PDA

View Full Version : Send Amash to Congress Money Bomb on July 8th!!!

brenden.b
06-26-2010, 10:32 AM
Help send Justin Amash to Congress with a contribution of $20 (or whatever you can afford) on JULY 8TH to make sure he has the resources to defeat his establishment opponents in the Michigan Republican Primary on August 3rd!!!

In a recent endorsement statement, Ron Paul said that "Justin Amash is one of the most principled young leaders I have seen in a generation."

Amash is the MOST Conservative, MOST Principled, and MOST Consistent Representative in the Michigan Legislature!

Amash posts every single vote he takes in the State House on his Facebook page and details his reasons for his vote! No other legislator can make such a claim!

Not to mention, for you Austrians out there, he has a portrait of F.A. Hayek hanging in his office!

Justin Amash is legit and his voice is needed in Congress!

Again, help send Justin Amash to Congress with a contribution of $20!

You can make a contribution at www.amashforcongress.com !!!

Don't forget to invite all your friends!!!

Join the Facebook Event @ http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=108237519225643&ref=nf#!

biles1234
06-26-2010, 10:44 AM
I second this motion!

angelatc
06-26-2010, 12:01 PM
i'm in

Kotin
06-26-2010, 12:56 PM
i'm in

Then I am as well since I owe you one..

erowe1
06-26-2010, 01:43 PM
I'm in.

brenden.b
06-26-2010, 05:35 PM
Great to hear!!! Help spread the word!!! Invite all your friends!!!

Michigan11
06-27-2010, 05:04 PM
I'm in on this, along with a few others I know who will gladly give and also spread the word.

Everyone needs to get in on this one.

Support Justin Amash = Support Ron Paul Freedom Liberty

I'm also going to add this to my signature! Woooooooo

Distinguished Gentleman
06-27-2010, 07:38 PM
Guys, I linked this event on his facebook page and it got deleted. Shortly thereafter, he posted a drive to raise money before June 30th for a July advertising campaign. I won't say it's a bad idea to continue the 8th money bomb but we should know it has no official support from the campaign.

Just to float it out there, it might be prudent to encourage people to donate to Justin the same day as Rand as a sort of piggyback bomb since so much advertising has gone into it.

Michigan11
06-27-2010, 08:09 PM
Interesting, hopefully someone will have some feedback on this..

brenden.b
06-27-2010, 08:52 PM
Guys, I linked this event on his facebook page and it got deleted. Shortly thereafter, he posted a drive to raise money before June 30th for a July advertising campaign. I won't say it's a bad idea to continue the 8th money bomb but we should know it has no official support from the campaign.

Just to float it out there, it might be prudent to encourage people to donate to Justin the same day as Rand as a sort of piggyback bomb since so much advertising has gone into it.

I posted the link on Justin Amash's page two days ago when I started the event and it is still there. Amash has joine the event and there hasn't been any feedback from his campaign or supporters saying we shouldn't do the Money Bomb.

As far as I am concerned, it is still on. I'd rather do something seperate, rather than piggy back off of Rand. There's not enough time to spread the word to get any sort of a significant contribution tomorrow to make any noise.

biles1234
06-28-2010, 09:11 AM
Let's promote this today everybody!!

With Rand's moneybomb today, a ton of people will be online. Thus, today provides a perfect opportunity to promote the moneybomb on this forum's chatroom, Facebook (invite your friends, post on Rand Paul and Ron Paul's FB), on these message boards, and DailyPaul. Let's do this guys and help us score us a MAJOR liberty candidate victory in Michigan

http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=108237519225643&ref=ts

brenden.b
06-28-2010, 12:15 PM
Could someone with a dailypaul account post the moneybomb? I currently do no have an account.

biles1234
06-28-2010, 12:22 PM
Could someone with a dailypaul account post the moneybomb? I currently do no have an account.

I already did -- no response.
However, I have a contact with a moderator and I'll make sure we get front-page coverage next week.

brenden.b
06-28-2010, 01:26 PM
I already did -- no response.
However, I have a contact with a moderator and I'll make sure we get front-page coverage next week.

Gotcha, wasn't really sure how that whole system worked.

biles1234
06-29-2010, 08:26 PM
Dear moderators:

Any chance we can get a sticky for this in the subforum ASAP and in the "General Politics" forum as the date gets closer?

Thanks

biles1234
06-29-2010, 08:42 PM
DailyPaul link everybody:
http://www.dailypaul.com/node/138933

Liberty lovers / Justin fans,
It would be awesome if any DP members on here could go check up on the post and bump it up from time to time. Awesome.

Michigan11
06-30-2010, 08:07 AM
I put up a thread in the general forum on Justin and his moneybomb... add any other information in there I may have missed about him http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=251393

Let's get this going and message meetups and send emails to everyone we know!

biles1234
06-30-2010, 09:53 PM
Great post M11!

How about this for a Facebook status from Justin?

Justin Amash Thirty-eight bills and resolutions are scheduled for a vote on the House floor tomorrow. Thirty-eight. Most representatives had never even heard of these bills until we received our agenda at 7:23 p.m. this evening. I will be up all night reading. I'm afraid that most of my colleagues will not be doing the same.

Bergie Bergeron
06-30-2010, 10:56 PM
The moneybomb must be promoted by Justin's Facebook.

Michigan11
07-04-2010, 11:54 PM
I just emailed 3 meetups in Michigan... Let's spread the word the next few days

Edit: bumped the thread in daily paul and just spammed some utube vids with comments and even posted in craigslist (never know if someone will see it or not)

Michigan11
07-06-2010, 05:47 PM
I sent an email to Trevor Lyman, to think about sending out an email for July 8th.

If someone on these boards who is contact with him could let him know as well, would be great..

biles1234
07-07-2010, 08:37 AM
Hopefully Trevor responds (fingers crossed)

Last day before the moneybomb everybody. Let's keep up the promotion! It's working. We've gotten 15 more "attending" yesterday alone in the Facebook event

http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=108237519225643&index=1

biles1234
07-07-2010, 01:31 PM
Now on the frontpage of DailyPaul.

www.dailypaul.com

Please bump this several times today and tomorrow fellow liberty lovers! Thanks!

brenden.b
07-07-2010, 05:56 PM
bump!

biles1234
07-07-2010, 09:23 PM
Justin just posted it on his Facebook. Go "Like" it!

http://www.facebook.com/justinamash

brenden.b
07-08-2010, 10:15 AM
Made my contribution!

erowe1
07-08-2010, 11:26 AM
I suggest that all Amash posts today, particularly money bomb ones, be put on the general politics board to maximize the attention they get.

biles1234
07-08-2010, 12:09 PM
I suggest that all Amash posts today, particularly money bomb ones, be put on the general politics board to maximize the attention they get.

Agreed.

biles1234
07-08-2010, 12:42 PM
We have raised over $2,000 today and are at $289,025. Let's get to $290,000 by 4 PM and finish off the day with $300,000!!

Michigan11
07-08-2010, 01:11 PM
Good point Erowe1, agreed.

Biles, right on, $300,000 should be the goal for the day!

Hopefully everyone wakes up and donates!

Dark Aerow
07-08-2010, 01:35 PM
sounds like a good goal to me. Historically, donations always pick up around 5pm and continue strong throughout the night...

biles1234
07-08-2010, 03:19 PM
We have raised $3300 in 16 hours. Less than 10k and we will hit $300,000. C'mon everybody. Just $10 can make a difference.

biles1234
07-08-2010, 07:14 PM
What happened everybody??

From Justin himself:
Will you help me get my contribution ticker total to $300,000 by midnight? Let's bring principled conservatism and real transparency to Washington, DC. Please spread the message and contribute now at http://amashforcongress.com/

brenden.b
07-08-2010, 07:33 PM
Man...this is just frustrating...Where is the support for Amash??? This guy is legit and he doesn't get the support from the Liberty movement that is shown to Lawson, Schiff, Kokesh, etc...

This is just sad...

Dark Aerow
07-08-2010, 07:43 PM
Yea, I dont get it...

Where is everyone?

biles1234
07-08-2010, 08:01 PM
Yes and unfortunately Schiff has absolutely no chance, Lawson is shaky at best in a heavy Democratic district (I don't care if an "analyst" says it's in play) and Kokesh, showed exactly how not to run a Ron Paul-inspired campaign by getting blown out 70-30

Justin is the prototype for how liberty candidates should get elected in conservative districts. Run on a limited government, low tax, individual liberty platform and stay out of social issues. Campaign like crazy to get your message out there, get the grassroots involved and everything else takes care of itself.

Not to mention that Justin's Facebook is an ingenious idea. He is educating the masses and turning more and more people into libertarians by showing just how much waste occurs in government everyday. Not to mention that he is completely transparent and replies to his constituents' concerns.

For some reason, most RPF and Daily Paul members have not realized how close we are to getting Ron Paul some serious help in Congress. What gives, you guys?? Are you not convinced that Justin represents the principles of liberty?

Dark Aerow
07-08-2010, 08:33 PM
Yes and unfortunately Schiff has absolutely no chance, Lawson is shaky at best in a heavy Democratic district (I don't care if an "analyst" says it's in play) and Kokesh, showed exactly how not to run a Ron Paul-inspired campaign by getting blown out 70-30

Justin is the prototype for how liberty candidates should get elected in conservative districts. Run on a heavy limited government, low tax, individual liberty platform and stay out of social issues. Campaign like crazy to get your message out there, get the grassroots involved and everything else takes care of its self.

Not to mention that Justin's Facebook is an ingenious idea. He is educating the masses and turning more and more people into libertarians by showing just how much waste occurs in government everyday. Not to mention that he is completely transparent and replies to his constituents' concerns.

For some reason, most RPF and Daily Paul members have not realized how close we are to getting Ron Paul some serious help in Congress. What's gives, you guys?? Are you not convinced that Justin represents the principles of liberty?
Unfortunately,
Justin truly has run an excellent campaign. With the same lvl of support Kokesh got Justin would likely win in a landslide.

Michigan11
07-08-2010, 08:45 PM
As the club for growth, spokesman said, he is going to be a Rock Star. No doubt in my mind this guy is an up and coming leader of the liberty movement. He is way ahead of most right now, and the facebook posting is genius.

It may be a building process to get everyone behind him, but before long everyone will be.

Alot of the online forums have lost the donors, they once had, just my opinion. I've noticed the lurkers far out number the posters in here now. The positive is Justin is bringing in new people everyday just as Ron Paul has done since he ran for pres. We need to keep spreading the word everywhere about him and the support will come.

I guess I was just thinking outloud ...:D

Dark Aerow
07-08-2010, 09:08 PM
Everyone I talk to about Justin responds very favorably. Once everyone listens they'll come around. I think everyone is pretty beat up over Medina, Kokesh and others losing.

Legend1104
07-08-2010, 09:52 PM
donated some. only a little but its the best I can do.

biles1234
07-08-2010, 10:12 PM
donated some. only a little but its the best I can do.

It's the thought that counts!