PDA

View Full Version : Does this hurt RP's image?

brandon
10-14-2007, 08:00 AM
I live in center city philadelphia. I recently took a standard RP rally sign and tied it onto my backpack, which i wear everytime i walk anywhere. Tons of people see it when I go out with it. Basically, it is my "bumper sticker".

I have been worrying if this type of thing may make me look a little kooky and further marginalize Paul. Is this showing of support over the top, or do you think it is good to boost name recognition?

ross11988
10-14-2007, 08:01 AM
Nothing Hurts

anewvoice
10-14-2007, 08:03 AM
Thank you for the extra hundreds of name impressions. People can look at you funny all they want, as long as they DO look at you.

GeorgiaRPFan
10-14-2007, 08:04 AM
Just don't wear any "9/11 was an inside job" stuff along with RP stuff and you're good to go.

brandon
10-14-2007, 08:06 AM
Just don't wear any "9/11 was an inside job" stuff along with RP stuff and you're good to go.

Of course not :)

Ron Paul Fan
10-14-2007, 08:06 AM
The only person's image it could possibly hurt is your own. Depending on your self-esteem levels, I would keep doing it! We want to keep spreading the word with any legal means possible, but we also don't want you sitting in a warm bathtub with razor blades in your hands like Mike Huckabee. So if it feels good, do it! We don't want to run your lives and the Constitution doesn't give us the authority to. Personal liberty, economic freedom, and free speech for all!

constituent
10-14-2007, 08:08 AM
great job! keep it up!

ross11988
10-14-2007, 08:09 AM

opps............. :P just playing

Us truthers are smarter than that

Corydoras
10-14-2007, 08:36 AM
Well, since you asked, I think it does make RP look marginal. If you did the same thing with a bumper sticker mounted on a piece of plastic cut from a three-ring binder, it wouldn't look quite as peculiar and people would see it.

adpierce
10-14-2007, 08:50 AM
I live in center city philadelphia. I recently took a standard RP rally sign and tied it onto my backpack, which i wear everytime i walk anywhere. Tons of people see it when I go out with it. Basically, it is my "bumper sticker".

I have been worrying if this type of thing may make me look a little kooky and further marginalize Paul. Is this showing of support over the top, or do you think it is good to boost name recognition?

maybe if it was an actual bumper sticker and not a yard sign it would probably get nearly as much attention, and it wouldn't look so kooky. Attention grabbing is good, people thinking you may be crazy.... not so good.

sickmint79
10-14-2007, 10:34 AM
just make sure you can speak comfortably on paul's stance on the issues and wear away :)

maggiebott
10-14-2007, 10:42 AM
Finally a response to my stamped money and my shirt. I went to the dollar store and spent a fiver. Next, I went to the grocery and while making my way down the dairy aisle this man's eyes are reading my shirt and then seems to have that lightbulb moment. He passes me and then turns around and says, i have to show you something. He pulls out the five and I laughed and said, yes that was one of mine.

As I was leaving the store and also putting slimjims on the bulletin board, another bloke smiles and says, "So there really are Ron Paul supporters" I said, yes and we work nonstop to get him elected.

Paulitician
10-14-2007, 12:30 PM
I think it will hurt your image more than it will Ron Paul's... why not buy a sticker?