifically the imperative need to keep alive the THOMAS HOBBES myth of absolute anarchy with out our controlling sociopaths. The whole of all government power goes into the effort to dispose of the idea that a monopoly of violence is not needed. Instead all of the services of the government can be delivered voluntarily in the free market and morally checked by withdraw of the consumers consent.

These events always get blamed on so called "anarchists", the truth is that these people, these so called anarchists, contradict their ideology when they reserve the exclusive power of force, violence and coercion in destructive acts such as these.

They are not anarchists, they are confused. If there were no violence and bad guys on parade at these events, people would start to question the need for government hence the G20.

QueenB4Liberty
06-27-2010, 10:15 AM
They are not anarchists, they are confused. If there were no violence and bad guys on parade at these events people would start to question the need of government hence the G20.

I don't think the protests would even make the news if they didn't do this. People are angry. There's only so much peaceful protesting people can do. I think everyone knows peaceful protesting is symbolic, it doesn't get anything done. It's not just randomized acts of violence. They aren't destroying tiny mom and pop restaurants. Their actions are juvenile, but they aren't random.

moostraks
06-27-2010, 10:25 AM
The problem isn't the images, or even the exclusive use of images of destruction. The problem is that people don't question whether or not it's representative of everyone else there; they just assume. It doesn't seem the two people the OP was talking about were "actors," or rather I haven't seen that accusation warranted yet. I would not be shocked if people decided to get a little violent with a police car. Out of so many, there would naturally be a few that are off their rockers in some form or another. I am not ruling out actors or agents, but it just wouldn't be necessary. There's a reason these bait cars are popular. This would mean that there really were protestors that damaged property, and the media's perfectly within its rights to report on such.

What about the rest of the march? The media isn't required to show it, or even talk about it, but an intelligent person with an iota of common sense would ask that question and do a little research before forming an opinion on the matter. There are fewer and fewer intelligent people with common sense around.

http://www.cbc.ca/canada/montreal/story/2007/08/22/ot-police-070822.html

The reason I feel that the issue may have actors has to do with the hokey nature in which it comes across from Adam's clips along with previous reports such as the one I posted above. The whole thing seemed like one of those improvs at the renaissance fairs where the actors come out in the public and everyone is watching them do their thing.

Irregardless of whether they were real idiots or not, the reporting serves to distance people from participating in protests for fear of be caught up in all the chaos, or to beg the masters to respond with greater control. Works like a charm as I agree most people don't look any further than initial reports. It is why retractions are so popular...

awake
06-27-2010, 10:27 AM
I don't think the protests would even make the news if they didn't do this. People are angry. There's only so much peaceful protesting people can do. I think everyone knows peaceful protesting is symbolic, it doesn't get anything done. It's not just randomized acts of violence. They aren't destroying tiny mom and pop restaurants. Their actions are juvenile, but they aren't random.

The contradiction is blatant: a few thugs who claim to be against government and its monopoly of violence become what they claim to be against - violent and destructive. When a man rises in violence against the government, he only gives it more power to make its own case for existence and aggrandizement.

Ron Paul is an example of peaceful resistance that has a devastating effect, his words are like a heavy rain of sledge hammers against the idea of all powerful government.

This battle is not going to be won with force, it will be won by an understanding of what government is and what it is doing to destroy peace in this world; an outright rejection of it.

lester1/2jr
06-27-2010, 10:51 AM
so they hired more police and gave them more powers and this riot is for liberty how?

susano
06-27-2010, 12:44 PM
Hey, OP, who bought the "free" food and beverages? Sounds like lunch sent in by the Illuminati.

Give 'em pizza and drinks and police cars to play with. Bread & circuses.

tropicangela
06-27-2010, 04:50 PM
check this video out

YouTube - Police car lit on fire Toronto G20 riot (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ukCHgaUtHg)

i'm uploading the videos that i took to youtube, i'll post them tomorrow night or something

News lady: "Police seem to be letting this happen."

angelatc
06-27-2010, 05:38 PM
The Hippie described is picture #24. He appears to be eating a donut, and drinking a bottle of water.

http://www.nationalpost.com/multimedia/photos/gallery/index.html?id=3201093

I think they added pictures. He's picture #35 now.