PDA

View Full Version : Here we go...Let's go USA

Koz
06-26-2010, 12:05 PM
Nothing against Ghana, but I'm ready for a win today.

tasteless
06-26-2010, 12:10 PM
Vengeance will be ours.

BamaFanNKy
06-26-2010, 12:20 PM
YouTube - Weezer: "Represent" - the unofficial U.S. Soccer anthem (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b7nCt6vWOxQ)

JVParkour
06-26-2010, 12:33 PM
Where can I find a live stream? I've been looking an can't find one.

Andrew-Austin
06-26-2010, 12:36 PM
Ghana scored pretty early. WEAK. Goalie seemed off the mark. Still an open game obviously.

I like how they cut to President Clinton during the national anthem, when we think of flags and patriotism we think of the great executive leader.

LibertarianfromGermany
06-26-2010, 12:36 PM
Could be going better, huh? 1-0 for Ghana.

Andrew-Austin
06-26-2010, 12:40 PM
Could be going better, huh? 1-0 for Ghana.

How is team Germany doing? Is the nationalism a swelling? I guess you haven't been hearing GER-MA-NE chanting like we've been hearing U-S-A.

MelissaWV
06-26-2010, 12:44 PM
How is team Germany doing? Is the nationalism a swelling? I guess you haven't been hearing GER-MA-NE chanting like we've been hearing U-S-A.

Uncalled for. In fact, your comment was more critical of the US team than that person's was.

You're making an assumption based on their name.

Edit: I think I read this wrong. I'm not sure. I'm hoping I did.

LibertarianfromGermany
06-26-2010, 12:44 PM

We're gonna kick some British ass tomorrow! And no, people are very careful when it comes to nationalism; only in 2006 did it even become socially acceptable to wave a German flag publicly. The great thing is that while football certainly is very important here (much more than in the U.S. from what I hear), it is in no way political (like it is in England for example; their media are already calling us Nazis again).

PS: We already beat Ghana in the preliminaries :)

Andrew-Austin
06-26-2010, 12:45 PM
Uncalled for. In fact, your comment was more critical of the US team than that person's was.

You're making an assumption based on their name.

No I wasn't, twas mere jesting. I know from his posting history he doesn't exactly think highly of his country at least politically. Most libertarians don't get nationalism, I assumed it was the same way for him as it is for me.

We're gonna kick some British ass tomorrow!

Oh its tomorrow? I shall watch. It'll be world war all over again. (joking)

And no, people are very careful when it comes to nationalism; only in 2006 did it even become socially acceptable to wave a German flag publicly. The great thing is that while football certainly is very important here, it is in no way political (like it is in England for example; their media are already calling us Nazis again).

Interesting. I shall root for Germany. Sounds like the Brits are more Nazi like in spirit.

LibertarianfromGermany
06-26-2010, 12:52 PM
Interesting. I shall root for Germany.

rooting for the U.S. right now; the Ghanaian player that just scored the goal against you injured our captain during the last season (they both played in the Premier League) which is why he can't play during this WM.

dannno
06-26-2010, 12:53 PM

+1

LibertarianfromGermany
06-26-2010, 12:57 PM

If you don't mind German commentary and this link works for people in the U.S., try here: http://www.rtl.de/cms/information/wm2010/live-stream.html

JVParkour
06-26-2010, 01:03 PM
here is one that is working atm:
http://atdhe.net/20810/watch-usa-vs-ghana

fatjohn
06-26-2010, 01:08 PM
If you don't mind German commentary and this link works for people in the U.S., try here: http://www.rtl.de/cms/information/wm2010/live-stream.html

Dutch: http://nos.nl/wk2010/live/

Where they are uber nationalistic when it comes to sports. I think I can fairly certain say that football madness is biggest in the netherlands.

james1906
06-26-2010, 01:12 PM
YouTube - Sing-A-Long National ID Card - Ghana Style! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CcpEPrYdJVg)

dannno
06-26-2010, 01:44 PM

Great job!

LibertarianfromGermany
06-26-2010, 01:48 PM
Not bad, 1-1!

dannno
1-1!!!!

Andrew-Austin
Thank goodness for the foul! Last minute penalty kick score. 1-1.

Brian4Liberty
06-26-2010, 01:49 PM
Thank goodness for the foul! Last minute penalty kick score. 1-1.

Juked that goalie right out of his socks!

Andrew-Austin
06-26-2010, 01:55 PM
Juked that goalie right out of his socks!

I was watching this little thing on ESPN before the game, that was talking about penalty kicks. The goalie pretty much has to guess where the ball is going right as the kick happens, otherwise if they move after the kick happens its physically impossible (based on the speed of the ball and the reaction time of the brain + the time it takes for the goalie to dive) to stop a ball that is going towards the side of the goal. If you see a PK shot that practically hits the post and the goalie still stops it, that just means they guessed lucky. The Ghana goalie just guessed wrong.

Brian4Liberty
06-26-2010, 01:57 PM
I was watching this little thing on ESPN before the game, that was talking about penalty kicks. The goalie pretty much has to guess where the ball is going right as the kick happens, otherwise if they move after the kick happens its physically impossible to stop a ball that is going towards the side of the goal. If you see a PK shot that practically hits the post and a goalie stops it, that just means they guessed lucky. The Ghana goalie just guessed wrong.

Yeah, it's a guessing game. But if the goalie always jumps to one side or the other, the kicker could score every time by going straight down the middle.

Koz
06-26-2010, 01:57 PM
At least it is tied now. We have been looking good in the 2nd half. We've definitely had some opportunities. We need another goal!!

Jordan
06-26-2010, 01:59 PM
Even if he would've guessed right that one was going in the goal. Any shot higher than 2-3 feet that hits a post is going in regardless. You just can't jump half the distance of the goal and still have enough reach to block a shot like that.

silus
06-26-2010, 01:59 PM
In a game where the score difference is usually 1, penalty kicks just seem like a cheap and easy way to win. Its like a guaranteed goal so long as you don't choke. They need to move it back about ten feet.

Andrew-Austin
06-26-2010, 02:03 PM
In a game where the score difference is usually 1, penalty kicks just seem like a cheap and easy way to win. Its like a guaranteed goal so long as you don't choke. They need to move it back about ten feet.

I would totally choke. Its impressive to me in games like this when they don't.

Ghana was getting in a lot of fair tackles the entire game they seem to be pretty good at it, that guy just screwed up the one because it was such a desperate spot. Donovan probably would have made it anyways given his position, that is why the tackling player was so desperate.

LibertarianfromGermany
06-26-2010, 02:05 PM

If it was as you described, no defending player would foul in a way that provokes a penalty kick, but players usually still prefer it as a last resort. And just as an example, Germany in the game against Serbia failed at scoring its penalty kick (we usually have a really chance of success in penalties though - other teams fear us for that). IIRC, England only has a 50% success rate in penalty kicks.

silus
06-26-2010, 02:10 PM
If it was as you described, no defending player would foul in a way that provokes a penalty kick, but players usually still prefer it as a last resort. And just as an example, Germany in the game against Serbia failed at scoring its penalty kick (we usually have a really chance of success in penalties though - other teams fear us for that). IIRC, England only has a 50% success rate in penalty kicks.
Well, my problem with it is mainly because you put the game in the hands of the refs and who is the superior actor. Just like how the player from Brazil got kicked out because of an Oscar performance...

HOLLYWOOD
06-26-2010, 02:10 PM
#8 Demsey is a Pussy... how many dives can you take in a game?

PS: terrible free kick by him too

dannno
06-26-2010, 02:22 PM

Don't fucking foul in the shooting zone!! (are those all technical terms :confused:)

Both teams play by the same rules..

Orgoonian

Thank you!:D

dannno
Overtime motherfuckers.

JVParkour
06-26-2010, 02:27 PM
Let go USA!

Andrew-Austin
06-26-2010, 02:28 PM
Overtime motherfuckers.

overtime fail. :mad:

2-1

JVParkour
Son of a b(#(*#*#

dannno
doh..

brandon
uh oh

JVParkour
06-26-2010, 02:29 PM
OH MY GOD. It was BILL CLINTON!!!!!

Andrew-Austin
06-26-2010, 02:31 PM

Former President trying to make sense of what went wrong with team America, how he could have prevented such a disaster.

LibertarianfromGermany
06-26-2010, 02:32 PM
Former President trying to make sense of what went wrong with team America, how he could have prevented such a disaster.

More regulations!

brandon
06-26-2010, 02:32 PM
omg did u just see that african??

Andrew-Austin
06-26-2010, 02:33 PM
omg did u just see that african??

It was pretty funny and disturbing. Little colorful fish mouth expression out of no where.

silus
06-26-2010, 02:34 PM
Don't fucking foul in the shooting zone!! (are those all technical terms :confused:)

Both teams play by the same rules..
This is soccer, not chess. The "rules" are open for interpretation, which is why the players flop on every other play.

P.S. If people here in America started to understand how much you can make as a soccer player, we'd be world cup favorites.

dannno
06-26-2010, 02:43 PM
There is a first half and second half of extra time?!

Wtf is wrong with this sport :confused:

LibertarianfromGermany
06-26-2010, 02:44 PM

So each team gets to play an equal time on each side - to prevent possible advantages that players might derive from playing on one side (fan placement, etc).

Andrew-Austin
06-26-2010, 02:49 PM
Damn Ghana player really milking the time, get up faker.

catdd
06-26-2010, 03:01 PM
Oh well. They gave it a good shot.

Andrew-Austin
06-26-2010, 03:04 PM
This is what I wanted team US to do:

YouTube - EPIC FALCON PUNCH (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rCj_Fsn3FNU&feature=related)

brandon
06-26-2010, 03:21 PM
http://imgur.com/B8gbY.gif

silus
06-26-2010, 03:34 PM
New DOD report (within the last 30min) says Al Qaeda is establishing bases in Ghana...

Golding
06-26-2010, 03:38 PM
Time to bomb Ghana. At least soccer isn't really a sport.

catdd
06-26-2010, 03:40 PM
I hear Ghana is harboring Bin Laden.

JohnEngland
06-26-2010, 03:49 PM
New DOD report (within the last 30min) says Al Qaeda is establishing bases in Ghana...

haha! :p

Oh well, the US is out, but hey, at least England is still in it :D

Actually, in reality, England always seems to lose to Germany... usually on penalities... so I'm not expecting much tomorrow.

silus
06-26-2010, 04:19 PM

Actually, in reality, England always seems to lose to Germany... usually on penalities... so I'm not expecting much tomorrow.
Well, at least you won't have a player aiming for the stars on penalty kicks seeing that Beckham is out.

tremendoustie
06-26-2010, 04:22 PM

I hear that Bin Ladin is hiding in the Ghanaian soccer training camp.

bkreigh
06-26-2010, 04:46 PM
I really thought we were ghana kick some ass!

Played like crap during extra time. Didnt deserve to win at all. Congrats to Ghana though. Ill be rooting for Spain and Portugal the rest of the way.

purplechoe
06-26-2010, 04:47 PM

I'm a Polish immigrant who is a US citizen now and I'll be rooting for Germany tomorrow! :eek: I dislike the British even more than those pesky Russians... :)

tremendoustie
06-26-2010, 05:12 PM
I really thought we were ghana kick some ass!

Played like crap during extra time. Didnt deserve to win at all. Congrats to Ghana though. Ill be rooting for Spain and Portugal the rest of the way.

Mexico, Brazil, England, and Ghana for me. Spain flops too much for me.

Andrew-Austin
06-26-2010, 05:33 PM
http://imgur.com/B8gbY.gif

Niiiiicee. I might want that pic as a still image avatar.

silus
06-26-2010, 05:51 PM
Ill be rooting for Spain and Portugal the rest of the way.
lol. You better pick, Spain plays Portugal next.

Jeremy
06-26-2010, 05:58 PM

You have to switch sides, silly.

Anyway, I will be rooting for Argentina.

james1906
06-26-2010, 06:32 PM
And now America does not give a shit about soccer for another 4 years.

Andrew-Austin
06-26-2010, 07:56 PM

And goes back to more exciting sports like baseball (laugh).

Anti Federalist
06-26-2010, 07:58 PM

If I thought for one second that they would in turn start to give a shit about things that really mattered, I'd say this was a good thing.

But I know that won't be the case.:(

sofia
06-26-2010, 08:01 PM
lol. You better pick, Spain plays Portugal next.

I 'll go with the Iberian team.

sofia
06-26-2010, 08:03 PM

England would fare better if they just sent one of their club teams intact.

Manchester vs Brazil

tremendoustie
06-26-2010, 08:09 PM
England would fare better if they just sent one of their club teams intact.

Manchester vs Brazil

You're probably right, the problem is, Machester U has a lot of non-english players, including Brazilians, Dutch, etc.

james1906
06-26-2010, 08:14 PM
If I thought for one second that they would in turn start to give a shit about things that really mattered, I'd say this was a good thing.

But I know that won't be the case.:(

Perhaps every liberty candidate should change his/her last name to Kardashian.

KCIndy
06-26-2010, 08:23 PM
I'm glad it's over!

NOW we can get back to some REAL football!!

:D:D:D

http://www.secsportsfan.com/images/we-play-just-as-hard-and-win-just-as-many-games-7231.jpg

http://i.a.cnn.net/si/football/nfl/specials/preview/2006/photos/broncos.jpg

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_RVLfSMIB7K0/SUPOdLWVRYI/AAAAAAAANHQ/jao62DsfaG0/s400/JMUGriz.jpg

http://www.sfgate.com/blogs/images/sfgate/ninerinsider/2008/01/04/lrg-1217-pwillis300x300.jpg

http://www.trojanwire.com/images/vidal_catch.jpg

http://i.a.cnn.net/si/multimedia/photo_gallery/2005/12/22/gallery.siyear/usc.jpg

tremendoustie
06-26-2010, 08:36 PM
I'm glad it's over!

NOW we can get back to some REAL football!!

:D:D:D

Yeah, gridiron's not football, but it's ok too sometimes :D. You know, when football isn't on.

ibaghdadi
06-26-2010, 09:53 PM

BTW, that is Mick Jagger sitting next to him.

One couldn't get no satisfaction and the other had too much.

Anti Federalist
06-26-2010, 10:21 PM
Perhaps every liberty candidate should change his/her last name to Kardashian.

Holy shit, no kidding!!

Can anybody tell me what these broad's claim to fame is, other than being named in a mnemonic fashion and having big tits?

silus
06-26-2010, 10:24 PM
Now we can get back to the football where the only people that use their feet aren't even considered football players.

Mopsus
06-26-2010, 10:51 PM
Nice gutsy effort by the U.S.

Building international football presence, much less domination, takes decades. We earned respect from the major squads. Chins up guys.

Andrew-Austin
06-26-2010, 10:52 PM
Anyone have some pull with BP to drill offshore close this fuck-stick's village?

Say what now? I don't live near any large body of water sorry.

Mopsus
06-26-2010, 11:01 PM
Say what now? I don't live near any large body of water sorry.

Sorry. You misconstrued my post. I was referring to the crazy "Shaka Zulu" looking Ghanaian fan pic.

I've edited that post since. I felt it too harsh.

Pauls' Revere
06-27-2010, 03:13 AM

LOL and the clock counts up? makes me have to use addition.
;)

LibertarianfromGermany
06-27-2010, 09:49 AM
4-1 against England, nice one :)

catdd
06-27-2010, 12:10 PM
4-1 against England, nice one

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/world_cup_2010/matches/match_51/default.stm

JohnEngland
06-27-2010, 02:40 PM
4-1 against England, nice one :)

Yeah, now I'm starting to understand why Americans think football/soccer sucks. England scored a second goal and it was 2-2 at half time. This would have completely changed how the teams approached the second half and Germany wouldn't have scored two goals on the counter attack - because England wouldn't have needed to press so hard and leave their defence exposed.

In conclusion: FOOTBALL/SOCCER NEEDS VIDEO REPLAYS!!!! And Americans are kinda right about the sport - how can a sport be legitimate if legitimate goals are disallowed?!

paulim
06-27-2010, 05:20 PM
In conclusion: FOOTBALL/SOCCER NEEDS VIDEO REPLAYS!!!! And Americans are kinda right about the sport - how can a sport be legitimate if legitimate goals are disallowed?!

No. The possibility of human failure adds flair to the game. Think of 66. England maybe would have lost to germany. And how boring would it be without these little tales.

silus
06-28-2010, 07:11 PM
No. The possibility of human failure adds flair to the game. Think of 66. England maybe would have lost to germany. And how boring would it be without these little tales.
No, it just builds hatred between groups. People would be content with the results, regardless of who won, if it was fairly played.