PDA

View Full Version : Chuck Purgason gets Attention

South Park Fan
06-25-2010, 03:20 PM
From RealClearPolitics.com (http://realclearpolitics.blogs.time.com/2010/06/25/outsider-aims-for-blunt/):

The focus of the open Missouri Senate race is Republican Roy Blunt and Democrat Robin Carnahan, two establishment candidates long expected to be the nominees. But one primary challenger to Blunt is hoping to pick up on the anti-establishment fervor that's swept through several states' primaries already.

As the AP reports, state Sen. Chuck Purgason is airing a radio ad that discusses some of the earlier races:

"To be perfectly blunt, the Washington insiders want you to believe I can't win, bless their little hearts," Purgason says in the ad, which he said was recorded in his kitchen.

He then cites the defeat of Utah's Republican Sen. Bob Bennett and the GOP primary victories of tea party favorites Sharron Angle in Nevada and Rand Paul in Kentucky.

"Rand Paul took their version of Washington insider Roy Blunt to the cleaners," Purgason says in the commercial. He later adds: "Now it's our turn. If you want a choice in November, you've gotta help me win in the Republican primary on Aug. 3."

With practically no money, however, it will be difficult for Purgason to build much support in the next month. Purgason had about $1,000 in the bank through the end of March; Blunt had some $3.5 million.

We need to fix that last part about his fundraising.

Nathan Hale
06-25-2010, 08:57 PM
From RealClearPolitics.com (http://realclearpolitics.blogs.time.com/2010/06/25/outsider-aims-for-blunt/):

We need to fix that last part about his fundraising.

With one month? Vs a $3.5 million war chest? In a primary challenge? Sorry - that's asking too much too late.

Romulus
06-25-2010, 10:23 PM
Somehow I started received email from this guy Chuck. And shot back asking HOW he got my email. No response.

So I'd like to know who's selling out the spam list he's getting.

RedWhiteBlue
06-26-2010, 06:58 AM
I got on his email list, too, but glad I did. Great candidate.

You can opt out at the top of the email, but I decided to keep getting info on him. Will be distributing fliers for him and walking door to door.

Money isn't everything, as we found out on the Ron Paul campaign - door to door is the way to get out the vote.