PDA

View Full Version : Justin Amash's Old Seat

angelatc
06-25-2010, 09:54 AM
I have a story:

A few years back, I got a dog that loved to play frisbee.

When I ran across some people from Purina putting on a disc dog show at the state fair, I asked them where I could learn to teach my dog tricks like they were doing. They told me there was a local club that welcomed newcomers.

I immediately joined the club, and found they even though they were competing on a world class level, they had a program set up specifically designed to introduce newcomers to the sport.

When we had to move to Chicagoland, I quickly looked up their local club. They were also very advanced as competitors, but had no program for beginners.

The differences between the clubs is easily summed up: the first club was growing, while the second was dying.

Our movement needs to mimic the first club - we need new recruits to bring up through the ranks while our first round of politicians move to bigger venues.

Which brings me to the state seat that Justin Amash is leaving. Another liberty candidate is running for that seat, and his name is Eric L Larson. If you live in Michigan's State House Dictrict 72 (http://mivote.org/voterinfo/districts/State-House/72) (Kent / Caledonia) then please put up a yard sign for Larson.

ben "at" ericlarson2010.com is your goto guy.

erowe1
06-25-2010, 11:02 AM
+1

Eric Larson is a great candidate. He was also the person who first started promoting Amash here. And I assume that the only reason he hasn't been promoting his own candidacy here is because that's not his style. But somebody needs to. He's the real deal and very electable, with the skills, background, and personality to be taken seriously by the mainstream.

biles1234
06-25-2010, 01:38 PM
+2

Eric Larson is definitely a great candidate. Also, Jordan Bush is another good guy very similar to Justin who is running for the 75th district seat.

Justin has seriously inspired quite a few pro-liberty candidates to run in the area and their chances of winning are promising :)