PDA

View Full Version : Ron and Rand Paul #53 and #64 respectively on Most Hated List

AuH20
06-25-2010, 10:17 AM
I suspect in the next year or two, for that ranking to increase.

http://media.glennbeck.com/docs/100americans-pg1.pdf

Philhelm
06-25-2010, 11:04 AM
As for Ron Paul, there are many on the left that I have met who don't hate him. Obiously, they don't support him, but they differentiate Ron Paul from the typical Republicans that they tend to hate. I honestly believe that Ron Paul could win a general election for the presidency, but the largest obstacle would be the GOP itself.

Elwar
06-25-2010, 11:06 AM
It would be a lot higher if they only polled lobbyists and Washington insiders.

erowe1
06-25-2010, 11:07 AM
As for Ron Paul, there are many on the left that I have met who don't hate him.

But there are many on the left who do hate him. And there are probably even more establishment Republicans who hate him.

catdd
06-25-2010, 11:13 AM
He's pretty far down on the list but I still don't know how anyone could hate him.

John Taylor
06-25-2010, 11:15 AM
The left hasn't needed to really train their guns directly on him, because Ron and Rand haven't been the primary "leaders" over conservatism, or "reactionarism" or whatever they view us as...

South Park Fan
06-25-2010, 11:16 AM
Except for the Pauls, Tucker Carlson, John Stossel, Walter Williams, Thomas Sowell, and Pat Buchanan it seemed like most of them were neoconservatives

Kregisen
06-25-2010, 11:36 AM
Is it a bad thing that I hate most of the top 10 as well since I'm a conservative?

catdd
06-25-2010, 11:39 AM
There's a lot of crossover, that's one reason why I don't see how any liberals could hate RP unless they are self-hating.

Matt Collins
06-25-2010, 12:04 PM
They must be doing something right. They're catching on I'm telling ya!

MichelleHeart
06-25-2010, 12:10 PM
A lot of liberals I talk to seem to hate Rand, though. A LOT.

akforme
06-25-2010, 12:30 PM
Is it a bad thing that I hate most of the top 10 as well since I'm a conservative?

I feel the same way, out of the first 40 I looked thru I found a handful that I don't dislike myself.

Knightskye
06-25-2010, 12:53 PM
I like how they have write-ups for the first fifty, and then for the rest, they just have titles.

klamath
06-25-2010, 01:02 PM
Let RP move to the front of the pack on the republican side and you will see the real hate towards RP from the left. Rand is more hated by the left now because they see him as being a new powerful republican leader emerging. Everything they hate about rand RP is even stronger at. They aren't attacking Rand from the war angle but the domestic angle. RP holds even stronger positions domestically than Rand. The good news is that the minute RP would move to the front of the republican leaders and the left came after him with pitchforks the republicans would rally around him.

RM918
06-25-2010, 01:06 PM
There's a lot of crossover, that's one reason why I don't see how any liberals could hate RP unless they are self-hating.

They tend to hate RP because they see his economic concerns as 'retarded' because it forces them to face reality (None of their big-spending could be possible if they had to worry about remaining solvent). They also think he's an objectivist, wants the poor to burn in hell and never be helped, and wants corporations to control everything. And then there's the abortion thing.

Knightskye
06-25-2010, 01:13 PM
How did they measure this?

Or did they just make a list of 100 famous "conservatives" -- I put it in quotation marks because W. Bush is on the list. Don't get me wrong, the left does hate him (more than Beck, in my opinion), but about halfway down, I wasn't sure who the people were.

John Taylor
06-25-2010, 02:53 PM
When Rand is a Senator he'll shoot up on the list. Ron isn't as hated by the left because he has a lower profile than many... and he is not in a position of power, so he can easily be ignored... and the leftists like when he sears the GOP, as he does regularly.

ClayTrainor
06-25-2010, 02:55 PM
When Rand is a Senator he'll shoot up on the list. Ron isn't as hated by the left because he has a lower profile than many... and he is not in a position of power, so he can easily be ignored... and the leftists like when he sears the GOP, as he does regularly.

True.

Most of the "left" that I encounter in my personal life are sympathetic to Ron Paul for his firm anti-war stance, as well.

malkusm
06-25-2010, 02:58 PM
Except for the Pauls, Tucker Carlson, John Stossel, Walter Williams, and Pat Buchanan it seemed like most of them were neoconservatives

Don't forget Thomas Sowell!

Ricky201
06-25-2010, 11:45 PM
I expected Rand Paul and the governor from Arizona to be much higher on the list. I didn't really expect Ron Paul to be on at all. I think most liberals would see Ron to be an asset, especially since Ron believes in building coalitions. Rand comes off much more partisan to the liberals, especially when the neo-cons came to his defense.

libertybrewcity
06-25-2010, 11:52 PM
i am willing to bet that more people on the left like ron paul more than those that hate him. i know that is at least true with young people. everyone college student i talk to, they say, yea i voted for obama but you know who i really liked? ron paul.

i hear it over and over.

BuddyRey
06-26-2010, 01:01 AM
i am willing to bet that more people on the left like ron paul more than those that hate him. i know that is at least true with young people. everyone college student i talk to, they say, yea i voted for obama but you know who i really liked? ron paul.

i hear it over and over.

This!

I'm exceedingly skeptical at any website which purports to compile a definitive list of who "the left" hates the most, since "the left" is hardly a monolith. In fact, they're probably as fractious and polarized at the grassroots level as the so-called "right" is. When the Ron Paul movement wasn't about representing any particular party or wing of politics, the coalition was so broad and so diverse that the Old Media didn't know what label to slap onto us.

I realize the movement is maturing, evolving, and finding its voice, but I also fear that, by so hastily volunteering to go into battle with the banner of a "right-wing" political force, we run the risk of abandoning the carefully nuanced and wholly unmatched universality of the message Dr. Paul has always represented. The way we are now; un-tagged, un-labelled, and truly "independent" in every sense of the term, we hold a unique opportunity to come to the American people unblemished by their preconceived notions of party and ideology; and in so doing, make ourselves known as allies of all people who desire peace and freedom.

Promontorium
06-26-2010, 01:23 AM
Ron Paul is consistently called "insane" for his beliefs. And everytime it's by a leftist calling his common middle of the road "right wing" positions insane, or a righty calling one of his mundane "left wing" positions insane.

Through Ron Paul, most Americans call the ideas of most Americans "insane". Either most people are insane, or they are just terrible at politics and should really rethink their life.

I think there's something to be said about Ron and Rand making this list, but welllll below anyone most people have heard of.

Srg1
06-26-2010, 03:25 AM
Alex jones should be on that list.

james1906
06-26-2010, 09:32 AM
People on the left start their opinions of RP with "Well, I like Ron Paul on some things....." You don't get that opinion with others in the GOP unless it's the liberal wing like Chaffee, Snowe, etc.

Roxi
06-26-2010, 10:12 AM
LMAO at Tim Tebow being number 74

Lucille
06-26-2010, 01:27 PM
He's pretty far down on the list but I still don't know how anyone could hate him.

"The men the American people admire most extravagantly are the most daring liars; the men they detest most violently are those who try to tell them the truth."
~ H.L. Mencken (http://www.lewrockwell.com/shaffer/shaffer218.html)

HOLLYWOOD
06-26-2010, 01:30 PM
Lol! #72 ted nugent

erowe1
06-26-2010, 01:34 PM
Don't forget Thomas Sowell!

Is Sowell not a neoconservative? He sure supports the wars in the Middle East a lot for someone who isn't, if that's the case.

Anti Federalist
06-26-2010, 01:35 PM
As others have already noted, I don't care for most of who's on that list as well.

What's that say?

If you made a list of the "100 people the Right hates" I'd probably not care for the vast bulk of those folks as well.

catdd
06-26-2010, 01:38 PM
They tend to hate RP because they see his economic concerns as 'retarded' because it forces them to face reality (None of their big-spending could be possible if they had to worry about remaining solvent). They also think he's an objectivist, wants the poor to burn in hell and never be helped, and wants corporations to control everything. And then there's the abortion thing.

Those are the areas we need to work on with them. I mean, I know getting through to liberals is like banging your head against a rock wall, but we can chip away at it.
The thing is to keep them on the defensive and hopefully they will get tired of fighting the truth.

heavenlyboy34
06-26-2010, 01:39 PM
Coincidentally, I hate most of those people too! lolz

JohnEngland
06-26-2010, 04:08 PM
A lot of liberals I talk to seem to hate Rand, though. A LOT.

Do they even know why they hate him?

And once they utter their answer, which will surely be along the lines of "oh, he wants to repeal the Civil Rights Act and hates black people", I hope you can correct them with the facts!