PDA

View Full Version : Judge Napolitano vs. Shephard Smith discussing gulf oil spill

Cynanthrope
06-25-2010, 06:53 PM
YouTube - Shepard Smith Rages On Fox News Colleague For Defending BP (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xdZ5LCNmvFQ)

It's pathetic that Smith accuses Napolitano of defending BP while disregarding the law & the government's incompetence.

catdd
06-25-2010, 07:20 PM
Shepard Smith is another government programmed bot.

tjeffersonsghost
06-25-2010, 07:23 PM
Whereas I agree with most of what the judge is saying we really have to find another way to deliver the message without looking like we are defending international corps like BP. There are other ways to relay the message without looking like we are pandering to international thugs...

ClayTrainor
06-25-2010, 07:25 PM
The Judge handles himself so amazingly well! That was great.

rprprs
06-25-2010, 08:45 PM
Whereas I agree with most of what the judge is saying we really have to find another way to deliver the message without looking like we are defending international corps like BP. There are other ways to relay the message without looking like we are pandering to international thugs...

Such as..?

By the way, I'm not trying to be sarcastic here. I agree wholeheartedly with your first sentence. I just don't know how it could be accomplished.

tjeffersonsghost
06-25-2010, 08:57 PM
Such as..?

By the way, I'm not trying to be sarcastic here. I agree wholeheartedly with your first sentence. I just don't know how it could be accomplished.

If it were me I would respond to such questions as follows....

"First off BP is responsible for this mess and should be held legally 100% accountable. It is the job of the government to facilitate the transparent legal process in which BP should be held accountable for all of their actions.
It is NOT the governments job to do these deals behind closed doors to hide any deals that could be done to facilitate BP like giving them tax breaks or who knows what else. It should be done in the open and in a legal fashion so we know there are no deals being done behind closed doors that can benefit BP.

It is NOT the roll of the government to set liability limits to limit compensation for property damage done by corporations like BP. If BP had no liability ceiling they probably would have been more careful the way they drilled and maintained their unit. "

I would of approached it something like that.

Kregisen
06-26-2010, 01:33 AM
Shephard Smith is obviously a progressive liberal.

The Judge owns him and Smith knows it....so his only comeback is "uhhh so you're protecting BP"

more idiotic BS.

j6p
06-26-2010, 07:40 AM
Whats funny is the GOPers think Obama needs to do something, like Bush did with katrina. The whole right vs. left, thing is really telling. Bush confiscated guns, in new orleans, Now obama is staying out of this whole mess, while we have a bunch BP thugs running around and claiming rights to beaches.

NewFederalist
06-27-2010, 06:52 AM
Shepard Smith is such a tool! He is the reason I stopped watching Fox News. He is such an intellectual lightweight and yet weighs in with such total certainty on issues like the Bush bailouts and now this. I generally like Fox Business but Fox News has really gone over to the darkside.

jmdrake
06-27-2010, 07:08 AM
Good job Judge! One slight mistake. He said "in Katrina the locals were incompetent to clean up". That's simply not true. The federal government got in the way in that disaster too. FEMA blocked private relief agencies from going into the disaster area.

South Park Fan
06-27-2010, 10:45 AM
Why is it always the reaction of people to get defensive when government is blamed for their problems? Is this just another symptom of "democratic" government?

catdd
06-27-2010, 10:54 AM
Why is it always the reaction of people to get defensive when government is blamed for their problems? Is this just another symptom of "democratic" government?

That's a good question. It seems to be more rampant among the republicans but the liberals are just as guilty.
They take it as if it's sacrilegious to imply our government isn't perfect.