PDA

View Full Version : URGENT!: This doesn't look good!

Paul Revered
06-26-2010, 03:45 AM
How can this bill go through, while allowing enough time to read it? This looks like Obama is up to his old tricks.
===============================

WASHINGTON - One year in the making, a sweeping overhaul of Wall Street rules forged in the aftermath of a financial crisis cleared congressional negotiations early Friday and headed to the House and Senate for final votes.

Lawmakers hope to have a bill on President Barack Obama's desk by July 4.................The legislation, the most ambitious rewrite of financial regulations since the Great Depression....

http://www.azcentral.com/arizonarepublic/news/articles/2010/06/26/20100626financial-overhaul0626.html

The legislation creates a new federal agency to police consumer lending, set up a warning system for financial risks, force failing firms to liquidate and map new rules for instruments that have been largely uncontrolled.....The Federal Reserve will have to set new limits on the fees banks charge merchants who accept debit cards. Retailers, who would stand to save billions in payments, would be able to offer customers reduced prices for debit card use. Banks said the limits could simply shift costs to other banking products.

http://www.9news.com/rss/article.aspx?storyid=141760

Oppose the 'Dodd-Frank' Financial Overhaul

The Dodd-Frank financial overhaul will control up to 60% of our economy by telling us what we can, and can't do, with our money. This will touch every single person who has a bank account or who uses a credit card. Just like Cap and Trade and Health Care, this is Washington’s latest effort to grab power and take control of our lives.

There are many problems with the bill:

- It does nothing to solve the root problem of the financial crisis – giving loans to people who can’t afford to pay them. Instead, it encourages lenders to continue this risky practice.

- Creates an entirely new federal bureaucracy within the Federal Reserve.

- Gives the government power to break up “failing” companies, without a clear definition of “failing.”

- Sets up strict rules and increases costs for banks, which means that bank customers will have to pay more for their services.

- Gives the Securities and Exchange Commission and the Commodities Futures Trading Commission, two boards of unelected, unaccountable bureaucrats, new powers to regulate businesses as they wish.

- To pay for these new government programs and powers, Washington is going to charge banks and hedge funds $19 billion in fees – this money will have to come from somewhere and the American people, as bank customers, are going to pay the price tag.

Even Senator Chris Dodd - one of the bill's co-authors - says "no one will know until this is actually in place how it works.” I urge you to oppose this risky power grab.

http://act.libertycentral.org/9/3328/oppose-financial-overhaul/

=====================
I haven't completely formed my opinion on this matter yet; but time is of the essence.

osan
06-26-2010, 03:13 PM
How can this bill go through, while allowing enough time to read it? This looks like Obama is up to his old tricks.

Lets hope they keep going. Let them pass this and plenty more like it. I am now in morbid fascination mode to see just how far they can take this and whether the people of the USA have any sense left in them to revolt and put an end to these mobsters. I hope they go full throttle until we are so obviously fucked that people will have to choose. Trying to fix this hopelessly broken system is a waste of time.

susano
06-26-2010, 03:30 PM
Our only hope is to not participate. All of this is the fiat/bankster board game. We have to not play. Getting us sucked into their Satanic system corrupts us, as well. It's like a spider's web. We should not invest in any of their stocks, hedge funds, retirement vehicles, or have any of our wealth in their filthy web. People should quit their jobs and work for cash. Take all funds out of the bank. Do anything and everything you can to be out of the beast and not to feed it. It's not an all in or all out thing. It's a matter of doing the best you can do to be out of this matrix. Don't be hard on yourself or others who only make it half way. It's about the goal of being as free from this as possible and helping to collapse this evil system. All of the rules they pass are just rules for their board game. THEY OWN IT and THEY CONTROL IT. To have any illusions to the contrary is pure folly.

BuddyRey
06-26-2010, 10:48 PM
Bump!

Live_Free_Or_Die
06-26-2010, 11:13 PM
We have the best representation people can elect. They will do the right thing.

Philhelm
06-26-2010, 11:14 PM
Lets hope they keep going. Let them pass this and plenty more like it. I am now in morbid fascination mode to see just how far they can take this and whether the people of the USA have any sense left in them to revolt and put an end to these mobsters. I hope they go full throttle until we are so obviously fucked that people will have to choose. Trying to fix this hopelessly broken system is a waste of time.

A part of me feels the same way. Morbid fascination is a good way to put it. At this point, I do hope they go full throttle with their bullshit so that it can all come crashing down on their heads. I so anxiously await a day of reckoning.

sailingaway
06-26-2010, 11:35 PM
Object to your reps. Let them at least be worried. Particularly those up for election in November.

The Fed and Goldman Sachs empowerment Act it should be called.