PDA

View Full Version : Who I think the next President will be

Original_Intent
06-26-2010, 08:30 AM
Petraeus.

I am not saying he is who I would support. Not at all. And I haven't even heard a rumor that he is running or would want to run. I just saw his name mentioned on another forum and I could really see people being herded into supporting him - especially if he "cleans up' Afghanistan.

ChaosControl
06-26-2010, 08:32 AM
If he manages to "win" the war, then yes. But I think he's just going to be stuck there and we'll have Obama again.

roho76
06-26-2010, 08:40 AM
They say he won the Iraq war. I'm still pondering that one. Can someone define "won" for me?

bucfish
06-26-2010, 08:50 AM
I say it will be McChrystal. The GOP will nominate a General.

jkr
06-26-2010, 09:08 AM
^
me too, it would be a direct offensive day one...

Original_Intent
06-26-2010, 10:57 AM
I say it will be McChrystal. The GOP will nominate a General.

I'd agree with you except it would be painted by the MSM as petty payback over the whole Rolling Stone/ fired by Obama kerfluffle.

No I think Petraeus us being groomed to be the "answer" to Obama, TPTB might even allow him to come to a decisive "victory" in Afghanistan, he''l bring the troops home in late 2011, ticker tape parades like in the early 20th century. If you think McCain played the war hero card, Petraeus won't have to. If you think it was bad how anyone who disagreed with Obama was labelled a racist, wait until you see how they are labelled a traitor if they say anything bad about Petraeus.

Anyway, we will see what unfolds.

Kludge
06-26-2010, 02:10 PM
Well -- I suppose nominating a general would do well with the Dems now that the anti-war Left has disappeared.... Good for the GE, I suppose, eh? One more of those "fiscal conservative" imperialists?

But yeah - not the first time I've heard Petraeus suggested for President.

libertybrewcity
06-26-2010, 03:46 PM
i think this election the gop will try and stay clear of foreign policy. They had McCain last time and lost because he supported the wars and didn't know anything about economics.

awake
06-26-2010, 03:50 PM
A woman... Mark my words. It will be the "new hope" after the last sucker job.

speciallyblend
06-26-2010, 03:51 PM
Ron Paul 2012 and if the gop fails to nominate him. then i predict obama WINS Second Term!!

susano
06-26-2010, 04:02 PM
Whoever it is, you can be guaranteed it will be another NWO corporate puppet stooge of the Synagogue of Satan.