PDA

View Full Version : Paul Mulshine rightly calls out Gov. Chris Christie....WTF!

Cowlesy
06-25-2010, 03:27 PM
Disguising tax increases as "fees?"

:mad:

Look, I like Chris Christie, he is playing tough, but you don't have a legislator removed from a committee because he's calling a spade a spade. Mike Doherty, incidentally, is apparently a Ron Paul supporter, according to Paul Mulshine.

http://blog.nj.com/njv_paul_mulshine/2010/06/if_christe_follows_through_on.html

Please visit the link for the full post, but this is the part that I raised my eyebrow over after reading the rest:

This is not Doherty's first run-in with the GOP establishment. The photo above ran on this blog during last year's senatorial primary campaign when Doherty's party-endorsed opponent, Marcia Karrow, took some cheap shots at his patriotism because of Doherty's proclaimed support for the traditionally conservative, America-first foreign policy espoused by Ron Paul.

See the flyer accusing Doherty of advocating "surrender in Iraq" here. What Doherty, and Paul, advocate is instead a policy that avoids getting the U.S. bogged down in endless exercises in nation-building. And as you can see from the photo, the Doherty family is intensely involved in the military. So maybe Doherty, a West Point grad, knows something.

Look, I am the first person to say, "Hey we can't all be purists" and look to build consensus, much to the chagrin of many forum members who I like and respect. And we get along fine despite that. I am just troubled that this guy also is on Ron Paul's side in respect to non-interventionism, and is getting berated because he's not playing ball with Governor Christie (who I still like).

specsaregood
06-25-2010, 03:34 PM
//

t0rnado
06-25-2010, 03:43 PM
Mike Doherty is a huge Ron Paul supporter and even spoke at a bunch of rallies in NJ and PA for Ron Paul in 2007 and 2008. He was a state congressman before he became a state senator this year. Christie is a neocon, who illegally wiretapped tons and tons of people when he was US Attorney under Bush and gave contracts to his former bosses. He might oppose teachers unions, but he is derailing and stalling the medical marijuana law passed by Corzine and he supports NJ's strict gun laws.

Doherty and Lonegan ran in the GOP primaries as the libertarian/"conservative" Republicans against Christie in 2009. Christie endorsed Doherty's neocon opponent and campaigned against him for the GOP nomination for the state senate seat.

specsaregood
06-25-2010, 03:45 PM
Update at the link.

THIS JUST IN: I now hear that Senate President Steve Sweeney is going to exercise his prerogative to prevent the Kean-Doherty switch on the committee. Is this an effort by the Democrats to embarrass Christie by calling attention to the tax hike? Are they trying to embarrass Doherty by forcing him to vote for a tax hike? We shall see.

I hope Doherty stays on and the budget is voted down. The govt getting shutdown in July with no budget would be the best thing that could happen to this state. Go Go Go govt shutdown!

Cowlesy
06-25-2010, 03:53 PM
Support our friends who come under the gun.

Senator Doherty,

Just wished to send a word of support as the internet has learned via Paul Mulshine that some shenanigans are afoot in the State House of New Jersey.

You have always been a friend to freedom and the American way, and if there is anything we can do to help you (though we are not your constituents), please let me know.

http://doherty.senatenj.com/contact.php

MRoCkEd
06-25-2010, 03:54 PM
Oh you gotta be shitting me.

I heard Doherty speak at a C4L conference last year.

specsaregood
06-25-2010, 04:22 PM
Support our friends who come under the gun.
http://doherty.senatenj.com/contact.php

done.

brandon
06-25-2010, 04:52 PM
Christie was always an establishment politician. Ron Paul endorsed his opponent in the primary.

specsaregood
06-27-2010, 11:31 PM
Christie was always an establishment politician. Ron Paul endorsed his opponent in the primary.

True enough, but fact is the guy is actually going to get a balanced budget and has made huge cuts. Establishment or not you gotta love what he says in interviews such as this:
YouTube - Gov. Chris Christie - NewWaveSlave.com (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BSk8s_-dxYM&feature=player_embedded)

RM918
06-28-2010, 04:44 AM
I hope Doherty stays on and the budget is voted down. The govt getting shutdown in July with no budget would be the best thing that could happen to this state. Go Go Go govt shutdown!

That'll be the second time in the last few years.

Slutter McGee
06-28-2010, 09:39 AM

Maybe he is establishment. But he also has huge testicular fortitude. Taking on the unions in New Jersey, trying to cut spending dramatically...and taxes. Sorry, establishment or not, I like what he is doing.

Sincerely,

Slutter McGee

brandon
06-28-2010, 09:40 AM
Maybe he is establishment. But he also has huge testicular fortitude. Taking on the unions in New Jersey, trying to cut spending dramatically...and taxes. Sorry, establishment or not, I like what he is doing.

Sincerely,

Slutter McGee

He is certainly much better than Corzine, I'll give him that.