PDA

View Full Version : WTF is this underground electric fence crap

TexanRudeBoy
06-25-2010, 01:18 PM
http://www.roguegovernment.com/Rand_Paul%27s_Underground_Electric_Border_Fence_Ba ffles_Cornyn%2C_Libertarians/21791/0/17/17/Y/M.html

Eminent domain anyone...........this is simply baffling from Rand. I'm honestly a little appalled. WTF is this?

BamaFanNKy
06-25-2010, 01:19 PM
Nice. Thanks for the help.

RonPaulFanInGA
06-25-2010, 01:21 PM
Welcome to August 2009.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=204047

MRoCkEd
06-25-2010, 01:22 PM
He's said this from the beginning. He supports secure borders, but doesn't like the idea of a physical wall-type fence (which reminds him of a Berlin Wall), so he supports using an underground electronic detection fence that would notify local stations about crossings.

sailingaway
06-25-2010, 01:22 PM
I'm certain it is that 'underground sensors' things, look how it is linked with helicopter stations. If it is underground, landowners might not have a problem with selling an easement, it is a lot better than some of the alternatives they are faced with now, without this. Even the physical fence which IS LAW blocks livestock from the Rio Grande. However, when he was asked about this on RT he quickly said 'Yeah, OR we could.....!" I think he isn't at all wedded to this particular solution, he is just saying border security needs to be a priority, and there are a million ways to do it and if DC really cared about it we'd have it already. He was brainstorming with this idea, he didn't have a staff, or the ability to take bids, or 'hearing capacity' to get the best scientific ways to go after this.

specsaregood
06-25-2010, 01:23 PM
I suppose you would rather create a giant wall armed with guards than a simple underground electronic fence with motion detectors and such? I think his proposal is a nice balance. "Eminent domain anyone..........."? Oh noes, you buried something underground.

TexanRudeBoy
06-25-2010, 01:23 PM
Welcome to August 2009.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=204047

Ah, sorry. It was just posted on Roguegovernment today.

sailingaway
06-25-2010, 01:27 PM
Ah, sorry. It was just posted on Roguegovernment today.

That is because the AP is regurgitating stories, having nothing else to hit Rand with, and not being interested in actual issues where Rand, unfortunately (from their point of view), shines.

TheDriver
06-25-2010, 01:33 PM
78% of Kentuckians want to send troops to the border!

I hope the AP keeps smearing him on this. :p

RonPaulFanInGA
06-25-2010, 01:34 PM
78% of Kentuckians want to send troops to the border!

I hope the AP keeps smearing him on this. :p

The AP is getting their articles directly from the Huffington Post it appears.

So glad their influence is declining.

ninepointfive
06-25-2010, 09:29 PM
how does it detect between a human and a pronghorn, bear, or cougar?

sailingaway
06-25-2010, 10:00 PM
how does it detect between a human and a pronghorn, bear, or cougar?

presumably that is where satellites come in. In fact, it would be ignored. I don't think this is the best solution, but I DO believe Rand is the best one to have at the table when actual proposals are being discussed.

I mean, from Kentucky's point of view, Rand or CONWAY?