PDA

View Full Version : WP: Politics 24/7: No One Can Hear You Scream

Bradley in DC
10-14-2007, 06:51 AM
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/10/12/AR2007101200492_2.html?wpisrc=newsletter

[gratuitious Ron Paul mention]

POTUS's program hosts know how to stretch an interview -- Scott Walterman's morning show has a newsy feel, and Rebecca Roberts's PM drive show takes its tone from public radio -- but 400 days out, even in this overhyped, wildly accelerated political season, there just isn't that much to say.

"The sound of candidates is competing with the crickets," Roberts says as she and co-anchor Tim Farley try to fill a half-hour of post-debate punditry after a GOP debate to which none of the major contenders show up. "But that doesn't mean there isn't a lot to talk about."

So she talks and talks -- about how "there really aren't a lot of reporters here," and about how "blogging, I think, is an interesting medium," and about how "Ron Paul on a big screen is not as impressive as when you read about him on a blog."

lonestarguy
10-14-2007, 12:05 PM
I hope Bradley that RPHQ is now supplying XM POTUS channel with recorded speeches for what appears to be virtually free air time. The POTUS channel says it solicits speeches from the candidates. I listen nitely as I drive across Texas. I'm hearing entirely too much of the MSM contrived candidates. I hope RPHQ will take advantage. Bradley, we know you'll lean on HQ about this.